Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Would a Marvel movieverse line of comics work?

Instead of keeping the festering remains of the Ultimate U on life support would it make more sense for Marvel to kill it and start up a line based more on their movie properites. Instead of changing the 616 to fit the movies they could just have a line that uses the movies continuity. Launch and Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, and Cap book. Minimal continuity and a much smaller U would make something like that very new reader friendly. Maybe have a quarterly book for things like Guardians, Ant Man, and Agents of SHIELD.

I really don't think it could support an entire line, although having some movie based one-shots or limited series could work. They might even be able to get away with some cross studio franchise crossovers, although I'm unsure of the legalities there.

I think it could work. I've enjoyed the Iron Man movie comics. I don't know how much new people it would bring in, but however many came would have a line they could jump right into and people who already buy comics could pick these up as they enjoy the movieverse as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

No. It's called the Marvel Cinematic Universe for a reason. I wouldn't like it if they tried to start a comic based on it.

Marvel make movie tie-in comics and they don't sell that great.
    We need better comics