Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Slade desperately wants a Robin of his very own

I thought Slade had come a long way from his past of fighting Teens and being a TT's villain. Certainly at the point where he was being considered for the foe in the solo Batman movie but it seems that on the side he gets up to his old tricks.

I don't know why it's so hard for him to move beyond that. Some writers like him in that role or maybe he's just one of the few decent enough baddies for teen heroes to fight. He's just got enough cred, isn't fodder and he isn't so high level he'd need to job for it to be believe.

Also he's a free agent [isn't arching any heavys who all have their own rouges] so he also wound up being available for TT writers to use.

He is morphing into Damian's Archrival. They had a history/dynamic which Priest is keen to explore.

They work well off each other and their relationship has evolved over the years.
    Well from a meta point of view it's just tradition. That's how he debuted and then defined, so that's how he's going to keep being associated in this world of eternal icons with repeating storylines. Like how Jason and Babs are associated with Joker and Dick with Batman, Slade will continue to be associated with Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well from a meta point of view it's just tradition. That's how he debuted and then defined, so that's how he's going to keep being associated in this world of eternal icons with repeating storylines. Like how Jason and Babs are associated with Joker and Dick with Batman, Slade will continue to be associated with Teen Titans.
    I guess you are correct. he never managed to shake that association even as he was getting more recognised as a high calibre baddie.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What’s makes it odd is that he has 3 children of his own.... why not play with them
    I guess he doesn't want to or they don't to play with him. I'd rather read Deathstroke v Damian than Deathstroke v Rose.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I guess you are correct. he never managed to shake that association even as he was getting more recognised as a high calibre baddie.
    Really I feel as if he graduated a while ago
    He was meant to counter Batman in the Film universe, he has had run ins with the trinity and has been gunning for bat Almost as much as he does for Damian

What’s makes it odd is that he has 3 children of his own.... why not play with them
    I always enjoy stories about Slade and his kids. It's a shame we don't get so many of them anymore but according to Tomasi Dc doesn't really like family stories and Slade is a TT villain which is why he's always playing with other peoples kids.

Extraordinary Member

Here we are still going strong but Slade may have a 4th child

2DEFEEB9-2E14-409F-8ADB-DE73D90D7772.jpg

I don't understand the insistance on the downgrade for Slade

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Of course, I don't know the full context but from an outside perspective, he's like an old man who just can't stop getting angry at kids. It's like... man, you can go toe to toe with Batman and the League, stop picking on kids XD
    He's like this old guy here where I live, or close here, that sued the kids (well, the town, actually) who played ball in the park in front of his house because they annoyed him. He won and now the kids are banned from playing there.
    But with murderous intent and all that.
    And loosing instead of wining.

Imagine the man decided to sue the town hall because actual serious issues.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-30-2022 at 04:15 PM.

In the last several years they have been paired off quite frequently. Deathstroke has been the true breakout star of the teen titans appearing in multiple comics, story lines adapted for both television and film live and animated. He tends to tangle with batman and his godlike friends more then the Titans. However he has quite the few run ins with the youngest Wayne.

This movie was terrible, I don't care how trained he is, a less than 100 lb boy is not going to handle a large, equally trained, far more experienced meta like that.

In comics there is certainly animosity on Damian's part towards Deathstroke and I think Slade feels like he failed with his own kids, so he seems to think he can mold Damian to what he wants.

Deathstroke is a TT villain, but a Batman rival.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    This movie was terrible, I don't care how trained he is, a less than 100 lb boy is not going to handle a large, equally trained, far more experienced meta like that.

In comics there is certainly animosity on Damian's part towards Deathstroke and I think Slade feels like he failed with his own kids, so he seems to think he can mold Damian to what he wants.

I have no issues with Damian handling Slade. Lesser trained and younger Robin's have always handled larger trained men. That's their thing.
    [Damian also handled Slade in the comics not just in the movies]

Yeah Damian hates Slade with good reason in the comics but I don't understand why Slade loves him so much.

Pre Flash point Slade's animosity against Damian was linked with his vendetta against Dick but that evolved. Becoming more personal and twisting into some sort of warped affection as well.

Slade isn't Damian's arch rival but he is a Damian villain/rival the number of times they've gone head to head.
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-30-2022 at 09:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

No one ever seem to mind Robin fighting Slade in TeenTitans animated. This deathstroke is kinda lame, he is afraid of Batman in thease movies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't understand the insistance on the downgrade for Slade
    Is it downgrade if the titans can’t handle this redX kid.

Extraordinary Member

His origin is failing to defeat children
    Not really he managed to capture all Titans appart from Dick and deliver them to H.I.V.E. and than Dick and Jerico freed them.

It has been a while since I have read Judas Contract but I don't think he was actually defeated by the Titans in it.
    And if he was they had with Donna and Starfire tow members on the team that are far above him in Terms of physical strength.

Extraordinary Member

I find the fight against Ubu even worse. Since that looks so unrealistic (even for a cartoon) that it just takes you completely out of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really he managed to capture all Titans appart from Dick and deliver them to H.I.V.E. and than Dick and Jerico freed them.

It has been a while since I have read Judas Contract but I don't think he was actually defeated by the Titans in it.
    And if he was they had with Donna and Starfire tow members on the team that are far above him in Terms of physical strength.
    In all the TT stories that feature Deathstroke as an antagonist [all media] What is the current score?

How many times has he lost and how many times has he won?

Rac7d is right. Deathstroke constantly gets his arse beat by kids.

And we have plenty of examples.