Default Achilles vs Aragorn, Boromir and Gimli

Brad Pitt's Achilles takes on movie Aragorn, Boromir and Gimli.

I'd have used Legolas but honestly the elf would stand a chance solo.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

If this were Aragorn, Boromir and Gimli from the books, I might see it, but in their movie guises, Achilles is still just waaaaaay to quick and strong for them. They have no real chance of hitting him. They don't even carry shields to hope to block his shots. They die.

Of course, if this were book versions of BOTH, then the LOTR guys REALLY don't want to be anywhere near the man-killer.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Eh, I think book versions of the LOTR folks can take the orignal Achilles. Their own feats are basically impossible by human standards as well. And Brad Pitt Achilles can't really deal with someone like Boromir, who probably just has straight up better stats...and feats: Achilles never routed entire hordes of fully armed and armored enemies by himself and clearly couldn't get turned into a human arrowcushion and keep fighting.

Of course, if you literally meant the book version of Brad Pitt Achilles vs book LOTR characters, then any LOTR character can solo, since he doesn't exist. :P

Regarding the actual movie fight, the movie characters are still kind of inhuman in terms of sheer stats, they dodge arrows, fall off cliffs without any real injury, can actually band together to throw a cave troll off balance. Achilles can win, but it's definitely not going to be all that easy.

While thinking about the movie fight, it just occurred to me that Boromir did not die in the movie Troy. I didn't even realize it was Sean Bean cuz he didn't die.

Also, Legolas killed Achilles. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Eh, I think book versions of the LOTR folks can take the orignal Achilles. Their own feats are basically impossible by human standards as well. And Brad Pitt Achilles can't really deal with someone like Boromir, who probably just has straight up better stats...and feats: Achilles never routed entire hordes of fully armed and armored enemies by himself and clearly couldn't get turned into a human arrowcushion and keep fighting.
    Neither did Boromir? He killed twenty-ish orcs, died and they continued on.

It's crazy and probably the best solo feat of anyone in the Fellowship not named Gandalf, but he didn't rout a horde. It also doesn't really speak of better stats than movie Achilles, damage soak aside.

Also no, the LotR party can't take Iliad Achilles, who in fact did rout armies by his lonesome. He slaughtered the Trojan frontline by himself and filled a river with corpses to the point it overflowed*, and the only thing he had to show for it was a scratch that a guy gave him by sheer luck; the reason the gods started interfering more when he stepped in is because Zeus predicted that his rage would overcome fate and he would cause Troy to be taken in one night.

*: The river then kicked his ass, but hey.
    Last edited by Siriel; 05-29-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Neither did Boromir? He killed twenty-ish orcs, died and they continued on.

It's crazy and probably the best solo feat of anyone in the Fellowship not named Gandalf, but he didn't rout a horde. It also doesn't really speak of better stats than Achilles, damage soak aside.
    You're probably thinking of a different set of orcs. He actually does drive off a horde of orcs by killing "many of them" and force them to flee before the Uruk Hai even show up.

"Then Boromir had come leaping through the trees. He had made them fight. He slew many of them and the rest fled. But they had not gone far on the way back when they were attacked again, by a hundred Orcs at least, some of them very large, and they shot a rain of arrows: always at Boromir. Boromir had blown his great horn till the woods rang, and at first the Orcs had been dismayed and had drawn back; but when no answer but the echoes came, they had attacked more fiercely than ever. Pippin did not remember much more. His last memory was of Boromir leaning against a tree, plucking out an arrow; then darkness fell suddenly."

The "at least twenty" orcs lying around him were after this, where the orcs basically couldn't kill off the guy even after feathering him with arrows. They practically went "no way in hell can we kill this guy, arrows do nothing and getting close to him is suicide" and fled with Merry and Pippin. They might have left a few orcs behind to try and finish him off, but if so, they either died or decided to leg it as well, because when Aragorn shows up, there are no orcs left alive, while Boromir was still capable of having a brief conversation.

Now, I personally don't see Troy Achilles, amazing as he is, pulling this off.

Also no, the LotR party can't take Iliad Achilles, who in fact did rout armies by his lonesome. He slaughtered the Trojan frontline by himself and filled a river with corpses to the point it overflowed*, and the only thing he had to show for it was a scratch that a guy gave him by sheer luck; the reason the gods started interfering more when he stepped in is because Zeus predicted that his rage would overcome fate and he would cause Troy to be taken in one night.

*: The river then kicked his ass, but hey.
    I was thinking that all three blatantly superhuman characters going at him would be hard, even for him, but good point.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 05-29-2019 at 01:11 PM.

I think the River God was upset at Iliad Achilles for killing so many people and either blocking the river with their bodies or causing the river to be red with blood. The LotR folks would have to consist of elder elves to contend with Iliad Achilles.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Because it's actually on subject...one of my favourite Kate Beaton comics.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Brad Pitt's Achilles takes on movie Aragorn, Boromir and Gimli.

I'd have used Legolas but honestly the elf would stand a chance solo.
    Stand a chance. He stomps if he has a bow.