Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I really liked this issue. I can't wait for the next one.

Due to the cover contest this week (Social Commentary) I took a second look at my copy of Bryan Talbot's "The Tale of One Bad Rat", and noted that Talbot had made Batman adventures, so I hunted it down.

The two-parter of "Mask" in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #39–40 really reminded me of this issue, with the layered hallucinations, the breakdown of the barrier between Bruce Wayne and Batman, the revisiting of the murder of Bruce's parents, Alfred as jailor, the asylym, the broken-down suit, and constant need for escapes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder had drawn inspiration from this story.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Really great issue. You can tell a Comic is great when you’re just dying to know what happens next when you reach the end.

Calling it right now. Omega is another Bruce Wayne clone.

I finally got around to this. Reminds me a bit of Old Man Logan's world.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I haven't read any of Snyder's JLA. Can someone tell me the connections?
    A version of Luthor's speech takes place in that run too, although it's made with the Legion of Doom and the consequences looks to be different.

I was honestly a bit unclear about the nature of Alfred's (and Toyman's?) ruse with the fake mental asylum, did I miss something or was it properly explained in the story?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

DC has posted their preview of #2.

Man, this is some high-concept and all-encompassing take on the DC universe.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])