Spectacular Member angelusdelioncourt's Avatar

Lightbulb MCU: Professor Hulk VS Drax and Adult Groot

This Hulk seems to be weaker than the regular one anyway

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelusdelioncourt View Post
    This Hulk seems to be weaker than the regular one anyway
    This Hulk doesn't really have any clean strength feats that I can think of, besides being able to shove around cars in a half-hearted attempt to hide his identity, and being able to barely support an unknown amount of weight with one arm almost immediately after mutilating his other arm (possibly permanently) with the Infinity Gauntlet in a way that didn't make him mad. Giant Man was able to easily shove it aside, but he wasn't mangled and then proceeded to one shot a Space Whale (arguably in an even more impressive manner than Savage Hulk did), as well as accidentally kill Cull Obsidian, so it might just be that Giant Man is able to temporarily become stronger than Hulk.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-29-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Maaaybe Drax gets a few good stabs in if Groot can briefly restrain the guy, but Prof still probably takes the majority.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I don't think we can say that Prof is weaker than Stupid.

Bruce outright claims that he's not - all of the brawn and all of the brains he says.

And nothing we see really disproves that. He has all of two strength feats in the film: the lazy, half-hearted smashing in which he's clearly not maxing or anything, and the holding-up-a-building thing, which is with one arm and which is right after he nearly dies.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't think we can say that Prof is weaker than Stupid.

Bruce outright claims that he's not - all of the brawn and all of the brains he says.

And nothing we see really disproves that. He has all of two strength feats in the film: the lazy, half-hearted smashing in which he's clearly not maxing or anything, and the holding-up-a-building thing, which is with one arm and which is right after he nearly dies.
    He just doesn't seem as strong as before and is smaller so ya I'm going with him being weaker.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He just doesn't seem as strong as before and is smaller so ya I'm going with him being weaker.
    You know, Superman is a lot smaller than Hulk. I think I'm going to say that he's weaker too.

That's not how we roll around here and you should know that. Prof Hulk says he's as strong, and there is no feat at all showing differently. Assuming he's weaker simply because he doesn't go around SMASHING everything for no reason is silly. We KNOW that Thanos is stronger than Stupid Hulk by what we see on screen. But, you know, he's not built quite as heavily, AND he doesn't smash everything he sees. Do you guess that makes him weaker?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

You know, Superman is a lot smaller than Hulk. I think I'm going to say that he's weaker too.

That's not how we roll around here and you should know that. Prof Hulk says he's as strong, and there is no feat at all showing differently. Assuming he's weaker simply because he doesn't go around SMASHING everything for no reason is silly. We KNOW that Thanos is stronger than Stupid Hulk by what we see on screen. But, you know, he's not built quite as heavily, AND he doesn't smash everything he sees. Do you guess that makes him weaker?
    I don't think Prof is waaay weaker or anything. But the dudes strength is elastic. Wanda enraged Hulk was like 30% bigger than normal Hulk.

My point being, Prof Hulk generally being a taco making celebrity with a cheerful disposition might have led to some expected slack in the strength department.

Again, not to say he's way below what we've seen. Just that he probably couldn't beat Thor in an armwrestle round 1 either.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Hulk and super man have different power sets hulk ganes mass gets bigger/stronger the angry her gets.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Prof Hulk’s holding up an entire building with one arm shortly after nearly killing himself using the SG feat is still above and beyond anything movie Drax has ever done.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Prof Hulk’s holding up an entire building with one arm shortly after nearly killing himself using the SG feat is still above and beyond anything movie Drax has ever done.
    We actually don't know what percentage of the building that Hulk is holding up (since that's dependent largely on how the building landed), only that he's the only thing keeping it from crushing Rocket and Rhodey any further.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    We actually don't know what percentage of the building that Hulk is holding up (since that's dependent largely on how the building landed), only that he's the only thing keeping it from crushing Rocket and Rhodey any further.
    We don’t know an exact amount but we know enough to establish he’s still stronger than Drax & Groot by a fairly sizable margin. Perhaps I’m mistaken but neither guardian has any notable strength feats that really compare to Prof’s Hulk.

BANNED

I am Groot
    make what you want off it.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I am Groot
    make what you want off it.
    Whoa! Language! Such potty mouth!

Heehee

Anyway, I agree that even though MCU Prof Hulk is smaller, it doesn't mean he's weaker than MCU Savage. We don't have enough feats to say otherwise.
    Even though Drax is reeeaaallly durable, his durability isn't greater than Bruce's, and Bruce can hurt him. I think unless Groot goes for Hulk's innards or brain via nostrils or -- some other orifice -- ewwww -- then Hulk can rip him apart quick enough for a 10 count.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I'd say that Professor Hulk isn't weaker than regualr Hulk, he's just not as likely to get as stronger as regular Hulk. The madder Hulk gets the stronger Hulk gets. As the professor keeps his cool and doesn't fly into savage rages, he would stay at about normal Hulk starting level, which is pretty darned impressive as it is.