Page 341 of 875 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441841 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post

What I think is dumbest is that it's yet another sausage fest, and Crystal isn't in it?
    Odd that they're ignoring the one Inhuman royal that was an actually an Avenger

And they're ignoring the young Inhumans from the Jenkins/Jae Lee maxi-series, which most would agree was the best thing to ever carry the Inhumans name. I guess we're to assume they all died in the fall of Attilan.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    Odd that they're ignoring the one Inhuman royal that was an actually an Avenger

And they're ignoring the young Inhumans from the Jenkins/Jae Lee maxi-series, which most would agree was the best thing to ever carry the Inhumans name. I guess we're to assume they all died in the fall of Attilan.
    I think the main theory as to why Crystal has been absent for so long is because she's somehow tied up with the FF rights, because it's the explanation that makes the most sense as to why she hasn't been in anything Inhuman related since they started getting their big push.

BANNED

I just tried 2 different issues of Inhumans and there's nothing X-Men about it. They both were boring too. Surprising.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    Basically 1 X-character (2 Wolverines) out of 27 characters on 2 teasers. So if we go by the teasers, that's pretty close to the percentage that we can expect.

If we're going to start guessing, I'm going with "All-New Wolverine" starring X-23, "Old Man Logan," "Deadpool," an O5 book (possibly with other characters), and "The Extraordinary X-Men."

I'll guess there will be 2 additional X-Related books, whatever they might be.

So 7 out of 60.
    Makes me wonder what happens to the JGS staff - Storm, Rachel, Beast, Iceman and the such.

Would be too much to ask, I guess, that they be on the same team as Cyclops again.

Extrodinary X-Men has me assume it'll have a horrid lube up as its sold as a never before seen thing di that immediately makes me believe we won't see any fan favorites in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I just tried 2 different issues of Inhumans and there's nothing X-Men about it. They both were boring too. Surprising.
    They are using the same plight as the X-Men "the world hates us for our powers and being different" while some Inhumans feel they are the next step in evolution. Sound familiar?

No one said the series was good. You finding it boring is probably the best compliment it's gotten in this thread. I read the first 6 issues of the series written by Soule, I got it strictly because I like him but it was apparent his writing seems stuck on a track that Marvel wants him to follow. Still gave it a chance. I wanted to like the Inhumans. I know Marvel is pushing them to the moon (no pun intended) and I figured it would be nice to get onboard and enjoy it. It's impossible to enjoy. Just a terrible, extremely clichéd story.

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    They are using the same plight as the X-Men "the world hates us for our powers and being different" while some Inhumans feel they are the next step in evolution. Sound familiar?

No one said the series was good. You finding it boring is probably the best compliment it's gotten in this thread. I read the first 6 issues of the series written by Soule, I got it strictly because I like him but it was apparent his writing seems stuck on a track that Marvel wants him to follow. Still gave it a chance. I wanted to like the Inhumans. I know Marvel is pushing them to the moon (no pun intended) and I figured it would be nice to get onboard and enjoy it. It's impossible to enjoy. Just a terrible, extremely clichéd story.
    Soule wrote the Death of Wolverine series yeah? Thought that was a massive let down particularly the last two issues. Not a fan of his writing.

BANNED

I think Ewing would be a good X-writer. I like his stuff a lot.

Keep Matt Kindt away. I've hated everything he's written.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Soule wrote the Death of Wolverine series yeah? Thought that was a massive let down particularly the last two issues. Not a fan of his writing.
    McNiven's art was nice at least.

But yeah, Soule's story was a huge let down, it never addressed why Logan didn't put on that hideous armored costume Anka designed for him (Sabertooth calls him out on it once, and that's it?) how Viper so easily caught Sabertooth and why Logan went out so easily after facing far more impossible odds in the past.

it is no coincidence that the man charged with ushering in these inhuman is the same one tasked with killing off our most-iconic x-men.

Didn't he also sign an exclusive contract with marvel last year.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Makes me wonder what happens to the JGS staff - Storm, Rachel, Beast, Iceman and the such.

Would be too much to ask, I guess, that they be on the same team as Cyclops again.
    My guess is most of the major X-Men will all be stuffed into one non-O5 X-Book, whether it is actually the "Extraordinary X-Men" on another planet, or something else.

A question now is, if the Off-World X-Men actually happens, will satellite books (if there are any) feature different teams/characters on the new planet, or mutants left behind on earth.

I think the O5 and X-23 are gonna stay behind on earth, and almost everyone else is getting shipped off.

Xtraterrestrial X-Men

10char

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Xtraterrestrial X-Men

10char
    X-Men: X-traterrestrial X-odus
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

BANNED

So how far do you think Marvel will go to replace the X-MEN with the Inhumans? I mean there launching the Uncanny Inhumans, so there not above stealing the X-MEN tag-name. I know that Uncanny Avengers did it, but at least that book using it makes sense.

BANNED

Yeah, but again - he's told he has 4 issues to figure out a way for Logan to die.

I agree his Marvel work has been pretty bad. But his DC stuff - Swamp Thing, Red Lanterns, I loved everything he did for DC and his indie book, Letter 44, has been very good as well. Maybe he's just not being given the freedoms he had at DC or maybe he just doesnt translate well to Marvel type of story-telling.