Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Thanos: The Infinity Revelation

The Mad Titan embarks on a new journey next Wednesday in Thanos: The Infinity Revelation OGN, the all-new Marvel OGN from comics legend Jim Starlin! But first, Marvel is proud to present a new lettered preview of the newest entry in Marvel's all new Original Graphic Novel line. Featuring the world's most popular characters brought to life by the best creators, Marvel's new OGNs debut in a high-end, oversized format featuring sophisticated packaging and design. Witness as master storyteller Jim Starlin (The Infinity Gauntlet, Captain Marvel) returns to the cosmic arena for a new story featuring his most famous creation Thanos! With his once sworn enemy Adam Warlock at his side, he'll cross paths with the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Silver Surfer, the Badoon, the Annihilators and ultimately, Death herself!

As Thanos and Warlock square off against some of the most powerful beings in the universe, but to what ends? And when the dust settles, what will remain? Prepare for an epic tale of death and rebirth that will leave the Titan changed in Thanos: The Infinity Revealation OGN - on sale in comic shops and book stores everywhere next Wednesday, August 6th!

Full article here.

So is that mean Starlin made Bendis' Avengers Assemble canon!? Or is he referred another event that I forgot about!?
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 08-01-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

Interesting big mob scene. Little seen people like Stingray and Daimon Hellstrom. New-ish characters like Teen Angel. Spider-Man with web-pits? (Very old look, there.) Bearded Thor. Villains like Kang, Abomination, Super-Skrull and Juggernaut and perhaps Modok? A mix of heavy-hitters you'd expect to face someone like Thanos (Black Bolt, Ikaris, Dr. Strange, Supreme Intelligence) and people that probably could have stayed home (Tigra, the Wasp, Man-Thing, is that the Fabulous Frog-Man, above the Silver Surfer? Yikes. What, was Flatman busy?)

And I see dead people! (Hercules, Genis-Vell, Karnak)

Is this canonical?
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

So excited for this. Really, no one can do Thanos better than Starlin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    So excited for this. Really, no one can do Thanos better than Starlin.
    Agreed, though I did like Keith Giffen's take.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Is this canonical?
    This is a Starlin penned Thanos story. Of course it's canonical! As for non-Starlin penned Thanos stories...

The writing just reeks of Starlin......and I LOVE IT!
    Currently Reading:

DC: Justice League, Multiversity, Batman

Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers

Finally, Thanos is reunited with his real daddy again.
    Bendis' and Arron's Thanos stank and Hickman's Thanos was only decent.

This will be Epic!! It sure is nice to see new Starlin artwork and to see Warlock!
    Read Hyperactive Comics on comicfury, The Duck web comics and Tapastic!!

Fantastic Member

I like Thanos (though I am getting a bit tired of him) and Warlock and Starlin's take on them. I'm not crazy about how Starlin writes anyone else, however, especially the Silver Surfer. Starlin is so determined to make Thanos the biggest kid on the block that he ends up undermining other characters, especially the Surfer.

Loving IT!
    SO looking forward to this.

Thanos AND Adam frikin' Warlock are back!

Hmm, so these sudden costume changes we've been seeing is affecting Adam as well.
    Drax was seen phasing back and forth between old school Drax and GotG Drax in earlier previews.
    Now Adam is phasing from his GotG gear to a semi-similar design we haven't seen before also.

It's a sign of the mystery here, lot's of time bending and realities miss-haps I'm sure.
    Cooooooool stuff, man.
    Can't wait!

so glad that Adam Warlock is back.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

So it shit before Hickman's 'Infinity' or after?

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    So is that mean Starlin made Bendis' Avengers Assemble canon!? Or is he referred another event that I forgot about!?
    It might be referring to the Badoon attack in the opening of Bendis Guardians of the Galaxy.