Page 387 of 875 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Sounds too good to be true to me unfortunately

Hmm, not sure I buy it. And even if it was true, it could go the same way as Fox and Disney talking about that TV show that never got talked about again.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    From what I can tell the X-MEN have never gone and started fights, they've always been comfortable staying at their school as long the conflict wasn't mutant related.
    The X-Men have gone and got into fights, but that's not the point. The point is heros can't go around killing people...

Quote Originally Posted by natevegas View Post
    Yeah I'm sure I'm not the only who sees its not 6 x books.
    Deadpool solo isn't a x-men book - 5
    One x-men book has brotherhood of evil mutants and baddies with 2 good characters all jammed into a x-men title - 4
    One teen x-men book with a mesh of time traveling x-men - 3
    One x-men book with a few core characters but wrapped around the inhumans and mist nonsense without Cyclops & Jean -2
    A old man Logan solo which is a alternative universe aged Wolverine - hardly the real Wolverine we all love I mean this guy killed the x-men in his universe.

So I'll count the Old man logan and the exm book, so 2 real x-men books amid other members tossed like rogue, beast, and kitty propping up other team books. Is this what its gotten to? The x-men only exist in stories propping up other teams like avengers, inhumans, guardians, etc?
    And people wonder why you guys gets a bad rep in places like NeoGAF. This is literally hardcore nit-picking.

You all keep crying wolf saying that the end for the mutants in the comics are near, & the end never comes. Granted, you guys have a valid complaint about the lack of X-merchandise, but even then we aren't getting absolutely zero merch for the mutants. Marvel Comics is a completely different beast. And if this thread has taught me anything, it's that Marvel can't eradicate the X-Men from the comics & live to tell the tale.
    Last edited by Neoxon; 07-04-2015 at 02:23 AM.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    The X-Men have gone and got into fights, but that's not the point. The point is heros can't go around killing people...
    Quoted for truth.

BANNED

It does not matter what they think on Neogaf.

Yech, thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    Unless they really have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    And people wonder why you guys gets a bad rep in places like NeoGAF.
    Hahahaha oh wow

sounds fishy. and not a great thing for x-men.

what's neoGAF?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sounds fishy. and not a great thing for x-men.

what's neoGAF?
    It's for gamers in college. It's like 4chan.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Eh, not like 4chan as they're very strict on who they let in as you must have a paid e-mail and than wait for approval. I have a paid e-mail yet I never got past approval so either I was denied or they just don't want to let more in the community over there.

I don't believe it. The chief reasons being that 1) Marvel has already set the stage for their own X-Men replacements. Why scrap what they 100% own and control to negotiate with Fox over, at best, a half-share? and 2) While it's possible that Fox might be hurting badly enough that they need Marvel to give their one successful superhero franchise a shot in the arm (though I wouldn't bet on it), the reverse is absolutely not true. Marvel studios doesn't need the X-Men or the complications that would come with trying to shoehorn them in the MCU. And I doubt Fox is anywhere near desperate enough to offer up the kind of rights and licensing capitulation that would make such a venture worth DisMarvel's while.

BANNED

Prodigy55 was approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Eh, not like 4chan as they're very strict on who they let in as you must have a paid e-mail and than wait for approval. I have a paid e-mail yet I never got past approval so either I was denied or they just don't want to let more in the community over there.
    NeoGAF = Whatever. They have no higher credence over anyone.

Spectacular Member

And people wonder why you guys gets a bad rep in places like NeoGAF. This is literally hardcore nit-picking.

You all keep crying wolf saying that the end for the mutants in the comics are near, & the end never comes. Granted, you guys have a valid complaint about the lack of X-merchandise, but even then we aren't getting absolutely zero merch for the mutants. Marvel Comics is a completely different beast. And if this thread has taught me anything, it's that Marvel can't eradicate the X-Men from the comics & live to tell the tale.
    Its not nitpicking its facts....
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    We get 5 X-men titles( I do not count Deadpool as an X-title).
    1 - is timetravelling 05
    2 - is Brotherhood of evil mutants
    3 - is a wolverine solo
    4 - is a wolverine solo
    5 - is a writers picked favorites from different universes

Now as I see it if we would have gone with Lemires concept for 1-3 titles it would have been a much better scenario. 3 titles with different X-men teams where some of them aren't from 616.

You could have clashing personalities like AoA-Gambit who hates Magneto on one team and some version of Magneto on another. Setting up clashes both in ideologically and relationships.

With the current lineup it's far to many X-men who aren't included. For me it's pretty much only Lemires team that I count as an X-team.

We have 17 members in these titles. Where 2 are iceman and 2 are wolverine. Of these 13 left we have 2 villains and one Magneto.

I don't hold much hope for the titles left unannounced. They are unannounced because they would spoil SW. I just don't see the X-men matter enough for that.
    Yes it'll be x-men vs inhumans and/or avengers all over again.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

To good to be true, but I'd support FOX and Disney/Marvel making up, sure. If the Inhumans movie fails, they'll probably be more open to making up with FOX. If nothing else, it'd get those licensing rights flowing again.

Speaking of which, apparently this place can still make Marvel stuff, as their latest "chess piece" is Storm and they have some X-Men figurines as well:

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/marvel-chess
    https://shop.eaglemoss.com/marvel-figurines

LOL.

Like anyone cares what NeoGAF thinks.

Do you think the Fantastic Four fans were just crying wolf, too?

We talk about this stuff because we don't want the X-Men to end up like the Fantastic Four. You don't have to participate in the discussion if it's not that important to you.

============

So... About those Terrigen Mists... It appears there's a little bit of leftover plot from the scrapped "X-Men go into space because the Terrigen Mists are poisonous to X-Men" plotline from the old X-Editorial regime.

Of course, in reading some replies in that topic, I realize my interpretation of Axel Alonso's quote is based on my bias. An alternate explanation I feel is totally possible is that Axel Alonso is using "terrigen mists" as merely representative of a larger conflict that's arisen between the mutants and inhumans, a possible all out "race war" between the two more extreme factions in each camp. (As in: the Terrigen Mists created a hell of a lot more Inhumans, so now they're coming into conflict with mutantkind.)

So, we'll see. But I'm still suspicious of those terrigen mists and their possible (really sudden/nonsensical) ill effect on mutantkind. ;P

Also on the X-Men subject -- Cullen Bunn and Greg Land are on "Uncanny X-Men," but it's a very different Uncanny X-Men than readers are used to, led by Magneto and with other characters primarily known as villains, including Sabretooth and Mystique. What inspired this change in direction in the return of one of Marvel's longest-running titles?

Alonso: The X-Men find themselves in a unique situation after "Secret Wars." They live in a world that not only hates and fears them, but -- thanks to the Terrigen Mists -- is a lot more dangerous. The new Uncanny team is resolved to protect mutants by all means necessary, whatever the cost. What lines are each of these characters willing to cross to save their kind? Well, look at that roster. I mean, they're even more hardcore than the X-Force.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 07-04-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007