Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Identity Crisis

BANNED

Canon for new 52 also.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Canon for new 52 also.
    This is exactly what i mean when I say that Tim's history is all over the place. We've got stuff like this which say he was never Robin. This Tim here wasn't even really called Tim Drake, he stole from Penguin and got found out. He tried and failed to figure out Batman's id and he lead the TT group which had Bunker.

This Tim especially WASN'T a detective regardless of what they tried to push.
    In Rebirth he still led that TT's team but he really is Tim drake, he was once Robin, he didn't steal from penguin and he figured out Batman's id.

Tim needs a tidy up.

I can see Dick calling Tim dark, I can see Dick calling Damian Dangerous. I can't see him calling Jason cool and i can't see him being insecure about his place.

I think Tom King spends a lot of time on social media because these sound like fanon versions.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 06-09-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Fantastic Member

The most recent young justice issues show that Tim's history (all of it) is still canon. He remembers it and those feats are still his. So yes, Tim's potential as the world's greatest detective still stands. That doesn't make any of the other Robins unintelligent or not smart, it just means Tim is the best detective of the group.

Its a paper title.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    The most recent young justice issues show that Tim's history (all of it) is still canon. He remembers it and those feats are still his. So yes, Tim's potential as the world's greatest detective still stands. That doesn't make any of the other Robins unintelligent or not smart, it just means Tim is the best detective of the group.
    I read that issue and all Tim said was that someone erased YJ from his mind. So you are incorrect. He remembers YJ. And as dietrich said at age 10 Damian is way smarter and is a greater detective.

Example B&R 10yr old Damian discovers details about his granparents that even Bruce did not know like the fact that Martha was a painter, the special place he proposed and other such intimate details scattered all over the Europe.

10 year old Damian was able to solve cases with the GCPD and was able to hold down the fort as batkid for 3 nights.

I am not convinced that Rebirth Tim is even a better detective than Damian [not to mention Dick] and he absolutely isn't smarter.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 06-09-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I read that issue and all Tim said was that someone erased YJ from his mind. So you are incorrect. He remembers YJ. And as dietrich said at age 10 Damian is way smarter and is a greater detective.

Example B&R 10yr old Damian discovers details about his granparents that even Bruce did not know like the fact that Martha was a painter, the special place he proposed and other such intimate details scattered all over the Europe.

10 year old Damian was able to solve cases with the GCPD and was able to hold down the fort as batkid for 3 nights.

I am not convinced that Rebirth Tim is even a better detective than Damian [not to mention Dick] and he absolutely isn't smarter.
    Reread the issues and the Tec issues. The context of Detective (the whole prison with batman Tim) and YJ is that Tim remembers his history. Zatanna showed him not just his time in young justice, but also his whole life. Direct Quote by Tim in Young Justice 6:

"I had a whole other - another life. I had an entire other life."

So...while I fully agree Rebirth Tim does not measure up to Damian; this is no longer rebirth Tim. This is Rebirth + N52 +PreN52. Based on all those feats, this version of Tim is easily the best detective. Damian held down the fort for 3 nights? Nice. Tim managed Gotham for months while Bruce was missing, Dick/Jason were off doing their own thing; he managed gang wars and kept Gotham stable prior to battle for the cowl.

Just because Tim is the best detective does not mean the other Robins aren't smart/capable. All of them are better fighters (which is honestly BS. Damian at age 10 should not be able to handle full grown trained men who have survived Shiva, but I accept that's comics for ya). But Tim has the intelligence.

Also, lets just clarify intelligence displays itself in numerous ways. Tim's intelligence most accurately displays itself in the manner Akin to Batgod. Prep time etc.

Reread the issues and the Tec issues. The context of Detective (the whole prison with batman Tim) and YJ is that Tim remembers his history. Zatanna showed him not just his time in young justice, but also his whole life. Direct Quote by Tim in Young Justice 6:

"I had a whole other - another life. I had an entire other life."

So...while I fully agree Rebirth Tim does not measure up to Damian; this is no longer rebirth Tim. This is Rebirth + N52 +PreN52. Based on all those feats, this version of Tim is easily the best detective. Damian held down the fort for 3 nights? Nice. Tim managed Gotham for months while Bruce was missing, Dick/Jason were off doing their own thing; he managed gang wars and kept Gotham stable prior to battle for the cowl.

Just because Tim is the best detective does not mean the other Robins aren't smart/capable. All of them are better fighters (which is honestly BS. Damian at age 10 should not be able to handle full grown trained men who have survived Shiva, but I accept that's comics for ya). But Tim has the intelligence.

Also, lets just clarify intelligence displays itself in numerous ways. Tim's intelligence most accurately displays itself in the manner Akin to Batgod. Prep time etc.

I still disagree on both Tim getting his full history back and being better than Damian.

Tim did not manage gotham for months when bruce was gone at age 10 or even 13 because tim only joined the family at age 13 so how could he.

What intelligence did 10/13 year old tim display he saw Robin perform a trick that only Dick Grayson could perform and put it together that he must be robin.

And on Tim getting his history back Tim is 16, damian has been Robin for 3 years and Tim became Robin at age 13 however you try to explain it Tim doesn't have his history back he can't have. This is even before we get into his parents.

Damian is smarter than Tim that is not even a question the issue we are debating is is Current tim a better detective and i'm not convinced. Smarts Damian is by far smarter than all versions of Tim.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 06-09-2019 at 02:42 PM.

When did Tim manage Gotham for months?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I still disagree on both Tim getting his full history back and being better than Damian.

Tim did not manage gotham for months when bruce was gone at age 10 or even 13 because tim only joined the family at age 13 so how could he.

What intelligence did 10/13 year old tim display he saw Robin perform a trick that only Dick Grayson could perform and put it together that he must be robin.

And on Tim getting his history back Tim is 16, damian has been Robin for 3 years and Tim became Robin at age 13 however you try to explain it Tim doesn't have his history back he can't have. This is even before we get into his parents.

Damian is smarter than Tim that is not even a question the issue we are debating is is Current tim a better detective and i'm not convinced. Smarts Damian is by far smarter than all versions of Tim.

A. I'm not comparing ten/thirteen year old Tim to ten/thirteen year old damian. I'm comparing current Tim to current Damian. Could damian surpass Tim one day as a detective? Sure, but I'm going to maintain my stance that Damian is bad for storytelling and even worse than the Batgod we get in Justice league sometimes. If your ten/thirteen year old character makes all the other supporting cast redundant, then that character is not good for storytelling. There is a reason Damian was intended to die...

B. Read Tim's robin series. All the evidence you need.

C. Time doesn't matter in this instance. Tim lived both lives. He got his memory of another life. The actual time frame doesn't matter.
    D. Not going to debate with you anymore, you're not using logic or what actually happened in the comics. You're blinded by your fanboyism for Damian. If you can't even agree in the face of direct quotes in the comics then I have nothing to say.
    Last edited by josai21; 06-09-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    When did Tim manage Gotham for months?
    During Batman RIP.

People if you're going to debate the intelligence of the character compared to others at least read the dedicated series bearing the person's name. (Directing this more towards CP than you Godlike).

Or heck, even the wiki...

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Tim_Drake

Is this another finding a cave in the Middle East thing? Cause if Tim managed Gotham for months during RIP then why was there a need for Dick to take the cowl, LoL.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-09-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Is this another finding a cave in the Middle East thing? Cause if Tim managed Gotham for months during RIP then why was there a need for Dick to take the cowl, LoL.
    Because Dick didn't want to be Batman, and Damian wouldn't have allowed anyways.
    I mean, that's what happened and was stated in story. Morrison wanted to play Dick as Batman, and that's what we got.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-09-2019 at 06:21 PM.

That makes even less sense. I remember in story Gotham being in chaos and Dick having to take the cowl despite not wanting it in an effort to calm down the city. But apparently Tim was managing it for months, so that’s confusing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-09-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Fantastic Member

That makes even less sense. I remember in story Gotham being in chaos and Dick having to take the cowl despite not wanting in effort to calm down the city. But apparently Tim was managing it for months, so that’s confusing.
    I mean the city was in turmoil. Tim could only do so much without the symbol of Batman, but he played the gangs off each other and kept it from spiraling completely out of control. It's one of the reasons he was a candidate for the cowl. Though Jason stabbed him in the chest with a crowbar...

Honestly, he would have remained robin or become nightwing I think if Damian as a character wasn't still around. It would have been a different dynamic to be sure.

I mean the city was in turmoil. Tim could only do so much without the symbol of Batman, but he played the gangs off each other and kept it from spiraling completely out of control. It's one of the reasons he was a candidate for the cowl. Though Jason stabbed him in the chest with a crowbar...

Honestly, he would have remained robin or become nightwing I think if Damian as a character wasn't still around. It would have been a different dynamic to be sure.
    he was introduced and in Gotham about just before RIP, as far as I recall.