Page 504 of 875 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

BANNED

I liked the Inhumans until Marvel started turning them into X-men knockoffs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Don't have a vendetta, just feel now isn't the time to start the push yet. Karnak getting a solo 4 years before he might appear in movie seems illfated.
    considering how... inconsistent the various attempts to make the inhumans relevant have been over the decades regarding characterization (eg the alpha primitives, the caste system, their approach to the more monstrous changes wrought by the mists*, their place in the pecking order etc) the idea seems to be push a, if not iron-fistedly unified then at least consistent, broad push to build up potential storylines for both the inhuman movie and AoS to buffet from...

... which will all essentially be for nought if feige goes with, say, the marvel knights approach

*remember when the royal family's reasons for domino masks was because they were still too close to baseline after the change?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

No bias just pointing out to those that claim X-books were not selling well being the reason that the X-men now have less books,while the Inhumans that were selling less than some X-books got rewarded with more books.

I understand what he was implying,i'm not sure if you are misunderstanding Faboulous Max, he is implying that Marvel Comics is lowering production of X-men merchandise because Fox owns the X-men.He believes that Marvel Comics is mainly concerned about movie products and that they are willing to lower production on X-men merchandise that they can make a 100% profit off because they don't have the movie rights to the X-men that they sold off decades ago. This conflicts with everything Marvel has been saying. Here is a quote from Axel Alonso from NYCC 2015. A Attendee asked how hard is it to resist returning back to the status quo with the IPs appearing in other media. Alonso says not hard... the studios follow them. Marvel does what Marvel does. This is not about them using comics to raise awareness for a potential franchise, Max is stating and i agree with him to a extant that Marvel is lowering the amount of X-men merchandise because they basically are the movie rivals of Marvel Studios and they do not want to promote their rivals.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Likewise. ... *sigh*
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I know that it's hard to see a distinction between mutants and NuHumans at face-value, but there really are some pretty distinct differences. They're like a sub-species of the traditional Inhumans, who are still very much the same as they've always been - just the NuHuman outbreak has them stuck dealing with it on Earth.

NuHumans and mutants share the fact that they were once everyday normal people who evolve via power encoded in their DNA. Mutants are discriminated against, but NuHumans are liberated by their fellow traditional Inhumans, and not all choose to take refuge in New Attilan or take an Inhuman name. And not all are deemed worthy of their new gift. There's a lot of division within the ranks of the Inhuman civilizations, but there's no real outside force against them. Their main threat is mostly political in-fighting and complications that have come along with Black Bolt's unleashing the T-bomb and how it's ultimately had a negative impact; no Inhumans have yet to understand his motivation and he obviously can't/won't tell them. He gave up the throne and everything, Medusa is the sole monarch now.

Humans have been very welcoming to Inhumans/NuHumans and their culture, even going so far as to visit New Attilan and shop in it's square. They're viewed as different from mutants who are and have commonly been considered "bad" or "other". That's the ultimate distinction in the current comics between the two races.

The way I see it, Marvel injected the ability for the Inhumans to be on Earth to fill the gap that mutants have left in the MCU. I would have preferred they did that in the movies and left the comics version alone (but at least the T-cloud has been pretty limited in it's overall effect on the world, so it doesn't outright undermine the presences of mutants in the Marvel U).

But maybe Marvel has an actual end game that will end up benefiting both Inhumans and mutants. That's my shallow hope as of right now. I don't see how things could get much worse for mutants at this point. But regardless of what happens, I don't think Inhumans have or are ever going to overtake the need or presence of mutants in this universe. And I don't get why a certain faction of X-Men diehards won't at least give the Inhumans a try (but honestly I think it boils down to them being seen as the symbol to take out frustrations with Marvel on - ultimately it is misplaced anger - like cheering when the Inhumans movie was thought to be cancelled and seeing that as a victory? How would that have been a victory for fans of either franchise?) There's room for both.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yes, i know that, the X-men didnt became popular until Claremont anyways either; but the person that we were responding clearly hates the X-men (more than any of us hates the Inhumans) and it's really infuriating, besides you should have seen his/her post before they were edited by the mods.
    If I would have seen it, I'd have joined in with you guys in defending the X-Men!
    Last edited by redrunner97; 10-11-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    But maybe Marvel has an actual end game that will end up benefiting both Inhumans and mutants. That's my shallow hope as of right now. I don't see how things could get much worse for mutants at this point. But regardless of what happens, I don't think Inhumans have or are ever going to overtake the need or presence of mutants in this universe. And I don't get why a certain faction of X-Men diehards won't at least give the Inhumans a try (but honestly I think it boils down to them being seen as the symbol to take out frustrations with Marvel on - ultimately it is misplaced anger - like cheering when the Inhumans movie was thought to be cancelled and seeing that as a victory? How would that have been a victory for fans of either franchise?) There's room for both.

http://thezodiack.tumblr.com/post/86...d-marte-gracia

I just wanted to say, especially when it was drawn by Joe Mad, that I was interesting in Inhumans... but having pretty art only goes so far. Ultimately, I feel no connection to the Inhumans franchise like I do with the X-Men franchise. I've read a bit of it, from previews, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I just can't bring myself to care about Inhumans comics.

And I feel like most x-fans feel the same way, with the true haters being a minority. I know it's a small sample size, but the results of this poll would seem to indicate that, as well, for us CBR-forum-goers:

Would you read the Inhumans books if they weren't destroying the X-Men?
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I don't think that many people here hate on the Inhumans over this x-men either.

In my case they always been just there in the MU. I know they exist and I dig Crystal well enough and have never had complaints about them appearing in the comics I do read, but nothing about them has ever made me go, "man I got to check those guys out." And most of what they're doing now doesn't stand out too much to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Likewise. ... *sigh*
    Back when Inhumans had a real identify to themselves and had enjoyable and memorable characters at center stage (Black Bolt, Karnak, Maximus, etc.) they were great and niche. But dear god, has Disney ruined them in their quest to destroy X-Men.

BANNED

So According to the rumours on Bleeding Cool (Emphasys on rumours), the deal with INhumans was that it was Perlmutter pet project, and it was only announced so Feige pet projects (Capt Marvel and Black Panther) could also be announed, and now that Perlmutter is gone Feige can drop the project, since the movie division is gonna need one billion for INfinty war I & II that money ahs come from somewhere.

Then again is a rumour, not a fact

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Well big time Hollywood talent still like X-Men. Bryan Craston revealed he wants to portray Sinister

Quote Originally Posted by fabulousmax View Post
    Well the first post I made was about how BOTH the xmen and guardians didnt get a NYCC panel while avengers did. All I said was that if the guardians didnt get one why should the xmen?
    The X-Men used to have one, and the only reason they don't now must be due to the film rights issue. The X-Men are no less popular now than they were when those panels were happening...

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Well big time Hollywood talent still like X-Men. Bryan Craston revealed he wants to portray Sinister
    Everybody knows the X-Men are where it's at. Marvel knows it, too, and that's why they're so mad...

The only time I was interested in Inhumans was with the character Crystal and her family (Quicksilver and her daughter Luna). Kinda came back years later when she had her relationship with Ronan and the complications it brought. Once that ended I lost interest. The only time I ever got excited with an inhuman character was Luna appearing in Peter David's X-Factor. After that, well you can guess what happened next. Wake me up when Crystal has her own ongoing series where she has to deal with family drama(Oh Quicksilver), guest starring Lorna because why not.

I am not sure if i should include Kamala since what draws me to her is not what species she is but her path to becoming a superhero.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Any thoughts on the announcement that Gambit will be showing up,but not in a X-book. It is stated he will have a major role in the book he will appear in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Any thoughts on the announcement that Gambit will be showing up,but not in a X-book. It is stated he will have a major role in the book he will appear in.
    Unless it's a solo I'm not interested. Marvel needs to stop sticking popular X-Men in unpopular team books...