Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    This ended on a disappointing note for me. The real star of the Hunted ended up being the Vulture
    he had one page

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    So Spider man has inspired another cold blooded killer to find humanity and give up his life in his stead. I wonder what the reaction of Kaine will be on learning about hunted.
    i think Kraven inspired himself. it had very little to do with Peter. is Kaine even relevant anymore?

I definitely don't see it sticking with Kraven Jr, Kraven 2.0, Last Son of Kraven or whatever the hell is name is. The guy's nothing more than a blank, bootleg version of the original, if anything his very existence cheapens the Kraven legacy. If the original Kraven had to go, I would've gone with Ana Kravinoff over the Kraven clone. Can't help but think that Spencer wanted his cake and eat it too with Kraven by putting the original Kraven back in the genie bottle while creating his own version of Kraven in hopes that Kraven will get over. I don't see it happening long term.
    might want to wait and see what happens next issue.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-30-2019 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I know it says to be concluded in this issue but isn't really one more to go? Like an Epilogue of sorts?

Still, I enjoyed this run, I never really lost interest like some of the others here mentioned and I felt that the ending was rather well done. I enjoyed the various POV's that were shown and I am interested in seeing what happens in regards to MJ, Jr, Cat and the Connors. My only real complaint is Vulture coming out like he's some sort of leader but that could well be a set up for something down the line.
    i agree with most of your points. but i don't have any issue with someone trying to elevate Vulture. he's one of the original guard of spider-man villains. he's a former member of the Sinister Six. if anyone was going to milk the events of Hunted, it's him.

I wouldn't be too harsh on KLS (Kraven's Last Son) since he hasn't gotten much time to play here. He'll certainly have his own arc, he has a cool design that's better than the past two lame Kraven sons, an interesting and high-concept origin, is established as very powerful, and has a more compelling motivation to go after Peter than most of the rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    What did Kraven do with Squirrel Girl or what's the deal with that ?
    Since Sergei was not being used in ASM, North was able to make him a supporting cast member for Dorreen where they got into comedy book shenanigans while also getting into a more traditional villain redemption arc for him. Doesn't work with what Nick planned, but by acknowledging the SG stuff and explaining why Kraven regressed, his time with Doreen becomes another reason behind Spencer's own Kraven redemption at the end of this story.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Considering how I thought the whole event was lackluster, I’m surprised by how much I liked the ending.
    I think that someone could read this issue by itself and walk away feeling like they read something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Since Sergei was not being used in ASM, North was able to make him a supporting cast member for Dorreen where they got into comedy book shenanigans while also getting into a more traditional villain redemption arc for him. Doesn't work with what Nick planned, but by acknowledging the SG stuff and explaining why Kraven regressed, his time with Doreen becomes another reason behind Spencer's own Kraven redemption at the end of this story.
    I always found that Squirrel Stuff fun but...really doesn't hold up when you actually think about Kraven as a character.

It tried it's hardest to justify all of it but that last story with him just was really hard for me to buy.

I know we technically have one more issue to go but that's an Epilogue so, unless it alters things greatly, I am prepared to call this a great story arc. For me, it checks all the boxes: entertaining, dramatic tension throughout, characters acted IN CHARACTER, the story was big but not too big and all the players were left in a very different place at the end (opening the door for future stories for each). Unlike Slott, who had a tendency to start a big story off well and then flounder at the end, I think Spencer stuck the landing here.

Let's wait till after the Epilogue before we properly rate/rank this story but I personally enjoyed this more than and Spidey tale in recent history----possibly since Superior..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Let's wait till after the Epilogue before we properly rate/rank this story but I personally enjoyed this more than and Spidey tale in recent history----possibly since Superior..
    I am not expecting much to add to this story, the next two issues sound like they will be waiting for #25 and I kind of hope they don't just set there Spider-splaining the moral of the story.

i'm hoping for Taskmaster and Black Ant to make up. i know that Gibbon and some nameless hunter died. but the real tragedy is that Taskmaster has to sing karoake solo.

That hunter's name was Bob, the same guy from the first arc of the run.

The real tragedy is that Taskmaster couldn't find Tiger Shark.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

That hunter's name was Bob, the same guy from the first arc of the run.

The real tragedy is that Taskmaster couldn't find Tiger Shark.
    he's underwater with Namor.

BANNED

This ended on a disappointing note for me. The real star of the Hunted ended up being the Vulture which was a plus for Vulture fans but didn't really resonate with me.
    Hmm. I can't agree that the Vulture was the "real star" of this. Didn't seem like that at all to me.

I will say, though, that I liked that he played an important part and I like that it seems that Spencer has used Hunted to set Toomes up for bigger things down the line.

This run continues to be on fire for me, always making surprising choices yet doing things that totally make sense and are satisfying. Let Kraven stay dead! It was about as poetic of a way to go out a second time and his clone kid is set up for success as the new Kraven. The use of Peter's morals to defeat Kraven and how Kraven realized it to get what he wanted was great.

I wouldn't be too harsh on KLS (Kraven's Last Son) since he hasn't gotten much time to play here. He'll certainly have his own arc, he has a cool design that's better than the past two lame Kraven sons, an interesting and high-concept origin, is established as very powerful, and has a more compelling motivation to go after Peter than most of the rogues.
    I've seen his origin, his interactions with the original Kraven, Spider-Man and various supporting characters, etc. What's left? He's gotten enough time to play for me to see nothing special about him. The design he has is generic especially in comparison to his predecessor. Granted, Kraven with the leopard pants with the ballerina shoes needed to be modified but still. Also, I see nothing interesting or high concept about his origin. I could see if for an example, he was the son of Kraven and Calypso. I could definitely see the intrigue in that but instead we have a guy who's one of 87 carbon copies of Kraven. That's it. Outside of that, he's got nothing. I'll admit I may be bias considering I didn't like any of that clone crap with Spider-Man so to see it unfold with another character I like doesn't appeal to me. That and I think it's just lazy as hell, creatively speaking.

As far as him having a more compelling motivation to go after Peter than most of his rogues are concerned, I strongly disagree with that. He was the fool who ended up killing his own father because he was too incompetent to tell the difference, that's all on him. The only motivation he has for going to after Spider-Man is because that's what his old man used to do and that's no different than it was with the other lame sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he had one page
    What are you talking about? He had more than one page.