Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    -_- Like Barry Allen being The Speed Force Engine? I believe that little choice tidbit still smells up the books or at least is considered in current continuity.
    I don't believe so. Hitch is the only one who used it and Hitch's JL is, rightfully, treated like a terrible fever dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does kind of sound like something the Negative Speed Force would be capable of but I'm pretty sure only Thawne has access to it.
    Part of Meena's deal is now she uses the negative speed force.

BANNED

the worst part is barry failing to detect even traces of speed force energy on the corpses or at the crime scene. such a unprecedented upheaval occurs in the speed force and he doesn't sense it and such a burst of energy won't dissipate soon as a Wally who has lost control bleeding speed energy is making holes in reality and disrupting fabric of reality scenario given how totally he has identified with it. actually there shouldn't have been any corpses for them to autopsy as they would all have been disintegrated due to the excessive kinetic energy imparted to each of their body molecules.

To be fair the Speed Force is rather fluid and mysterious. Which at the same time leaves them with an easy out.

BANNED

just more cop outs and halfassed winging it writing.

While that might be true. Still this is not the first time we have seen the Speed Force do something, or someone do something with the Speed Force, we have previously never seen before and didn't even know could be done.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I don't give a rat's arse on what Tom King thinks about Wally West.
    The godawful series he just unleashed upon the world showed he has NO FUCKING IDEA on what makes Wally West tick.
    If he did, he would NEVER have agreed to use the character as the murderer in his logic defying whodunnit.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The godawful series he just unleashed upon the world showed he has NO FUCKING IDEA on what makes Wally West tick.
    If he did, he would NEVER have agreed to use the character as the murderer in his logic defying whodunnit.
    I take it, you didn't like it? SERIOUSLY I will buy anything DC, this......Not a chance. Hope they don't print too many trades LMAO. Mind you, could resell as doorsteps.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    I take it, you didn't like it? SERIOUSLY I will buy anything DC, this......Not a chance. Hope they don't print too many trades LMAO. Mind you, could resell as doorsteps.
    Too easy to go slip-sliding away as doorsteps this being a slippery bugger. I'd go with the traditional bird cage liner. That is, if you don't think it might traumatize the birds:

"I don't know doctor. Crackers was doing just fine until I changed the cage liner....then suddenly he developed this nervous tick, screeching This Is Bullshit! like he was being murdered, and vomiting."
    "New bird cage liner?"
    "Copies of HIC my local comic store practically begged me to take off his hands."
    ".... I'm calling the Humane Society. There are laws against animal abuse, buddy."
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Mighty Member

I've noticed King has been silent about Heroes in Crisis since Issue 9 was released. I guess he knows it's not worth continuing to try and justify it.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I've noticed King has been silent about Heroes in Crisis since Issue 9 was released. I guess he knows it's not worth continuing to try and justify it.
    I think it also has to do with the rumors about him on Batman.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-01-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    They timed that New Gods writing gig correctly to let him focus on that instead of that. Very good timing on that PR.

Heroes in Crisis doesn't make the best case for his Wally West fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Wally is a murderer now?

Thank goodness I read my comics nowadays years in arrears..easy to just avoid crap like that.

I think if I made a list of super hero comic happenings I least wanted to read Clarke beating up Lois would be number 1 on “avoid list”, but certainly “Wally West murderer” would be in top ten.

I suppose given time Geoff Johns will write a “genius” story telling us it was not Wally’s fault..he was possessed by a speed demon, or an evil clone done it. Another story I won’t be buying....

Astonishing Member

He's not a murderer, per se. He's a mass manslaughterer. Or maybe negligent homicidist. One or the other depending on how you take his inner monologue there.

The illegal stuff he commited was severe invasion of privacy, highly illegal and sketchy release of personal and medical health information, mutilation of corpses, two frameups, fleeing the crime, and misuse of time travel though that last one isn't technically illegal. It's just awful.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    He's not a murderer, per se. He's a mass manslaughterer. Or maybe negligent homicidist. One or the other depending on how you take his inner monologue there.

The illegal stuff he commited was severe invasion of privacy, highly illegal and sketchy release of personal and medical health information, mutilation of corpses, two frameups, fleeing the crime, and misuse of time travel though that last one isn't technically illegal. It's just awful.
    Do the Linear Men still exist in the DCU? I think they'd consider time travel shenanigans illegal. . .

You missed some obvious cyber crimes, obstruction of justice, and one could probably make an argument for kidnapping and assault for the manner in which he convinced Harley and Booster of each other's culpability. You know, normal hero stuff
    Blue text denotes sarcasm