Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Dear lord, I would love it if this whole series suddenly took a wild turn into self-parody and Superboy-Prime showed up to have a dick-measuring contest with Dr. Manhattan.
    Metaphorically, I hope you mean. I have no interest in seeing a literal version of this scenario.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I predict he will settle down in Hollywood making a go of it advising wannabe celebrities about their future prospects. Occasionally, for fun, he will take clients to Mars.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think we'll find out he's been trying to prepare for an even bigger threat that's coming. Something so terrible he's tried to make the DCU more brutal and stronger so it will survive the coming Crisis.
    I C wat U did.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

What I'd like to see: the last panel of the series showing Daniel Hall welcoming Manhattan to the Dreaming. "Hello, Jon. We need to talk..."

What I expect: Manhattan learning a valuable lesson from Superman about heroism and a) voluntarily leaving the DCU or b) sacrificing himself. That, or he gets depowered and goes back to being Jon Osterman.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    What I'd like to see: the last panel of the series showing Daniel Hall welcoming Manhattan to the Dreaming. "Hello, Jon. We need to talk..."

What I expect: Manhattan learning a valuable lesson from Superman about heroism and a) voluntarily leaving the DCU or b) sacrificing himself. That, or he gets depowered and goes back to being Jon Osterman.
    Just as long as he doesn't become Joel Osteen!

BANNED

*Superman flying in to stop Manhattan*
    *explodes superman*
    *Getting Mxy on his case*
    *Explodes Mxy*
    *Spectre swearing vengeance upon him*
    *Explodes Spectre*
    *Meta verse revolting against his tampering*
    *Explodes the meta verse*
    the Presence
    *NOW PUT IT BACK AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE BEFORE KRONAS PESKY INTERFERENCE
    Dr Manhattan:..........

Fantastic Member

Hoping that it really it's just a conversation between Kal-El & Jon at the very end, and Manhattan then goes back and tweaks history again, erasing the 'New 52' entirely (not that I didn't like it) and giving us a new status quo. After that Jon really is done and ascends to a higher plain, just to observe.

Would it be very meta if ‎Dr. Manhattan ('Jon' Osterman) turns out to really be Jonathan "Jon" Samuel Kent from a different reality, and in the end the two merge into one?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Would it be very meta if ‎Dr. Manhattan ('Jon' Osterman) turns out to really be Jonathan "Jon" Samuel Kent from a different reality, and in the end the two merge into one?
    I thought about that, and we're venturing dangerously close to "Martha! Why did you say that name?!" territory here, but both Superman's adoptive father and firstborn son are named "Jon," just as Dr. Manhattan is. Maybe Manhattan sees the connection between his own relationship to his watchmaker father and it revives his humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I thought about that, and we're venturing dangerously close to "Martha! Why did you say that name?!" territory here, but both Superman's adoptive father and firstborn son are named "Jon," just as Dr. Manhattan is.
    Well, "Jonathan Samuel Kent" was named for both Superman's adoptive father and Lois' father, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think we'll find out he's been trying to prepare for an even bigger threat that's coming. Something so terrible he's tried to make the DCU more brutal and stronger so it will survive the coming Crisis.
    The Editors?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

A pair of pants
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Metaphorically, I hope you mean. I have no interest in seeing a literal version of this scenario.

I'm leave whether or not it's a metaphor to your imagination, Buried

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm leave whether or not it's a metaphor to your imagination, Buried
    Got a post waiting for you in the "Broken Toys" thread, Bored. Been waiting for you since this morning.

Spectacular Member

I wonder how Manhattan would become Jon Osterman again, he did save the Comedian from dying so perhaps he used that to work out a way to go back to 1959 and prevent the accident.
    Last edited by JonaX; 05-30-2019 at 06:59 PM.