Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Thanos (MCU) vs. Doomsday (DCEU)

Movie versions. Arena.

Thanos gets his sword and armor. No IG.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Thanos easily. He's stronger, faster, and has a sword that'll slice Doomy up just fine thanks.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thanos easily. He's stronger, faster, and has a sword that'll slice Doomy up just fine thanks.
    I really don't see how he's stronger and pretty sure he's not faster. I'm giving the win to one who can survive a nuclear missile.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

gonna give it to big T, for the reasons above.

I really would like to see Thanos punch Doomsday in the throat.

P.S. it just dawned upon me just how tough and durable Thanos' armor is. Thanos is plenty tough on its own, so his armor has to be even moreso, but that whole exchange with the Hulk is probably the highlight -- no signs of warping or denting when unstoppable fist meets invulnerable face, for example (with Thanos either as the puncher or the punchee).

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Thanos cuts off Doomsday's head than punts it out of the arena like it's a football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Movie versions. Arena.

Thanos gets his sword and armor. No IG.
    I tend to go with the guy that shrugged off Superman, WW and a nuke. But the consensus is clearly that Thanos's feats beat that.
    Power with Girl is better.

Doomsday also has that energy pulse of his to knock Thanos on his ass momentarily but I'm iffy on who wins. Thanos is more skilled, and his sword will wound Doomsday but Doomsday can Regen and has powerful Heat Vision to keep Thanos back for a bit.

People forget that Doomsday absorbs energy, be it from bombs or Superman's punches. Superman and Wonder Woman made him stronger just by fighting him. When you couple that with a creature that is durable enough to survive a point-blank nuclear explosion, possesses an adaptive healing factor, and wields a powerful long-range projectile? Yeah, I'm having a hard time giving Thanos the advantage here. Moreover, Doomsday is demonstrably stronger than characters who knocked Thanos's Double-Edged Sword out of his hands. Thanos might go for the head (heh), and he might cut off a limb or two. But Doomsday can risk all that and emerge no worse than wear.

I'm leaning towards Doomsday.

Don't forget wean DD lost a hand in the movie he he just got more dangerous.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Regarding Doomsday's energy blast, remember that Thanos was able to block a Thor-Amped Repulsor blast by spinning his "sword" in a way that I'm convinced was a reference to the Thanoscopter.thanoscopter_by_joltzen_dd64ubq-pre.jpg
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-28-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Doomsday has no feats that it can survive beheading, and WW proved that you can chop him up fine, with a sword that has markedly less feats than a sword that chops up vibranium, thanks. (really, with that feat, and this board's marked tendency towards speedblitz, Wonder Woman can kill Doomsday easily)

As mentioned, Thanos cuts his head off and uses it as a football.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Doomsday has no feats that it can survive beheading, and WW proved that you can chop him up fine, with a sword that has markedly less feats than a sword that chops up vibranium, thanks. (really, with that feat, and this board's marked tendency towards speedblitz, Wonder Woman can kill Doomsday easily)

As mentioned, Thanos cuts his head off and uses it as a football.
    That's great. I'm ready to change my mind if you can somehow prove that MCU vibranium is durable enough to withstand a nuclear explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    That's great. I'm ready to change my mind if you can somehow prove that MCU vibranium is durable enough to withstand a nuclear explosion.
    So ignoring everything else, all we know is that Doomsday recovered from the nuke; and I doubt you'd argue that he did so thanks to his regen. What we also know, is that he was out of the fight for a short time; and he was dismembered just fine by Wonder Woman using a sword that is far weaker feats wise, than Thanos'.

So let's come down off this hill. It's not one you want to die on.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So ignoring everything else, all we know is that Doomsday recovered from the nuke; and I doubt you'd argue that he did so thanks to his regen. What we also know, is that he was out of the fight for a short time; and he was dismembered just fine by Wonder Woman using a sword that is far weaker feats wise, than Thanos'.
    Doomsday did more than just recover from a nuke, he survived. It's a durability feat. If you're suggesting vibranium is more durable than Doomsday, and you'd have to be if you think Thanos' sword will be hacking Doomsday apart, then please, by all means, prove vibranium is durable enough to withstand a nuclear explosion.