Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i think Kraven inspired himself. it had very little to do with Peter. is Kaine even relevant anymore?

might want to wait and see what happens next issue.
    that isn't the impression you get from the subsequent issues during the 'superior' era where he clearly considers Peter to be his inspiration. whether he is relevant or not depends on what reception ocky gets. if his ultra edgy Spidey impression succeeds then they may drag him back with Ben for scarlet spider in a maxi or mini series but I don't think it's likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    What are you talking about? He had more than one page.
    did he have dialogue on the other page?

I'm going to be in the minority here (so what else is new), but I didn't care for Ramos's art and am ready for someone new. Too often, Ramos's Spider-Man looked like a walking skeleton with impossible proportions, and it really took me out of the story. Of course, I'm not a fan of hyper-exaggerated art to begin with, especially on a character like Spider-Man. I much prefer the smoothness of someone like Mark Bagley.

I've also never been a big fan of Kraven, so I won't really mourn his loss. He should have stayed dead, IMO. KLH was still a great story, though.

Anyway, I don't quite understand how Kraven was able to be killed by his clone. "The Spider" is supposedly the only one who can kill Kraven, so even if Kraven is "The Spider" himself (which I would debate he isn't), he essentially died at the hands of himself, not "The Spider."

Overall, this wasn't a great story, but it wasn't a bad one, either. I'd probably give it a C+.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 05-31-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    I'm going to be in the minority here (so what else is new), but I didn't care for Ramos's art and am ready for someone new. Too often, Ramos's Spider-Man looked like a walking skeleton with impossible proportions, and it really took me out of the story. Of course, I'm not a fan of hyper-exaggerated art to begin with, especially on a character like Spider-Man. I much prefer the smoothness of someone like Mark Bagley.

I've also never been a big fan of Kraven, so I won't really mourn his loss. He should have stayed dead, IMO. KLH was still a great story, though.

Anyway, I don't quite understand how Kraven was able to be killed by his clone. "The Spider" is supposedly the only one who can kill Kraven, so even if Kraven is "The Spider" himself (which I would debate he isn't), he essentially died at the hands of himself, not "The Spider."

Overall, this wasn't a great story, but it wasn't a bad one, either. I'd probably give it a C+.

While I still think this was a great story (will withhold a grade till after epilogue next month but can't see this being less than a B+ in my book), I def agree about Ramos' shortcomings as a storyteller----some panels throughout were murky and unclear and the final battle between Kraven Jr and Spidey/Dad was (perhaps purposely) vague about who was in the black costume. Kraven/Spidey should have been drawn bulkier; I initially thought that was Peter and that Kraven was going to simply shoot himself again which, as you said, would have been "The Spider" killing him and not his cloned son which was not the way we were led to believe his curse would be broken. Perhaps something will be made clearer in the epilogue on that front but I kinda doubt it; wish that was handled a bit differently,

Just occurred to me that Kraven just helped Vulture become the new Kingpin of Crime. At the very least, his rep has significantly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Just occurred to me that Kraven just helped Vulture become the new Kingpin of Crime. At the very least, his rep has significantly improved.
    Vulture is the new Kingpin. You guys...Vulture is the new Kingpin in ASM v5 #28. Spencer revealed it! Awesome!

The story was okay but nothing special, IMO. Still, Spencer's run has been enjoyable for me thus far as a whole.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Okay, finally reviewed this, and I have to say that I appreciated that "Hunted" FINALLY corrected one of the biggest missteps from the Brand New Day era that was "The Grim Hunt." Not to mention it did it in a way I didn't expect. That being said, we would've have needed "Hunted" if "Grim Hunt" hadn't happened, and I felt Amazing Spider-Man #22 (#823) still ended on a bit of anticlimax. Still thought it was decent, though.

:Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 5 No. 22: Kraven’s Last Last Hunt…again
    Last edited by stillanerd; 06-01-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Am I the only one that actually liked this story? Geez. Seems I'm always in the minority in this forum.

Peter Parker, Agent of Hydra in one month! GET HYPED!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Am I the only one that actually liked this story? Geez. Seems I'm always in the minority in this forum.
    It’s just that other people are louder.

That being said, I thought this whole story arc was filler.

Astonishing Member

The conclusion of Hunted was quite cool.
    This story have been a great read,and there is still the Epilogue story to be read.
    Stories with as many characters as the Hunted have to be really good otherwise the story is confusing,but i enjoyed reading the main stories in Amazing Spider-Man.
    Arcade being one of the villains of this story is interesting,Spider-Man had meet Arcade before in a story arc in the first volume of Marvel Team Up.
    And was the main villain of the Spider-Man and the X-Men video game of the early 90´s.A bit trivial because it´s a video game.
    Art wise the conclusion was great as well,Humberto Ramos did great illustrations in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Not at all; seems like more likes it than not just reading these comments. May we will do a poll after the epilogue to take the temperature of the room.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Not at all; seems like more likes it than not just reading these comments. May we will do a poll after the epilogue to take the temperature of the room.
    I really liked the story..What did I like best? Peter's decision making process. For the past decade he made bad decisions that bit him in tbe you know where. Here he made the right decisions ( not killing Kraven and how he used Lizard). Guess what? Billy, Felicia and even Curt came out of this okay. As a reader, you did not see stuff like the plagiarism of Otto's work ( which you knew would end up bad), not to mention OMD. Good job by Spencer.

Peter impulsively made the irresponsible decision of tearing out the Lizard's spine knowing that two extremely bad things could have happened, and the only reason Kraven didn't win this story is because Curt had the sheer willpower to stay straight.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate