Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Start a new Harley appreciation thread, simple as that! The reason the old one was locked was due to performance issues, which led to the new policy of trying to limit thread lengths. Include the year of thread as well, and the word "appreciation", like "Bringing Harley Quinn's Mallet of Appreciation since 2019!"

And you can find people who like Harley as a character here as well. I guess they just need some positive reinforcement.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Thanks for the reply, before I made the post I did a forum search on Harley and most of the posts were very negative. I only joined this forum a few hours ago, so I'm not confident enough to make my own thread yet (especially on a disliked character) but I appreciate the positive reply.

Yeah, sadly there is a tendency (and it's by no means unique to this forum) that people bond over disliking things. Add in to that some people are at risk of going into a mode of that since they dislike something, noone else should be allowed to like it either.

I guess Harley could write that up much fancier
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I'm sure there's a psychological name for it, but who knows if she would bother to use it.

The original Harley & Ivy

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    The original Harley & Ivy

Yeah! Now you're talking.

When Timm & Dini are working together, they're the best:

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-20-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Bleeding Cool has a write-up about how DC currently handles Harley and Ivy as a couple.

I can't think of a better way for them to strengthen the power of the HarlIvy fandom and shippers, and get them to make allies.

Fight we wanna see.

IMG_20200408_194904373.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah! Now you're talking.

When Timm & Dini are working together, they're the best:

To be fair, the original Harley and Ivy pairing was almost as dysfunctional as Harley and the Joker. Ivy had her moments of care, but she has also had plenty of abusive moments. It wasn't taken as seriously as Joker, as Ivy was more verbally and emotionally abusive as she would often belittle Harley (and any physical acts were treated as slapstick). So while I like that version, I could definitely see why some would not like the original take as that pairing was just as bad as Harley with Joker...

Conan is a shipper

So 27 years after their iconic meeting, it happened. Only fitting that the first adaptation of their relationship be in animation before live action.

Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-16-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Preview for next episode:

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Preview for next episode:

What happens in Themyscira, stays in Themyscira...

I sometimes forget Ivy's supposed to be wearing pants. I always just assume those are plant legs .

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    To be fair, the original Harley and Ivy pairing was almost as dysfunctional as Harley and the Joker. Ivy had her moments of care, but she has also had plenty of abusive moments. It wasn't taken as seriously as Joker, as Ivy was more verbally and emotionally abusive as she would often belittle Harley (and any physical acts were treated as slapstick). So while I like that version, I could definitely see why some would not like the original take as that pairing was just as bad as Harley with Joker...
    No argument from me, Mistah K88.

Looking back, I now see what you mean and you bring up a good point.

However, there were moments where their friendship felt so genuine...

... and that's something I'll always remember vividly.

Someone knows what this is worth (quality wise story & art) ?