Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Character Assassination was great cause it had the feeling of a season finale. It tied in all of the post BND stories together.

Astonishing Member

The Lobo Brothers Gang War story arc from Spectacular Spider-Man and Web of Spider-Man by Gerry Conway and Sal Buscema and Alex Saviuk is a story that i would say is quite underated for example.
    The article is interesting,i especially agree with #4(Brand New Day) and #7(Spider-Man:Fever limited series).
    Last edited by comicscollector; 06-02-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Jenkins brought him back in issue 39 only for Doctor Octopus to brutalize him and beat him to near death. So that probably discouraged others from using him Haha
    He also killed him off in an issue of the Thor: Heaven & Hell mini-series.

Although this is a villain with the power of persuasion, so it's easy to fix.

If I wrote Spider-Man, I would totally bring back Fusion.

My pitch: Fusion lost his mutant ability to persuade during House of M, and has spent the last few years biding his time. He's reintroduced as the right-hand man of a new bad guy, slowly manipulating his boss into getting him the tools he needs: goblin gear, a symbiote and some tentacles.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

PPTSSM #16 has always been a favorite ignored story of mine. The story was a one-off by an obscure writer, but it draws a pretty much perfect picture of a beat cop being a hero and the toll it takes on their home life. Also really liked the parallels made between said beat cop and Spider-Man.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    PPTSSM #16 has always been a favorite ignored story of mine. The story was a one-off by an obscure writer, but it draws a pretty much perfect picture of a beat cop being a hero and the toll it takes on their home life. Also really liked the parallels made between said beat cop and Spider-Man.
    As a bit of an aside, the writer is obscure in the context of Marvel comics. But Eliot S Magin had a notable bronze age Superman run, starting with the classic "Must There Be a Superman?" (which had a contribution from twelve year old Jeph Loeb)

http://www.maggin.nu/must.php
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Ultimate Clone Saga for me. Felt like a great climax to a lot of threads Bendis had been setting up for a while.
    I thought it was actually regarded as one of the best arcs of that series. Granted, I do think the non-616 comics are generally seen as "second tier" or not as important as the flagship series (unfair, IMHO, but there it is).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I kind of feel that Brand New Day & Worldwide don't exactly fit as 'stories', cosnidering they instead encompass multiple stories of varying quality.

I think To Have & To Hold definitely deserved a place on the list, in my opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I think To Have & To Hold definitely deserved a place on the list, in my opinion.
    I love that story but an Eisner nominated story that shows up in multiple lists of best Spider-Man stories ever isn't underrated.

Tom Beland's Web of Romance is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    As a bit of an aside, the writer is obscure in the context of Marvel comics. But Eliot S Magin had a notable bronze age Superman run, starting with the classic "Must There Be a Superman?" (which had a contribution from twelve year old Jeph Loeb)

http://www.maggin.nu/must.php
    Wow I had no idea! Way to go unearthing that, I'll have to read some of those stories. A 12-year old Jeph Loeb, incredible.

You know what's an underrated era of Spider-Man? Wein/Andru.

I know more humans on this planet read the dang Inferno Speccy tie-in.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

omd. it flew under the radar, but one day people will talk about nothing else
    troo fan or death

hey gamers did somebody say underrated spider-man stories

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

My ten choices, in chronological order, and after deciding that Spider-Man VS Wolverine has been on plenty of best of lists...

Madness Is All In The Mind- Amazing Spider-Man #24
    An unusual Lee/ Ditko issue that has a clash between Spider-Man's fan and Jonah, and a supervillain plot by a major bad guy who doesn't put on his costume.

Disaster- Amazing Spider-Man #53-59
    As far as I'm concerned this is the highlight of Lee/ Romita, showing how being a superhero can affect Peter Parker.

Enter...Morbius (Amazing Spider-Man #100-102)
    The six-armed saga and debut of Morbius is famous, but it's also pretty good.

The Punisher (Amazing Spider-Man #129)
    Probably Conway's best comic outside the Night Gwen Stacy died. It's an important issue but a really good one.

The Longest Hundred Yards (Amazing Spider-Man #153)
    An excellent story of ordinary people caught in the crossfire, and the highlight of the Wein/ Andru run.

A Matter of Love...and Death (Marvel Team-Up #59-60)
    Claremont's Marvel Team-Up run has been overlooked, and this two-parter with Byrne raises the stakes by making it seem like a founding Avenger got killed.

Torment (Spider-Man #1-5)
    Even Todd McFarlane makes fun of his writing debut, but I think it's a really good example of Spider-Man pushed to his absolute limit.

Amazing Fantasy #16-18
    Excellent take on a time period we didn't know was important; the days before Amazing Spider-Man #1.

One Small Break (Peter Parker Spider-Man #30-32)
    Because Fusion is the best Spider-Man villain of the last twenty years.

Behind the Mustache (Tangled Web #20)
    A great spotlight on the best supporting character in comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

1 Maximum Carnage. No question about it. Really are ethical debates and a 3 way war between people with different moral convictions even within their own group the worst writing you people can think off? Not saying it is great but topless robot(another nerd website) honestly ranked it the worst Spider-man story of all time.

2 the Other. Okay admittedly this one is not very good but some people treat it as if it is up there with the likes of Sins Past or Lifetheft when it comes to bad Spider-Man stories. At the very least few villain have ever been as threatening as Morlun in was in that story.
    Last edited by Obeythemoderators; 04-03-2020 at 04:50 PM.

The Other is a pretty good story, as stories go, its just not a great story for Peter Parker.