Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Harley & Ivy : an appreciation.

Anyone know any fanart or fanfic sites you like on these two? Any favourite stories or episodes?
    I own a Japanese "GL" fan-comic on these two. Nothing smutty but they DO share a bath together in it. Mind you Manga girls do that all the time. My Japanese is lousy but I think confesses her love for her.

THIS pic is cute. Would love to see Margot Robbie sign off on Harley this way :

lgbt.jpg
    Last edited by AnthonyO'Brien; 05-28-2019 at 01:48 AM.

I’ll actually say this in full honesty I like them together much more then any story between Harley and any other character, especially the joker. I mean I do honestly think it started out as just fan fic shipping, but recent comics have actually had some really great moments between them that I really like. Honestly if DC were to make it more official I’d be all for it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The couple really started with Harley's creator, but it's been developed in Harley's solo, Batman and Hic. As well as the out of continuity stuff with injustice and bombshells. I think it's good for representation and it can lead to meaningful development for both characters, but when dealing with characters as big as Harley and Ivy it's important to balance so that neither ends up being used as a plot device for the other.

As for fan sites, half of tumblr is pretty much a fan site for the pairing.

Mighty Member

(thanks for the replies so far!)

Love the bit in Batman Adventures #12 where Ivy rushes to Harl's aid after a bump to the head, pushing batgirl aside. A lot of bad guys in a team up would have only cared about themselves.
    It made me wonder...

A few years later the Batgirl adventures one-shot made me wonder even more :

Ivy : "She was my friend and she meant more to me than you'll ever know..."
    (Harley- Listening in the distance) "aww Red!"

YOUR favourite H&I moments?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    (thanks for the replies so far!)

Love the bit in Batman Adventures #12 where Ivy rushes to Harl's aid after a bump to the head, pushing batgirl aside. A lot of bad guys in a team up would have only cared about themselves.
    It made me wonder...

A few years later the Batgirl adventures one-shot made me wonder even more :

Ivy : "She was my friend and she meant more to me than you'll ever know..."
    (Harley- Listening in the distance) "aww Red!"

YOUR favourite H&I moments?
    For me, the most memorable moment came from Batman & Robin Adventures #8 where Harley & Ivy capture Robin and turn him into their slave. While Robin was attending to Ivy, Harley made a snarky comment that Ivy was "robbin' the cradle".
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-01-2019 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I haven't seen much, so my favorite is that BTAS episode when they have a girl's crime out and get a hypnotized Bruce Wayne to pay for everything.

All-New Member

Default Favourite Harley Quinn Moments

Hey,
    Just finished watching the first season of Harley Quinn on E4. Could not get enough of it, the show is brilliant. It got me to read some of her comics which I have had for a while and re-watch some of the Batman Animated Series. Just wondering what are people's favourite Harley moments. I am a fan of anytime she breaks up with The Joker. Even wrote an article about it.

https://whatculture.com/comics/when-...-up-with-joker

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderPan View Post
    Hey,
    Just finished watching the first season of Harley Quinn on E4. Could not get enough of it, the show is brilliant. It got me to read some of her comics which I have had for a while and re-watch some of the Batman Animated Series. Just wondering what are people's favourite Harley moments. I am a fan of anytime she breaks up with The Joker. Even wrote an article about it.

https://whatculture.com/comics/when-...-up-with-joker
    Harley is mostly good only in Batman the animated serie and it's multiple spin-off (tv series and comics):

Series
    • 92-95 - Batman the Animated Serie
    • 97-99 - The New Batman Adventures
    • 00-02 - Gotham Girls
    • 19-?? - Harley Quinn

Comics
    • 92-95 - The Batman Adventures
    • 93 - Mad Love
    • 95-97 - The Batman and Robin Adventures
    • 98 - The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years
    • 98-03 - Batman: Gotham Adventures
    • 02 - Gotham Girls
    • 03-04 - Batman Adventures vol.2
    • 04 - Batman: Harley and Ivy
    • 16 - Batman/TMNT Adventures
    • 16 - Love is Love + Harley Quinn
    • 18 - Harley loves Joker
    • 20 - Batman: The Adventures Continue
    Last edited by jb681131; 07-11-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Sorry, Harley.

FIGHT NIGHT 1.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

For those who are interested. Harley and Ivy will be featured in a relationship (chapter fifteen onward) as part of my DC/Marvel Crossover "Convergence Point" -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fans of this couple probably will want to check out Injustice Year Zero #8 today (which thankfully because its digital is only 99 cents). I think that it has a really great moment in here that fans will like but also its kind of depressing because if you know anything about the Injustice universe you know that it will not end well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.