Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Why can’t he just turn himself in and serve his time, and then actually work towards being a better person because of all the remorse he feels from what he did and actually have some good character growth going forward instead of chickening out and retconning it and removing any chance at possibly some good stories in the future?
    Because he is LITERALLY A WALKING HAZARD TO LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    King can say he loves Wally West till the cows come home but this series proves that he doesn't really know who Wally West is. I don't know who's been fucked over the hardest since Didio took over. Wally or Dick. Both of them have been put into positions where they're no longer allowed to be themselves. Both of them have had everything fans love about them unnecessarily stripped away. But whose situation is worse?
    Didn't help the whole trauma forcing him into sanctuary instead of reuniting him with his family. Not helped by nothing about wally's story since flash war made sense. Its just been mess that writers had no clue about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    He really hates legacy characters huh
    He really hates the teen titans especially

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Then let's hope Wally gets his own stupid space bug down the line too and everything will be forgiven. Maybe it will not completely wash away the stain like it didn't with Hal since it still gives people the opportunity to vilify and demonize him 25 years after the fact, but it would be a start. And likely won't take a decade for Wally to be absolved.
    I still there is out with mask from psycho pirate. Wally believes he did it and really revealed later it was someone else.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 05-28-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Why in the world would you, after all these years, expect anything good for Wally? I'd imagine it will take longer because there is no clamor or hurry to make Wally the one true Flash again like there was Hal. Most people are ambivalent about Wally in the gutter.
    It's not that I expect Wally to get the full Green Lantern: Rebirth treatment, it's more about how companies never tend to stick with it after a prominent character turns heel.

Astonishing Member

It's not that I expect Wally to get the full Green Lantern: Rebirth treatment, it's more about how companies never tend to stick with it after a prominent character turns heel.
    Wally is not a prominent character to them. He hasn't had a book in 10 years. You should never, ever, ever expect something good for Wally in any long term sense. The best we've gotten is a single great comic and then immediate disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally is not a prominent character to them. He hasn't had a book in 10 years.
    He was the main Flash for quarter of a century. It should account for something. Whatever happens, I think that rumored 2020 Wally West book would be interesting.

He was the main Flash for quarter of a century. It should account for something. Whatever happens, I think that rumored 2020 Wally West book would be interesting.
    For many people who read comics and watched Justice League cartoon of last 20 years he was their flash. Just to ignore a major part of your fan base because you have love affair with a character that no where near popular hurts your business.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

It does.

It accounts for him having an unprecedented ill will from an editorial that wishes that people just forgot that.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    For many people who read comics and watched Justice League cartoon of last 20 years he was their flash. Just to ignore a major part of your fan base because you have love affair with a character that no where near popular hurts your business.
    No need to turn this into another Wally vs Barry debacle, I just wanted to point out that he's going to get his redemption story like every other hero does. Wonder who's going to write the Wally book. Is there a current DC writer who has talked about wanting to write the character in a solo title.

No need to turn this into another Wally vs Barry debacle, I just wanted to point out that he's going to get his redemption story like every other hero does. Wonder who's going to write the Wally book. Is there a current DC writer who has talked about wanting to write the character in a solo title.
    I just do not see the editorial that approved HiC's treatment of Wally also approving a redemption story for him.

At least a redemption story that people would want to read.

I know Williamson would probably want to write it but I doubt he'll get to touch Wally ever again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just do not see the editorial that approved HiC's treatment of Wally also approving a redemption story for him.

At least a redemption story that people would want to read.

I know Williamson would probably want to write it but I doubt he'll get to touch Wally ever again.
    He will never get to touch Wally again until Didio is forced into a bad situation like in 2015

BANNED

well the only thing that could save wally is if zolomon turns out to be behind all this somewhere down the road as he can play sinestros role in gl: rebirth and turn out to be behind having mutated the speed force inside Wally to become lethal after the race or something and morever it has been his agenda right from the beginning to make wally a better hero by first tearing him down so that he could get up and become a stronger hero due to going through tragedy.

the "rodent" can play the same role of the parallax bug in being behind everything and turning Wally into a suicidal depressive loon. in fact since he was shown to be involved in causing the flash war which led to Wally's current situation it isn't so improbable for him to be the cause of Wally's fall from grace.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 05-28-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Seeing Wally crying on the thought of committing suicide is something I did not nor want to see and I wish I could unsee it now
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

The DCU has never been good overall since Identity Crisis and Didio's reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    The DCU has never been good overall since Identity Crisis and Didio's reign.
    DC Comics been in a Great Dark Age since the moment Sue Dibney was murdered. There been good stuff but in terms of style and overall direction its been way to dark. I think been one the reasons dc been in trouble. In ways trying to be to much like Marvel and coming off like Marvel lite. I got nothing against darker or edgier stuff but there has to be right balance.

Astonishing Member

Wally is getting a redemption book, just like Legion, JSA, etc. This is the "new" DCU here, plans change on a whim. Someone higher up could decide fan reaction was so critical, they don't think a Wally book would sell and the character is toxic and the best move is to shelve him until someone decides to bring him back 20 years from now.