Page 436 of 875 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdgs View Post
    I don't think the X-Men are a better role model for young women.

Then that means the powers that be have rated Laura lower than Logan? or Falcon lower than Steve Rogers? Was Rogue rated lower than Captain Marvel because she used her powers for so long? Of course not. Just like no one has rated Kitty lower than anyone. That's dumb.

And if we talk about rating lower than others, the X-powers that be have rated Kitty lower than Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Beast, Psylocke, Rogue, Storm, Gambit, Cable, Emma Frost, the list goes on...for decades. Even Jubilee rates higher than her for X-office when it comes to Wolverine sidekicks nowadays.

That was decades ago. Current Marvel is just interested in Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Wolverine and all their alternate variants.
    Mechanix was NOT decades ago.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    YAY Crystal!

How do the Rachel fans feel that Crystal now sports Rachel's trademark short do? Tacit approval that Rachel's been shelved.
    Crystal has what of Rachel's now?

They gave Rachel's short hair style to Crystal?

I hope they aren't trying to pretend that Crystal can serve as the Rachel of Inhumans as that's a seriously bad jest.

So, this thread: http://community.comicbookresources....67#post1431167
    regarding this article: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...adpool-statue/
    made me think about Deadpool status in the greater scheme of things at Marvel.

As I wrote in that thread:

Hmm, that's interesting. Could it be that Deadpool's popularity helps him avoid the limitations that affect the X-Men as a whole? If you think about it as a solo character he fills a certain niche. But X-Men as a team fill their own niche which Marvel is looking to fill with Inhumans in the future. Maybe that's why Deadpool gets a pass.
    So what do you guys think? Could it be that Deadpool (who's books don't seem to diminish) is able to avoid being controlled as much as X-Men due to Marvel having no other (MCU related) franchise that directly competes with him like how Inhumans arguably do with X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    In the case of the Inhumans, they have an MCU movie coming out as well as prominence in the MCU right now via Agents of SHIELD. While sure, you could argue that the lack of a movie coming out of Marvel Studios isn't giving Marvel Comics much motivation to push the X-Men further, it doesn't seem to be the main reason. By that logic, they should have cancelled the X-Men comics outright. Instead, Marvel's going for a "quality over quantity" approach. Okay sure, Uncanny X-Men has Greg Land (*sigh*), but they have some great talent on everything else. I'm actually looking forward to all of these books. And even for All-New X-Men, I got more hyped when Professor Thorgi described what Dennis Hopeless wrote in the Avengers Arena trade. He's a perfect fit for the approach that All-New X-Men is going for. On top of that, I'm a huge Tom Taylor fan, hence my hype for All-New Wolverine. And they got Jeff Lemire on not only Extraordinary X-Men, but Old Man Logan as well. If getting fewer X-Men comics means that we'll get better X-Men comics, sign me up.
    So wait... You're saying that Marvel probably keeps relaunching Inhumans and expanding upon them due to the upcoming movie (implying that movie rights DO affect theri decisions regarding comics) but you don't believe that movie rights situation affects comics and is the reason why X-Men sell so poorly? Aren't those claims contradicting each other a little? Either the movie rights sitation affects the decisions about comics or it doesn't.

So if X-Men as a concept really is failing then why does Marvel feel the need to replace them in the MCU with a similar concept? Could it be that they see potential in the concept but just don't want to explore that potential in X-Men due to movie rights?
    Do you really think that Marvel is honestly putting 100% of their efforts behind X-Men like they do for other franchises?

And don't you think that X-men losing many of their important members like Rogue and Kitty to other franchises also serves to diminish their sales on it's own?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Crystal has what of Rachel's now?

They gave Rachel's short hair style to Crystal?

I hope they aren't trying to pretend that Crystal can serve as the Rachel of Inhumans as that's a seriously bad jest.

The boots should have more of a heel, but she looks HOT nonetheless.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

She does look similar to Rachel but not too much like Rachel.

I like her look, I just hope they don't harden Crystal and have her act more like Rachel as well. The Inhumans needs Crystal, not Crystal trying to be Rachel.

Mechanix was NOT decades ago.
    Mechanix was a limited series starring Kitty. There was no competition. When you said 'Claremont's run' I thought you meant 'Claremont's [X-Men] run [with Kitty]. That was at least 20 years ago.

I can't wait to see how low the Inhumans books sell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    So wait... You're saying that Marvel probably keeps relaunching Inhumans and expanding upon them due to the upcoming movie (implying that movie rights DO affect theri decisions regarding comics) but you don't believe that movie rights situation affects comics and is the reason why X-Men sell so poorly? Aren't those claims contradicting each other a little? Either the movie rights sitation affects the decisions about comics or it doesn't.

So if X-Men as a concept really is failing then why does Marvel feel the need to replace them in the MCU with a similar concept? Could it be that they see potential in the concept but just don't want to explore that potential in X-Men due to movie rights?
    Do you really think that Marvel is honestly putting 100% of their efforts behind X-Men like they do for other franchises?

And don't you think that X-men losing many of their important members like Rogue and Kitty to other franchises also serves to diminish their sales on it's own?
    I don't think that the whole Fox situation is the main reason for the X-Men's diminishing prominence, but rather the general public leaning more towards the Avengers & the Guardians (basically anything MCU-related). In the case of the Inhumans, knowing what happened with the Avengers, the Guardians, & now Ant-Man, Marvel Comics is likely cashing in now while they can for the long-term. As for the X-Men, Greg Land aside, there's some great talent attached to the upcoming X-Men books, so to say that Marvel isn't trying with their books is a flat-out lie. Maybe they have less of a motivation to shove more books in our faces since Marvel Studios isn't doing a movie for the X-Men (referring back to the general public's growing preference for MCU-related content). But instead, I think the lack of an MCU film to tie into gives Marvel Comics an opportunity to do more stuff with the characters. Basically, while the X-Men are not as popular as they used to be, I do think Marvel knows that there's still a demand for the mutants (albeit a diminished demand compared to the 80's & 90's). It's just that we live in the Era of the Avengers, now. So how the X-Men are treated now isn't unlike how the Avengers were back during the X-Men's prime years. The difference here is that Marvel is giving more of an effort to get good books out for the X-Men, even if there are fewer books to sell. Though as stated earlier, the merchandise is another story.

The boots should have more of a heel, but she looks HOT nonetheless.
    Funny, people complain that female heroes have too much heel. Marvel finally listens & now you & a few others want more heel.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

what a complete crock if i have ever heard one.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Funny, people complain that female heroes have too much heel. Marvel finally listens & now you & a few others want more heel.
    I assure you, Pixie Solanas's views on heeled boots is not a reactionary development

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I don't think that the whole Fox situation is the main reason for the X-Men's diminishing prominence, but rather the general public leaning more towards the Avengers & the Guardians (basically anything MCU-related). In the case of the Inhumans, knowing what happened with the Avengers, the Guardians, & now Ant-Man, Marvel Comics is likely cashing in now while they can for the long-term. As for the X-Men, Greg Land aside, there's some great talent attached to the upcoming X-Men books, so to say that Marvel isn't trying with their books is a flat-out lie. Maybe they have less of a motivation to shove more books in our faces since Marvel Studios isn't doing a movie for the X-Men (referring back to the general public's growing preference for MCU-related content). But instead, I think the lack of an MCU film to tie into gives Marvel Comics an opportunity to do more stuff with the characters. Basically, while the X-Men are not as popular as they used to be, I do think Marvel knows that there's still a demand for the mutants (albeit a diminished demand compared to the 80's & 90's). It's just that we live in the Era of the Avengers, now. So how the X-Men are treated now isn't unlike how the Avengers were back during the X-Men's prime years. The difference here is that Marvel is giving more of an effort to get good books out for the X-Men, even if there are fewer books to sell. Though as stated earlier, the merchandise is another story.

What a load of bunk.

But based on box office return X-Men is just as popular as the MCU films? So your argument that general public prefers MCU to X-Men isn't supported by that? So what are you basing it on? The fact that Avengers sell more games, cartoons and merch? That can't be since as you've admitted yourself Marvel is clearly withholding those when it comes to X-Men so there is no fair competition.

"Look at all the talent Marvel is putting behind x-books! That shows that Marvel is trying!" I heard this same argument last time when they put Bendis on the x-books and the end result was one of the most pointless, inconsequential, awful and boring comic book runs in X-Men history. So sorry if I'm not inspired with a lot of confidence simply because we have talented people on the books. Talent means nothing if there is a constant presence of editorial and corporate meddling. And back then they tried to affirm fans that he'd be on the books for years to come but he wasn't. So anything Marvel says should be taken with a healthy dose of scepticism.

And saying that X-Men are just receiving the same treatment now that Avengers received in the 90's is also a flat-out lie. I've seen you make this same argument before. And even back then you were explained that Marvel didn't take Avengers characters and put them on X-Men books to boost the sales of X-Men books. Marvel didn't take Avengers villains and make them X-Men villains. Marvel still made an Avengers cartoon despite them being very unpopular. Where is the X-Men cartoon right now? Also Marvel didn't try to revamp the Defenders in the 90's to become the 'Earth's Mighties Heroes' in Avengers' place. Or did they? So comparing the situation of X-Men and Avengers in the 90's to their situation nowadays doesn't work because situations are completely different. In the 90's marvel still had the 100% motivation to see Avengers flourish. But now they are positioning Inhumans as the replacement X-Men so X-Men are treated as if they were competition. You can't honestly say that it's a complete coincidence that out of ALL MU properties F4 and X-Men are in the worst shape nowadays.

From what I've seen the fact that X-Men comics don't have to tie into with a movie hasn't given creators more freedom to experiment with them. It seems to have given creators the freedom to break X-Men. We haven't had proper villains in the x-books in years. How are they supposed to be superheroes if they have no villains to fight?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Has there been any other X-Books announced post secret wars?

I can only see Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men and Extraordinary X-Men. Weren't there any solos announced or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Has there been any other X-Books announced post secret wars?

I can only see Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men and Extraordinary X-Men. Weren't there any solos announced or anything?
    old man logan and wolverine are the only ones I think

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    old man logan and wolverine are the only ones I think
    oh yeah. I admit I glossed over those because I severely dislike Wolverine xD

I meant are we getting more solos for Storm, Magneto, Gambit, Cyclops etc etc There is usually one of those on the go at any given time.