Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default LTTP: Mike Carey's X-Men Legacy

Ok so thanks to a previous Hickman I decided to jump back into Mike's X-men series. I read the Supernova issues years ago and really enjoyed them so this time I decided to go back and read them from the beginning and HOLY HELL are they good. I'm only a few issues in the quality is amazing and atmospheric. The whole introspective dive into Xavier as character examining his motivations and drives is just so well put together.

I had forgotten some of the great storytelling that came from the whole House of M/Messiah Complex events. What the hell happened to the X-men books? I feel like after AvX Marvel just largely stopped putting effort into the X-Men. Even a few issues in there's some pretty interesting concepts especially with Mr. Sinister, I mean experimenting on Xavier when he was a child, grooming Scott at the Orphanage, taking a sample of Jean's DNA when she was just a little girl? Can't wait to read the rest.

Legion's Legacy >>> Xavier's >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rogue's
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-27-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Xavier Legacy should get a complete collection in preparation for Hickman.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Wish Carey would return as an x-writer

Rogue Legacy was the best Legacy of all time.
    Last edited by DarkMagnus; 05-27-2019 at 04:21 PM.

I preferred Mike Carey's adjectiveless X-Men issues over his Legacy issues.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Rogue Legacy was the best Legacy of all time.
    Rogue's team was one of the best X-men runs ever for me!!!!!

(And then Cyclops demoted Rogue, when he's the reason the team failed to begin with lmao)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ok so thanks to a previous Hickman I decided to jump back into Mike's X-men series. I read the Supernova issues years ago and really enjoyed them so this time I decided to go back and read them from the beginning and HOLY HELL are they good. I'm only a few issues in the quality is amazing and atmospheric. The whole introspective dive into Xavier as character examining his motivations and drives is just so well put together.

I had forgotten some of the great storytelling that came from the whole House of M/Messiah Complex events. What the hell happened to the X-men books? I feel like after AvX Marvel just largely stopped putting effort into the X-Men. Even a few issues in there's some pretty interesting concepts especially with Mr. Sinister, I mean experimenting on Xavier when he was a child, grooming Scott at the Orphanage, taking a sample of Jean's DNA when she was just a little girl? Can't wait to read the rest.
    Carey's one of the few post-2001 writers to actually use the franchise's history and continuity to tell stories. A lot of his run was quite good. I particularly like what he did with Rogue and his attempt at damage control on what Brubaker and Whedon did to Xavier.