Incredible Member

Default Composite Godzilla Atomic Breath vs Goku's most powerful Kamehameha

Which would come out on top?

More than likely Goku's still.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Goku, easily.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

A composite Godzilla is nothing to sneeze at until you get to the higher levels of the Dragon Ball stories. Atomic breath shoots black holes out of the sky and hits targets in outer space. Quite a bit of damage soak up through repeated nukes. An early Goku, before the Frieza saga and SS1 might have trouble. After all spiral beam cannon went right through him. I opine that once we get to the Frieze saga levels, Goku is probably going to be able to take what even a composite dishes out. Haven't seen Godzilla pull out a planet buster and Goku survives that level of power.

As far as offense, since we use the best current Goku - an ultra instinct Kamehameha would probably toast even nuke surviving Godzillas.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Goku's top end is apparently "reasonable threat to the local universe,"

So yeah... that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Goku's top end is apparently "reasonable threat to the local universe,"

So yeah... that?
    It gets a little fuzzy admittedly when Godzilla hits "fabric of the spacetime continuum" levels with his breath.

Still though, that's about the extent of the fuzziness, I imagine. Goku in a stomp (pun maaaayyyyybe intended?).

I guess Godzilla Earth did, in fact, blow up 3 singularities in his fight with Ghidorah. If you take that at face value, it's pretty durn impressive.

Of course, Goku was threatening all of existence like 3 distinct power ups ago. Or 4. Or 5. So still him. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    A composite Godzilla is nothing to sneeze at until you get to the higher levels of the Dragon Ball stories. Atomic breath shoots black holes out of the sky and hits targets in outer space. Quite a bit of damage soak up through repeated nukes. An early Goku, before the Frieza saga and SS1 might have trouble. After all spiral beam cannon went right through him. I opine that once we get to the Frieze saga levels, Goku is probably going to be able to take what even a composite dishes out. Haven't seen Godzilla pull out a planet buster and Goku survives that level of power.

As far as offense, since we use the best current Goku - an ultra instinct Kamehameha would probably toast even nuke surviving Godzillas.
    People much weaker than Saiyajin Saga Goku blew up the moon with varying levels of ease, so unless those singularities head some rather decent feats, I don't really see anything Godzilla bringing to the table being worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    People much weaker than Saiyajin Saga Goku blew up the moon with varying levels of ease, so unless those singularities head some rather decent feats, I don't really see anything Godzilla bringing to the table being worth mentioning.
    They are referred to as black holes / singularities. They (and Ghidorah himself) warped time and space.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    They are referred to as black holes / singularities. They (and Ghidorah himself) warped time and space.
    Yeah, but fictional "black holes" have a massive range of feats depending on the writer, and only extremely rarely actually resemble anything even kind of like what actual black holes seem to behave as, so its better to go by the specifics of the feat in question before handwaving say, Batman durability approaching that of a Herald of Galactus just because they both have survived within the area of effect of a "black hole"/"singularity" without any serious damage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Yeah, but fictional "black holes" have a massive range of feats depending on the writer, and only extremely rarely actually resemble anything even kind of like what actual black holes seem to behave as, so its better to go by the specifics of the feat in question before handwaving say, Batman durability approaching that of a Herald of Galactus just because they both have survived within the area of effect of a "black hole"/"singularity" without any serious damage.
    On screen, they dilate and distort space/time and pull in all light around them.

The show put heavy emphasis on scientific explanations of happenings and referred to the events as singularities/black holes.

It's good enough for me personally. Scale was the only issue.

Like... it was way more like a proper black hole then say whatever happened to the Kryptonian ship in Man of Steel or the "pretty black hole" from DBS. Even the singularity you are referring to in regards to Batman had narrative and visual evidence as to why you SHOULDNT consider it as a normal singularity. It was called a micro black hole and had a still barely active containment field and so on.
    - big_adventure

There are a couple good feats for the Heisei Godzilla. After a few powerups, it was said that he could release an energy pulse capable of destroying the planet, and it destroyed the an asteroid heading for Earth. Problem with the former is that that there are no feats of such energy being focused into an Atomic Breath, and the problem with the latter is that it wasn't the size of the moon.

Going back to the pulse, the anime Godzilla (the one with the black hole feat mentioned above), his body was so radioactive that he affected the ecological evolution of the planet over the course of 10,000 years, so we're talking about a considerable amount of radiation going into the black hole feat.

Most any other fiction, Composite Godzilla would wreck shop with just his breath, but still up against Dragon Ball, we're still looking at way early feats. While Dragon Ball may be lacking in radiation examples, their sheer brute force still trumps the more esoteric nature of Godzilla's breath.

Godzilla still does it cooler.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan