Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    If they're going to reboot the numbering, I move to resume the classic numbering at # 714 from the original series that ended with the New 52 reboot.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That's not what they did with Action or Detective though. They started as if those issues were part of the run. Plus Batman Vol. 3 #35 had the #800 variant cover by Tony Daniels.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

My prediction is 2 six issue arcs each with its own creative team and 2 special one shot issues in some order to get to #99, then #100 a big jam issue, and then a new #1 with Bendis taking over at that point, probably in conjunction with whatever publishing initiative they have in mind to succeed Rebirth, so possibly a line wide renumbering again.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think so. It was the editor that decided to have King and Seeley work together after the two of them pitched to separate editors. That was a stroke of genius, or at least it panned out better than could have been dreamed.

I was under the impression King and Seeley only left Grayson to start working on their rebirth stories.
    No it was the editor who came after Seeley and King who got pushed out

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I would rather they went back to the original numbering. So #86 would be #851 I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    If they're going to reboot the numbering, I move to resume the classic numbering at # 714 from the original series that ended with the New 52 reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    That's not what they did with Action or Detective though. They started as if those issues were part of the run. Plus Batman Vol. 3 #35 had the #800 variant cover by Tony Daniels.
    Okay. Here's what we've got.

Last issue prior to New52.

The New52 run had 52 regular-number issues, but the total can be 57 issues when you include issue #0 and the four villains issues (#23.1-23.4)

After that, we have had 71 issues so far (as of May 2019) of the Rebirth (not counting the Batman: Rebirth one-shot that was released just before Batman #1 of the Rebirth run).

And, as mentioned, the variant cover to issue #35 of the current run celebrated 800 issues.

So, issue #85 (King's last) would be the equivalent of issue #850, and #86 would be the equivalent of #851.

But, logically, wouldn't it be better to go from #86-#100, and then you could renumber with issue #866 after that?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Okay. Here's what we've got.

Last issue prior to New52.

The New52 run had 52 regular-number issues, but the total can be 57 issues when you include issue #0 and the four villains issues (#23.1-23.4)

After that, we have had 71 issues so far (as of May 2019) of the Rebirth (not counting the Batman: Rebirth one-shot that was released just before Batman #1 of the Rebirth run).

And, as mentioned, the variant cover to issue #35 of the current run celebrated 800 issues.

So, issue #85 (King's last) would be the equivalent of issue #850, and #86 would be the equivalent of #851.

But, logically, wouldn't it be better to go from #86-#100, and then you could renumber with issue #866 after that?
    Depends on what they are doing with issues between #86 and #100, but I'd be happy to just have them return to the original numbering either way honestly.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Bendis to the Batman line is inevitable, and giving him more than a full year to wrap up his Superman run while Batman treads water from #86-100 seems very, very likely to me. I would imagine they'll hit #100, then relaunch Bendis' first issue with a #1.

I kind of assume that's the whole reason for Batman going monthly after King is done -- giving Bendis more time.

In all honesty though, I could care less about what number they put on the cover. It's irrelevant. It's trade dress, nothing more and has nothing to do with the quality of the comic and is ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things, except when consumers buy based on the number or the variant image rather than the stories on the inside giving financial incentive to trade dress rather than quality storytelling . If more comic consumers bought comics based on what was between the covers than what was on the cover, we'd have better comics all around.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Bendis to the Batman line is inevitable, and giving him more than a full year to wrap up his Superman run while Batman treads water from #86-100 seems very, very likely to me. I would imagine they'll hit #100, then relaunch Bendis' first issue with a #1.

I kind of assume that's the whole reason for Batman going monthly after King is done -- giving Bendis more time.
    Oh joy. Mediocrity from Bendis spreading to the Bat Books? Hard pass. I already can't stand his Super line, him taking over the Batman line, ugh. We go from King's nearly mute Batman to Bendis' Batman talking in circles for pages on end without actually saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    . . . I kind of assume that's the whole reason for Batman going monthly after King is done -- giving Bendis more time.
    It's not just Batman.

All of DC's currently twice-a-month titles are supposedly going back to monthly schedules in 2020.

All at this point is just Batman, Detective, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Justice League. Everything else already went back to monthly.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They have "original" numbering with Detective Comics. To just suddenly redo Batman's numbering after issue #85 would also seem silly when they could wait until after issue #100 before considering such a move. (And, really, if they do that for Batman, they would really need to do it for Superman and for Wonder Woman at the same time.)
    I like this. If #85 is 850, start the old numbering here.