Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Peter impulsively made the irresponsible decision of tearing out the Lizard's spine knowing that two extremely bad things could have happened, and the only reason Kraven didn't win this story is because Curt had the sheer willpower to stay straight.
    Yet, if he hadn't freed Curt, the most innocent character would be dead at Kraven jr's hand.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Yet, if he hadn't freed Curt, the most innocent character would be dead at Kraven jr's hand.
    Never confuse luck for skill. That’s why the end doesn’t justify the means. It would be the same as say OMD was justified because it had the most net gain.

He didn’t have control over Curt’s actions in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Never confuse luck for skill. That’s why the end doesn’t justify the means. It would be the same as say OMD was justified because it had the most net gain.

He didn’t have control over Curt’s actions in the end.
    I never said anything about skill. He had faith in Curt. And there wasn't a better alternative.

It's not really a normal Peter story where his own decisions or his thinking solve the conflict, it's an unorthodox story like KLH where Lizard and the others are used to test Kraven and Peter's philosophies, and Lizard's will is used to show that Peter can be right. Curt is the standard protagonist who makes the tough decisions and and key moves that save the day. If Curt didn't force himself into the story or have his Renew Your Vows moment, then Kraven wins and Peter does what he wanted him to. He would have had no other options.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's not really a normal Peter story where his own decisions or his thinking solve the conflict, it's an unorthodox story like KLH where Lizard and the others are used to test Kraven and Peter's philosophies, and Lizard's will is used to show that Peter can be right. Curt is the standard protagonist who makes the tough decisions and and key moves that save the day. If Curt didn't force himself into the story or have his Renew Your Vows moment, then Kraven wins and Peter does what he wanted him to. He would have had no other options.
    And don't forget, Peter is dragged into this thing in the first place to rescue Billy for Curt, obviously Kraven probably would've found some way of luring Peter over into the hunt, but he got lucky with Billy, Curt, and Felicia, since its very possible all of them could have avoided the equation.

Spectacular Member

This was Ramos' last issue??? Thank God! With his complete lack of storytelling skills, his awful manga faces, his continuous breaking of the laws of human physiology and his penchant for drawing weird stick figures, his art was a liability, not an asset.

The story itself is ho-hum, been here so many times, will be here so many times again, Peter being pushed towards killing yet never crossing that line - AGAIN... Once again, this isn't an event, this is a two-issue story blown up out of all proportions. Not 'bad' (except for the art) but totally unremarkable and ultimately repetitive. Hope the Centipede Demon-Man makes more of an impact.

i like Ramos' work. and i loved Hunted.

.... Kraven bites it again?
    at least, until the next writer brings him back via cloning or some crazy mystic ritual. #facts

humberto one of the GOAT
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    This was Ramos' last issue??? Thank God! With his complete lack of storytelling skills, his awful manga faces, his continuous breaking of the laws of human physiology and his penchant for drawing weird stick figures, his art was a liability, not an asset.

The story itself is ho-hum, been here so many times, will be here so many times again, Peter being pushed towards killing yet never crossing that line - AGAIN... Once again, this isn't an event, this is a two-issue story blown up out of all proportions. Not 'bad' (except for the art) but totally unremarkable and ultimately repetitive. Hope the Centipede Demon-Man makes more of an impact.
    Wow, aren't you fun. And I completely disagree with everything you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post

I'm not a fan of Ramos either, and the story was kind of a weak rehash of the original Kraven's Last Hunt story, so no I don't think all the buildup and hype lived up to the event either, but I did like the small twist at the end. It really could have been condensed. I'm a fan of the one-shot character focused issues though, I always love to learn a little more about the Spider-man rogue gallery.

Trusting that others can be good, like Lizard, is also part of a hero like Spider-man. He took a risk because he trusted Connors.

I really liked Hunted, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Trusting that others can be good, like Lizard, is also part of a hero like Spider-man. He took a risk because he trusted Connors.

I really liked Hunted, by the way.
    I did too. I can't really understand the criticism that some are levying, such as it was a rehash of KLH. Other that the first issue, which Spencer said was a tribute/sort of love letter to KLH, it went off in a different direction. Yes, it ended with Kraven's suicide again but I think we all knew that was going to happen......and it happened in a different way this time. I kind of look at this as the closing arc of a trilogy of KLH/Grim Hunt/Hunted.

BANNED

well how will his arc in scarlet spider fit in this trilogy? the one where he died at Scarlet spiders hands and was revived supposedly free of the curse?

I say that the Scarlet Spider arc should be ignored. because who cares?