Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I prefer Firestorm to Captain Atom but I'd be game for a Captain Atom movie if done well. Bryd156 had some good ideas that I wouldn't mind seeing happen.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I prefer Firestorm to Captain Atom but I'd be game for a Captain Atom movie if done well. Bryd156 had some good ideas that I wouldn't mind seeing happen.
    Why thank you.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

how about Captain Atom vs Firestorm: Dawn of the nuclear age where the Captain is tasked with bringing in Firestorm for research and harnessing purposes which will lead to a big conflict which will be resolved when they find they both were the students of Prof Martin Stein? would be a hilarious parody of BvsS DOJ

Incredible Member

I loved the Captain Atom comic from the 80’s. It made him one of my favorites for a while. They’ve failed to really utilize him properly for a really long time. I tried to get into the old Firestorm comics but just couldn’t. I do think they’d both make great movies though. They have a lot to work with.

If what we are talking about is a live action movie I would want the Captain Atom we saw in JLU . The way they used him there has tons of story potential.

If it's animated movie though...I would want Firestorm I think. His character leans on the more fun and whimsical nature of superheroes and could be fun to see in that format.

But to be honest though, I'm not sure either character would be appeal to me on its own. Both of their concepts are very out there, their powers seem ill defined, and their story points seem scattered and ill focused as they progressed as characters. All of which make for a potentially huge flop when it comes to a live action or animated movie.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    how about Captain Atom vs Firestorm: Dawn of the nuclear age where the Captain is tasked with bringing in Firestorm for research and harnessing purposes which will lead to a big conflict which will be resolved when they find they both were the students of Prof Martin Stein? would be a hilarious parody of BvsS DOJ
    That's a joint sequel/third movie right there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That's a joint sequel/third movie right there.
    I know right? Martin could be the project head who serves as the guide of Captain Atom in a twist instead of Ronald who needs to study firestorm for achieving a breakthrough in his project which is of paramount importance to the military and hence sics the Captain upon him not knowing he is his former student whom he had taught briefly before leaving for his current project. when all is cleared it turns out that the military typically is intending to use his research for subversive purposes which makes him persuade Captain Atom to free firestorm from captivity and all three go on the run pursued by the military. the experiments however have destabilized firestorm who explodes in the vicinity of the professor who fuses with him and the traditional firestorm emerges from the explosion however the military believe they have died in the blast but Firestorm goes underground to hide and investigate the agencies that are behind the conspiracy whereas Captain Atom was propelled in the future.

The end credits show its max Lord who is pulling all the strings who needed Firestorm matrix to power a army of super soldiers in service of the country and has decided that project major force needs to be activated before it was too late and metahuman profusion begins and threatens national security.

meanwhile Captain Atom finds himself in the 31st century and witnesses futuristic teenagers fighting strange super villains and flies towards the conflict.
    in the present meanwhile Firestorm is able to at last separate into Ronald and stein with great pain and while doing so receives visions about the other elementals.
    er I forgot it was supposed to be a parody.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 05-31-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Firestorm sounds more fun. Two guys stuck as the same superhero, hijinks ensue? That already sounds like Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Firestorm sounds more fun. Two guys stuck as the same superhero, hijinks ensue? That already sounds like Hollywood.
    ^^ Pretty much what I was going to say. It would definitely capture the fun MCU vibe that has been very successful. Almost like a super-hero "Freaky Friday."

I wonder if Victor Garber would be willing to come back for a Firestorm movie...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm down for CAPTAIN ATOM

I would love a Firestorm movie, but only if it's the Raymond/Stein combo. If not, then I'll settle for the Captain Atom movie.

Firestorm is my pick.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Definitely Captain Atom. But both would be better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    A air force officer framed for a crime he didn't commit and forced to take part in secret govt experiment by the same man who set him up. The experiment going wrong and throwing him 20 years into the future and giving him insane powers. His wife and children thinking him dead for 20 years and him forced to take on a new identity. His wife marrying the man who set him up and ruined his life ends up raising his kids.

Yeah there is nothing there that would make a great movie .........
    That is a strong recipe for good drama on screen.