Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Damian Wayne and Deathstroke Archrivals ?

In the last several years they have been paired off quite frequently. Deathstroke has been the true breakout star of the teen titans appearing in multiple comics, story lines adapted for both television and film live and animated. He tends to tangle with batman and his godlike friends more then the Titans. However he has quite the few run ins with the youngest Wayne.

Extraordinary Member

Damian made enough to be hated for Slade in the same way than Dick Grayson generation..

I think it's because Slade can often be interpreted as a sort of "dark" Batman, so I can see why Damian would have such an axe to grind with him. The thing is, I don't think they can be really seen as "archrivals" because the rivalry only exists in Damian's head; he would probably consider Deathstroke as his "rival" but that's out of narcissism. Much like when he tried to run up on Red Hood, he's just barking up the wrong tree and Slade appears to be, more or less, humoring him.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think it's because Slade can often be interpreted as a sort of "dark" Batman, so I can see why Damian would have such an axe to grind with him. The thing is, I don't think they can be really seen as "archrivals" because the rivalry only exists in Damian's head; he would probably consider Deathstroke as his "rival" but that's out of narcissism. Much like when he tried to run up on Red Hood, he's just barking up the wrong tree and Slade appears to be, more or less, humoring him.
    with the eception of the Terminus agenda Damian has not been in pursuit they just keep crossing paths in the last few years.

Intrestingly enough, that is how Slade described Redhood when they faught each other, but he doesnt take a special interest in Jason or Dick like he does Damian

BANNED

maybe he is going to kill them all when he comes back from his "death" in terminus agenda which was a ridiculous story all said and done. if any mercenary/assassin allows himself to be killed by children then his reps shot and no one is going to rehire him when he comes back no matter how good he is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    maybe he is going to kill them all when he comes back from his "death" in terminus agenda which was a ridiculous story all said and done. if any mercenary/assassin allows himself to be killed by children then his reps shot and no one is going to rehire him when he comes back no matter how good he is.
    His origin is failing to defeat children

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    So much of this post is just incorrect .

It is not all in Damian's head. there is more than enough reason to consider him a rival.

This started under Morrison when Slade and Talia took over Damian's body and tried to make him kill Grayson.

Slade kidnapped him.

They had a run in where Slade tried to kill his friend

Slade was said to be his Dad.

Slade invaded his home and his fathers cave and tried to kill him.

Slade corrupted his friend and tried to kill everyone.

Slade has tried to kill his big bro numerous times

Slade wants to mentor him.

Right from the jump Slade made it personal. Taunting Grayson about how he was inside Damian and trying to use his body to kill the person he loved and valued most.

Damian is fully justified. He has ample reason to personally hate Slade and Slade has some personal interest in Damian under Priest.

In the new Animated Universe the two are 100% Arch Rivals.

The Red Hood issue how do you know it was in his head or that he was barking up the wrong tree? the story is still ongoing and the writer never actually showed us most of the interactions between Jason and Damian.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-29-2019 at 01:26 AM.

It looks like the some at DC clearly are thinking that. Certainly the folks over in animation because that Slade has a vendetta against Damian.

In the comics they two keep crossing paths. I think Slade has a weird fondness for Damian similar to the Jokers [he likes Damian because he can sense a darkness in him which made him [Damian] fun].
    Comic Damian has an axe to grind with Slade and would consider him a rival but I'm not sure they are at arch rival level yet.

In the movies yeah one might call them arch rivals but in the comics I'm not too sure. Slade is already a D.Bag who gets up in everyone's business because that's his business but he also has a personal interest in Damian

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    His origin is failing to defeat children
    many of them were at least more experienced and on the verge of adulthood. these seem like toddlers which is more funny.

Astonishing Member

It would be wasted potential and adding more bodies to the already high death count of the Titans/TT franchise if Damian's entire generation(which was created specifically for him)got wiped out by a revived Deathstroke. And considering the current direction of DC this is very likely to happen...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    So much of this post is just incorrect .

It is not all in Damian's head. there is more than enough reason to consider him a rival.

This started under Morrison when Slade and Talia took over Damian's body and tried to make him kill Grayson.

Slade kidnapped him.

They had a run in where Slade tried to kill his friend

Slade was said to be his Dad.

Slade invaded his home and his fathers cave and tried to kill him.

Slade corrupted his friend and tried to kill everyone.

Slade has tried to kill his big bro numerous times

Slade wants to mentor him.

Right from the jump Slade made it personal. Taunting Grayson about how he was inside Damian and trying to use his body to kill the person he loved and valued most.

Damian is fully justified. He has ample reason to personally hate Slade and Slade has some personal interest in Damian under Priest.

In the new Animated Universe the two are 100% Arch Rivals.

The Red Hood issue how do you know it was in his head or that he was barking up the wrong tree? the story is still ongoing and the writer never actually showed us most of the interactions between Jason and Damian.
    I don't know what to think about this... because at first, I questioned how Deathstroke can be defined as a Batman or Justice League villain when his most popular story is fighting teenagers, but then people told me how Deathstroke had developed from New Teen Titans day, that kind of like Harley Quinn he has become so much more than what he initially debuted... and now he's back to fighting teenagers, while sometimes tangling with Batman and Justice League.

Of course, I don't know the full context but from an outside perspective, he's like an old man who just can't stop getting angry at kids. It's like... man, you can go toe to toe with Batman and the League, stop picking on kids XD
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-01-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member

many of them were at least more experienced and on the verge of adulthood. these seem like toddlers which is more funny.
    but the obssesion defiance really pissed me off How did the JL let him get away with it

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't know what to think about this... because at first, I questioned how Deathstroke can be defined as a Batman or Justice League villain when his most popular story is fighting teenagers, but then people told me how Deathstroke had developed from New Teen Titans day, that kind of like Harley Quinn he has become so much more than what he initially debuted... and now he's back to fighting teenagers, while sometimes tangling with Batman and Justice League.

Of course, I don't know the full context but from an outside perspective, he's like an old man who just can't stop getting angry at kids. It's like... man, you can go toe to toe with Batman and the League, stop picking on kids XD

Slade desperately wants a Robin of his very own

I thought Slade had come a long way from his past of fighting Teens and being a TT's villain. Certainly at the point where he was being considered for the foe in the solo Batman movie but it seems that on the side he gets up to his old tricks.

I don't know why it's so hard for him to move beyond that. Some writers like him in that role or maybe he's just one of the few decent enough baddies for teen heroes to fight. He's just got enough cred, isn't fodder and he isn't so high level he'd need to job for it to be believe.

Also he's a free agent [isn't arching any heavys who all have their own rouges] so he also wound up being available for TT writers to use.

He is morphing into Damian's Archrival. They had a history/dynamic which Priest is keen to explore.

They work well off each other and their relationship has evolved over the years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Slade desperately wants a Robin of his very own

I thought Slade had come a long way from his past of fighting Teens and being a TT's villain. Certainly at the point where he was being considered for the foe in the solo Batman movie but it seems that on the side he gets up to his old tricks.

I don't know why it's so hard for him to move beyond that. Some writers like him in that role or maybe he's just one of the few decent enough baddies for teen heroes to fight. He's just got enough cred, isn't fodder and he isn't so high level he'd need to job for it to be believe.

Also he's a free agent [isn't arching any heavys who all have their own rouges] so he also wound up being available for TT writers to use.

He is morphing into Damian's Archrival. They had a history/dynamic which Priest is keen to explore.

They work well off each other and their relationship has evolved over the years.
    What’s makes it odd is that he has 3 children of his own.... why not play with them