Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    All alive in their physical primes.

One on one matches, no scripts, actual competition.

Standard Square Circle, no prep for anyone.

Who makes the final four?

And can anyone, anywhere, anywhen, beat Andre The Giant in his prime?
    Final Four? Lesnar, Sammartino, Shamrock and Angle.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    If your talking legitimate fighter like a straight shoot? Your talking about Harley Race,Haku,Rick Rude,Danny Hodge,Ken Shamrock,Dan Severen,this is no particular order. Those are just the ones i know that have fought and were known not to be messed with.
    Oh true that. Danny Hodge. Another mostly forgotten name like Lou Thesz but someone who could catch most pro wrestlers in a leverage pin before they knew what happened.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Bruno was really strong. In his time, it was often left to the wrestlers to decide who would win. Once he got past his earliest jobber era, he admitted that he had a huge undefeated streak because he wanted to build a rep and so he told all his opponents that he would lose if they could beat him for real. Huge undefeated streak followed.

Brock Lesnar with his MMA experience and Ken Shamrock are also serious competitors here.

Legitimate college wrestlers with gold medals at the Olympics- Kurt Angle- are in the running.

So far, he's been left out because he's so far back but Lou Thesz would be serious competition. One of the best wrestlers, he doesn't have to overpower someone with strength to get a quick leverage pin on someone who has no real (amateur) wrestling skills. In his time, he was a terror because he hated gimmick wrestlers and some of them wouldn't even get into the ring with him because he would just walk in and pin them regardless of what was supposed to happen.

You could also throw in people like Jim Londos from the days when some wrestling was real.

Honestly, people who are totally kayfabe like Hogan, Flair and even Andre are not going to compete against someone who has real wrestling or martial arts experience.

I suspect Lesnar would win due to size, mass, strength and MMA experience. Thesz was a far better wrestler but he's just too far out of his weight class. Bruno was the height of strength and power in the 1960s. But Lesnar was at the height of what strength and power was in the early 21st century. Mind you, I would prefer to believe Bruno would win but IO think it's Lesnar.
    did i also forget to mention that suzuki has a MMA record of 30-19 over a near 30 year career and has tapped out ken shamrock in his prime..........twice?

seriously, guys. do not sleep on suzuki.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    did i also forget to mention that suzuki has a MMA record of 30-19 over a near 30 year career and has tapped out ken shamrock in his prime..........twice?

seriously, guys. do not sleep on suzuki.
    You are probably right. I just had to go with the wrestlers I was familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    You are probably right. I just had to go with the wrestlers I was familiar with.
    not saying that suzuki would win. just don't sleep on him. he's like brock lesner but way more badass. dude founded one of the first MMA organizations in the world in the 90s and took on the best fighters of the era, including both of the shamrocks and bas rutten.

even now, suzuki is having world class matches against some of the best wrestlers in the world: aj, okada, shibata, naito, ishii, osprey, etc.

and he's 50! 50 years old and he's taking hits that could cripple half the dudes you can name, and he laughs them off.

suzuki in a slap duel with okada, aka "the greatest wrestler in the world".

and this was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I actually wouldn't like his chances against guys like Danny Hodge and Bob Backlund.
    I wasn’t actually being serious.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Brock Lenser is a legitimate professional fighter so.... him?
    Well he stomped Cena, who beat Brey Wyatt "the Eater of Worlds", meanwhile Mike Haggar beat Galactus "Eater of Worlds". And he did in a three vs. everyone Handicap match.

Also did Brock Lesnar ever face a Samurai Otaku dual wielding Katanas? Or a nine foot cop shooting him in the face with a gun? Cause Haggar calls those guys "mid bosses".
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!