Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Identity Crisis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Tim has a cold calculated mind and he is the only one to work with a fascist. Like Dick said in RR Tim can be detach his emotions in a manner that the others can that can lead to him doing things that others would never be able to. He isn't above using under hand methods to get a win [well at least old Tim ]

They all have a darkness in them.
    I find this difficult, because yes, but on the other hand if you look at the Young Justice, Teen Titans etc. Tim he was always the friendliest nicest Robin...
    But maybe alone without his friends its true...

When did he work with a fascist?

Is he though? They are all smart. Damian is smarter than Tim considering his age and that's Pre flashpoint Tim I'm talking about.

Current Tim isn't really smart he's more of the tech guy.
    No, I would still say that Tim is much smarter than Damian, also if you consider his age...
    I would also say that in the Future there might be only 2 humans on Earth who are smarter than he is: Luthor and Mr. Terrific...

BANNED

Damian is just insufferable when it comes to excelling at everything cuz he is the goddamned son of the goddamned Batman.

Extraordinary Member

Tim has a cold calculated mind and he is the only one to work with a fascist. Like Dick said in RR Tim can be detach his emotions in a manner that the others can that can lead to him doing things that others would never be able to. He isn't above using under hand methods to get a win [well at least old Tim ]

They all have a darkness in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I find this difficult, because yes, but on the other hand if you look at the Young Justice, Teen Titans etc. Tim he was always the friendliest nicest Robin...
    But maybe alone without his friends its true...

When did he work with a fascist?

No, I would still say that Tim is much smarter than Damian, also if you consider his age...
    I would also say that in the Future there might be only 2 humans on Earth who are smarter than he is: Luthor and Mr. Terrific...
    Tim worked with a fascist in Tec.

You say current Tim is smarter give me some examples of current Tim being smart then? or even 10/13 year old old Tim being as smart as Damian was at age 10 or 13?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Not sure what this has got to do with Tim being dark or all the boys having a darkness in them but see even Bruce sees that cold calculated mind of tim's. None of the boys or bruce would ever think of something as cold and underhand as poisoning a stronger opponent before a fight but old Tim did.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-29-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Not sure what this has got to do with Tim being dark or all the boys having a darkness in them but see even Bruce sees that cold calculated mind of tim's. None of the boys or bruce would ever think of something as cold and underhand as poisoning a stronger opponent before a fight but old Tim did.
    I think the point was; rather than the poor explanations we got from hic, that panel gives insight into how the Robins operate as vigilantes/heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think the point was; rather than the poor explanations we got from hic, that panel gives insight into how the Robins operate as vigilantes/heroes.
    I hate when the boys are described like that. The Smart one, the funny one, the rebellious one. It doesn't do them justice. I can't stand that trope.

All the robins are smart they can be rebellious and funny.

Plus I doubt they would describe themselves as such.

I hate when the boys are described like that. The Smart one, the funny one, the rebellious one. It doesn't do them justice. I can't stand that trope.

All the robins are smart they can be rebellious and funny.

Plus I doubt they would describe themselves as such.
    HiC literally did that. And I only know because of other people posting the images (dropped it after the first issue). The panel with Bruce there though, at least only describes them when it comes to the hero life. Not attempting the full character description in bare few words.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

It's just a shallow attempt at meta-textualization. All any of these panels were good for was some tongue-in-cheek "in a nutshell" fluff that ultimately felt meaningless.

And King is for some reason a huge fan of compartmentalizing the Robins. Apparently to the point of them waxing their insecurities about it, even though all it amounted to was a punchline. We're talking about hardened young men who have all seen and suffered terrible things, yet they're worried about whether or not they're the "cool" Robin or whatever? Give me a break.

Mighty Member

Tim worked with a fascist in Tec.

You say current Tim is smarter give me some examples of current Tim being smart then? or even 10/13 year old old Tim being as smart as Damian was at age 10 or 13?
    Tim Drake found out that Batman is Bruce Wayne and that Robin is Dick as he was 9 YEARS OLD...

And if you want examples of Tim smart, look at the Batman of Titans of Tomorrow Tim, who is an older Version of Tim who learned Kryptonian, build weapons which can put Superman down like the red Kryptonite Cell etc. etc.

BANNED

here is another panel where Batman assesses the 3 robins in hush

he evaluates Tim as having the potential to become the world's greatest detective.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    here is another panel where Batman assesses the 3 robins in hush

he evaluates Tim as having the potential to become the world's greatest detective.
    Detective skills and smart aren't the same[e.g Bruce is the DCU's greatest detective he most definitely isn't DC's smartest character]. In Batman Beyond Bruce said that Damian was the best he had ever seen. Better than even him in his prime.

Tim is a great detective I hesitate to say that he he is best when we have Dick Grayson.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-31-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Tim Drake found out that Batman is Bruce Wayne and that Robin is Dick as he was 9 YEARS OLD...

And if you want examples of Tim smart, look at the Batman of Titans of Tomorrow Tim, who is an older Version of Tim who learned Kryptonian, build weapons which can put Superman down like the red Kryptonite Cell etc. etc.
    That wasn't smarts that was having eyes, and remembering a move only one person can perform. 10 year old Damian built a flying car.

The smartest batkids are Babs, then Duke[I'm sure he's supposed to be a genius] then Damian.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-31-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Detective skills and smart aren't the same[e.g Bruce is the DCU's greatest detective he most definitely isn't DC's smartest character]. In Batman Beyond Bruce said that Damian was the best he had ever seen. Better than even him in his prime.

Tim is a great detective I hesitate to say that he he is best when we have Dick Grayson.
    Batman Beyond is an elseworld, not really the best stories to pick when comparing characters.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Batman Beyond is an elseworld, not really the best stories to pick when comparing characters.
    And this version of Tim doesn't exist anymore.

Batman Beyond isn't an elseworld. It is simply a the dcu earth some years ahead according to the multiverse guide. Anyway I used it because that's the only example I've got where Bruce evaluations Damian's detective skills.

Note I'm not saying that Damian Robin is better detective than current-TimRobin just that he is smarter.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-31-2019 at 02:24 AM.