Default David Morrisey in the MCU

So apparently Disney/Marvel Studios are looking into the actor for a role.

He's perhaps most famous for his role as the Governor in the Walking Dead, although he's also been in many British series, including the role of the "fake" Doctor in a Doctor Who Christmas special.

Given what I've seen of him I can kind of see him being Norman Osborn-the Governor was, in a few ways, similar-sort of charming on the outside, but really mostly insane (In addition to his violent nature he also kept his zombie daughter and an aquarium of zombie heads in his house).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

He's perhaps most famous for his role as the Governor in the Walking Dead, although he's also been in many British series, including the role of the "fake" Doctor in a Doctor Who Christmas special.

Given what I've seen of him I can kind of see him being Norman Osborn-the Governor was, in a few ways, similar-sort of charming on the outside, but really mostly insane (In addition to his violent nature he also kept his zombie daughter and an aquarium of zombie heads in his house).
    Keanu Reeves is being sought after for Eternal after dropping out of Captian Marvel because wick 3 schedule conflict's.

Charlie Hunnam has been attached to Eternals and even weird Rumors of Wolverine.

Richard Madden and Kumail Nunajani along with Angolina Jolie are already cast in Eteranls. Wondering if Morrisey isnt also being looked at for Eternals or BLACK widow since they are more immediate

BANNED

I think it's generally bad practice to look for a role that fits an actor rather than the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think it's generally bad practice to look for a role that fits an actor rather than the other way around
    What makes you think they are doing that?

BANNED

The way the post was worded.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What makes you think they are doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The way the post was worded.
    It doesnt exclude that its a singular role they are looking at him for. Doent exclude that it's not mutiple roles either but I dont see a problem with the wording.

Also what's the difference anyway. Let's say Marvel wants to be in the Dicaprio business. They bring him in and they are like we wsnt to work with you. So let's so what we got coming up and oooo you would make a great Norman Osborn what do you think? Theres no difference in that and saying we are casting norman Osborn who do we want? Oo let's try DiCaprio. Now if there are no roles suitable for the actor and you force him into one just so you can use him. Now that can be a big problem.

BANNED

It doesnt exclude that its a singular role they are looking at him for. Doent exclude that it's not mutiple roles either but I dont see a problem with the wording.

Also what's the difference anyway. Let's say Marvel wants to be in the Dicaprio business. They bring him in and they are like we wsnt to work with you. So let's so what we got coming up and oooo you would make a great Norman Osborn what do you think? Theres no difference in that and saying we are casting norman Osborn who do we want? Oo let's try DiCaprio. Now if there are no roles suitable for the actor and you force him into one just so you can use him. Now that can be a big problem.
    That...is a pretty significant difference.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I could see Morissey playing Druig or Zuras in the Eternals.

He could also possibly play the High Evolutionary in GoTG vol.3

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Or any made up European dude for Blackwidow. So far all that movies got that I know of is Scarjo and David Harbor. And that movies up next.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Wasn't there talk of Mark Hamill being in GoTG 3? He could make a great mad scientist version of the High Evolutionary.

David Morrissey is excellent. It makes perfect sense to me that they would have him in mind as a reliable person to bring depth to a role. Most recently he was the lead in 'The City and the City' an adaptation of China Miéville's novel, which relied heavily upon his talents.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Or any made up European dude for Blackwidow. So far all that movies got that I know of is Scarjo and David Harbor. And that movies up next.
    They have cast the primary principal cast already since film production begun this week.

Rachel Weisz, Florence Pugh and OT Fagbenle were also cast a while back.