Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Complex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    *Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Default The Complex

Welcome brothers and sisters. This thread is for all things related to our so-called persecution complex. This is the place to post interviews, snippets, quotes, pics, etc that further underscore the marginalization of the X-Franchise. In this thread, you can feel safe to discuss how you feel about the way the X-Men and X-Fans are being treated without persecution. This is a place of love and understanding.

Last edited by LeonardEugenius; 06-09-2015 at 06:12 PM.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Marvel's Senior Vice President of Publishing Confirms X-Men Aren't Being Promoted/Marketed as Heavily Due to Movie Rights

How do you feel now that the cat is out of the bag?

BANNED

How do you feel now that the cat is out of the bag?

This just confirms what we already know. It pains me to say this, but Marvel is a business and there's no point investing time/money into something that won't pay off.

BANNED

None of which says they're deliberately trying to sabotage the brand, either. All he's saying is that they're putting the bulk of the focus where they make the most money.

I'm predicting a very short life for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    None of which says they're deliberately trying to sabotage the brand, either. All he's saying is that they're putting the bulk of the focus where they make the most money.
    Actually, offing the X-Man with the most selling power(Wolverine) -- their Spiderman, as it were -- does rather speak of them sabotaging the brand, at least if they leave him dead. Some hardcore fans may be sick of him due to his poor characterization and over-saturation since Schism, but he's still a character every kid knows and probably the top X-Men character that new or casual readers pick the books up for. Leaving him permanently or even on a long-term basis out of the equation is very bad business sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Actually, offing the X-Man with the most selling power(Wolverine) -- their Spiderman, as it were -- does rather speak of them sabotaging the brand, at least if they leave him dead. Some hardcore fans may be sick of him due to his poor characterization and over-saturation since Schism, but he's still a character every kid knows and probably the top X-Men character that new or casual readers pick the books up for. Leaving him permanently or even on a long-term basis out of the equation is very bad business sense.
    They killed Spiderman not too long ago, were they trying to sabotage that property? Nope.

The books dealing with Wolverine's death will sell like hotcakes, that's most likely why they're killing him. The character is becoming stagnant and unlikable, why not make a quick buck off his death, give people a break from the character, and then make even more money off the books dealing with his resurrection. Seems like good business sense to me.

As for leaving Wolverine dead....you really think they're gonna permanently kill an A-lister like him?
    Last edited by sprior93; 08-01-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Great prediction. only run 101 pages already. Im so glad people are passionate enough to respond.
    “I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    Great prediction. only run 101 pages already. Im so glad people are passionate enough to respond.
    I'm frankly astounded it didn't get locked. You'd have thought the subject matter was going to be like dry kindling for a flame war.

BANNED

Sorry, bub, no cigar.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Omg This thread is 500 pages long. This was the 3rd post. Jeez.

I can't catch up to this I got link from another x-men vs inhumans thread. I read alot before commenting but I had been wondering why the X-men seems so lackluster recently. I hadn't seen all the pieces laid out like they are here.
    I'm going to say a couple things.
    Reading a lot of this It seems that the people who are in the lets say "Inhuman" camp has an argument that ranges from "Nuh-Uh!" to "You guy's are crazy conspiracy nuts" to finally "Pushing the Inhumans" is "Just teh gud biznezz".
    Its very daunting to read through because they very much again *seem!* to gush inhuman fan-boy ism. So I want to lend support to the Xmen fans that are enduring this kind of repetitive spam-like arguments. Its like the 3 points they have on loop...while every week, the x-guys are showing another example of how its horrible and sad whats being done to the characters.

Also I'm surprised at how many apologists there are. People claiming to be X-men supporters who choose to "not see it". Its like racial inequality drama being played out in a succinct medium. I know there's a segment of readers that want "change" and thats all they want, so they feel like they're "Winning" or something I don't get, but its all very thin.
    The worst thing about this is the destabilized fan base of the x-men. So take popular mutants ~ make them avengers. Vilify and/or kill the X-leaders, while making the books both unrecognizable character-wise and not particularly "good" (ymmv) story wise. All the while facing some nebulous extinction event in the form of T-mists. Inhumans poping up everywhere "PARTAKING" of the mutant conceptual space. Respect to all when I make this reference but...It makes me feel like I'm reading a parable about the native american struggle.
    So I can easily see x-fans scattered going different directions on this.
    Do you: Not buy in human books?
    Not buy the new X-books
    Stop supporting marvel books? (because its marvels lets call it "unsavory" business practice thats affecting you.)
    I don't have a good answer.
    However, I really commend you guys here at the compleX cause its a tough spot you're in. Maybe you guys can start a shared universe fan-fic or something, find some writers kickstart I don't know, but marvel doens't seem likely to fix this anytime soon. They don't profit from it. Good luck M_v
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

I will continue to support the books I enjoy or root for. I love the ultimates and people should read that it's great. I will buy EXM because I want to see them succeed and the one ray of hope I see was that mutants will eventually return to earth. That said your post was brilliant.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    if only because they want an Inhuman on hand if they ever dabble with the Invaders in other media (because no one loves red raven)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Also I'm surprised at how many apologists there are. People claiming to be X-men supporters who choose to "not see it". Its like racial inequality drama being played out in a succinct medium.
    Funny you mention that, as I often find myself feeling like I'm arguing with a racist, homophobic, creationist, climate change-denying, truther on a daily basis in the X-forum.

I go through phases of being very up-in-arms about the anti-Inhuman rhetoric, or being very lax with it and letting it slide.
    But I love the X-Men and I'm not gonna avoid the vast majority of all-around enjoyment I get out of the X-forum over an argument like this, and I'm not gonna avoid the complex either, at least not until it closes for good! That's the goal after all, and each day looks brighter and brighter IMHO; especially lately (2 movies, 2 shows, a comic/film event, toys, some other toys, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Thanks. I don't have my issue yet...
    Don't feel bad, I got it spoiled before I even made it out the door with my issue...

And I feel like most people probably did too, because everyone yelling "[SPOILER] shows back up at the end! OMG! " shouldn't be too hard to decipher. lol.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 12-23-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I don't know.

Extraordinary Member

That confirms what I have been thinking since the whole FF/X-Men getting snubbed to spite Fox talk picked up. Other people can spin it however they want, but I honestly think, that if it came down to it, if Marvel could put out however many books they decide is what they need to keep their marketshare, once they have built up enough 100% owned brands, that X-Men could be all but gone. I also think Marvel would actively try to guide readers from the X-Men to other brands through somewhat dishonest means as well.

BANNED

Default WOW...Marvel is realy Forcing US to Like Inhumans huh? ITS ALWAYS XMEN.

I find the whole thing nearly laughable than troubling if I am been honest. I have been an xmen fan for decades. no one forced me to like or read comics or watch the cartoon. I just naturally feel in love with the xmen characters and their story and I am sure it is the same for xmen fans around the world and this why xmen has lasted so long.

Inhumans is a different case. marvel basically is forcing people to like it. they are shoving it down people's throats, they want people to accept inhumans as their new it thing by fire by force and this is why I feel inhumans will never reached the height of xmen from an artistic point.

xmen was the product of great story, great characters, great universe, great mythology and so much more.

Inhumans will be the product of the Disney marketing machine.

if marvel thinks destroying gxmen will make me all of a sudden like inhumans, I can guarantee that the opposite is the truth.

I came to this theory that marvel is forcing inhumans down people throats when I saw one of their secret war covers on MEDUSA's LEG on Cyclops face....really?

in.jpg

the cover is a foreshadowing of what marvel wants to do with xmen, the want inhumans to destroy xmen and then take xmen's place but that could and would never happen.
    in.jpg
    regardless of what marvel does to xmen. XMEN LIVES. The series will always be a beloved classic and one of the greatest comic series of all time something Inhumans will never been even with all the Disney marketing machine and the over exposure marvel is giving it at the expense of their other superhero teams like xmen and FF4 who are clear beater teams ,. more beloved teams and more relatable teams.