I distinctly remember reading about the previews of this one, but now I can't find any thread about it here. I obviously am walking around in a desolate apocalyptic forum, my only company a ranting and raving Gaelforce stuck in a lamp.

If Doomsday Clock #9 showed how to do a universe-altering event and reveal right, then Batman: Last Knight on Earth showed how to do a personal nightmare right. The apocalyptic landscapes, the continual nods to Mad Max, the way Alfred suddenly is Bruce's jailor, and the Joker as Batman's only solid point of orientation…

On one level, I must quibble with how Wonder Woman is characterised, but her choices echoes back to the way her birth society withdrew from the world, so there is a ground to stand on for the story. The way the world became the way it did also hardly doesn't work as backstory. So I fully expect that there will be more layers to be unfurled, especially with the way that the narrating is done by the Joker. In a way, I get a feeling that we are not seeing Batman's nightmare, but the Joker's…