Page 697 of 875 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701707747797 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    Its a Xmen First Class reference. Anyway did anyone see the top ten female Marvel characters in the Marvel Youtube channel? I was surprised Storm and Jean made the cut. Not surprisingly characters like Miss Marvel, Black Widow and Captain Marvel were ranked higher. Sue Storm did not make the list LOL.
    Thanks to Disney's "primarily target superheroes at boys" mindset, not many Marvel superheroines outside of the X-Women have exploded yet. So there's no point in denying Jean and Ororo their unarguable iconic statuses (even though Storm was not so surprisingly not as high as she should be).

I was pleasantly surprised to see Monica Rambeau make it in the Top 10 though, especially over the likes of Jessica Jones, Spider-Gwen and Squirrel Girl.

Spectacular Member

The Marvel Twitter seems to be promoting X-Men these days far more regularly than they used to.

Of course, this is probably nothing, but it's worth pointing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
    The Marvel Twitter seems to be promoting X-Men these days far more regularly than they used to. Of course, this is probably nothing, but it's worth pointing out.
    I've noticed that, too. I never re-tweet or favorite anything that's not X-Men related, but have been thier latest mutant tweets.

Spectacular Member

Parminder Nagra has been cast in Agents of Shield as an anti-inhuman politician. Seems like a Sen Kelly knockoff to me.Its only a matter of time before an act registering Inhumans is introduced on that show. I think Fox should get their lawyers ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
    The Marvel Twitter seems to be promoting X-Men these days far more regularly than they used to.

Of course, this is probably nothing, but it's worth pointing out.
    Hey, baby steps. Plus Marvel Games is at least aware that we're unhappy with the lack of mutants in recent games. Hopefully something positive comes of this in the near future.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    Hey, baby steps. Plus Marvel Games is at least aware that we're unhappy with the lack of mutants in recent games. Hopefully something positive comes of this in the near future.
    I think the biggest test will come in about three years because that's when Gazillion's 10-year license agreement for Marvel Heroes is up. They are a steady, passive money-maker for Marvel. Marvel doesn't have to do anything and Gazillion still pays them. That's as sweet a deal in business as you can get. So if Marvel wants to change that, they'll have to be insanely petty in a way that will essentially confirm an anti-mutant, anti-F4, anti-Fox sentiment. These games are not like toys. They generate MUCH more money and in a far more reliable manner. So if Marvel refuses to license their catalog to Gazillion again because they use X-men and F4 characters, then that'll be confirmation that they really are that petty. They really are that willing to sabatoge themselves to spite Fox. A lot can happen in three years, but I think this will the best way to effectively confirm Marvel's agenda.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    They are a steady, passive money-maker for Marvel. Marvel doesn't have to do anything and Gazillion still pays them. That's as sweet a deal in business as you can get.
    Keep in mind, this exact description could be used to describe Marvel's arrangement with Fox for the X-Men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Keep in mind, this exact description could be used to describe Marvel's arrangement with Fox for the X-Men movies.
    Except that Gazillion is not stopping them of creating even more money by making their own game with these characters.

Incredible Member

Except that Fox's movies take away dollars from Marvel movies.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Except that Gazillion is not stopping them of creating even more money by making their own game with these characters.
    That's true and I point I hadn't considered. I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    That I disagree with. It limits Marvel somewhat creatively, but I don't think Marvel is hurt financially by having to use slightly different characters and comic book movies are not a zero sum game. Provided they're appropriately spaced, good superhero movies actually help each other overall rather than hurt them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    How do the do that? Marvel makes money on them without having to promote or do anything. They spend no money on them but get paid a portion by doing nothing.

That's true, but the revenue from a movie is very finite and brief. Once the movie is out of theaters, it really stops making money for Marvel. The model with a game is different. It's one of those things where if it's done well and constantly improves, the amount of revenue goes up steadily. And unlike movies, the upkeep for a game is somewhat less. Game developers are paid far less than big name actors like Hugh Jackman. Also, Marvel does have to verify scripts and coordinate with Fox to some degree. So there is some effort on their part. Much less so with a game, especially one like Marvel Heroes that relies so heavily on microtransactions.

It's as sweet a deal as any company can hope for, giving permission and then just letting the money pour in. If Marvel gives up THAT, then you know they're being obscenely petty. No more conspiracy theory needed. It will be confirmed after that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think the biggest test will come in about three years because that's when Gazillion's 10-year license agreement for Marvel Heroes is up. They are a steady, passive money-maker for Marvel. Marvel doesn't have to do anything and Gazillion still pays them. That's as sweet a deal in business as you can get. So if Marvel wants to change that, they'll have to be insanely petty in a way that will essentially confirm an anti-mutant, anti-F4, anti-Fox sentiment. These games are not like toys. They generate MUCH more money and in a far more reliable manner. So if Marvel refuses to license their catalog to Gazillion again because they use X-men and F4 characters, then that'll be confirmation that they really are that petty. They really are that willing to sabatoge themselves to spite Fox. A lot can happen in three years, but I think this will the best way to effectively confirm Marvel's agenda.
    I'd like to think that Marvel & Fox would have buried the hatchet by then, but that's just me being optimistic.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

BANNED

That's true, but the revenue from a movie is very finite and brief. Once the movie is out of theaters, it really stops making money for Marvel. The model with a game is different. It's one of those things where if it's done well and constantly improves, the amount of revenue goes up steadily. And unlike movies, the upkeep for a game is somewhat less. Game developers are paid far less than big name actors like Hugh Jackman. Also, Marvel does have to verify scripts and coordinate with Fox to some degree. So there is some effort on their part. Much less so with a game, especially one like Marvel Heroes that relies so heavily on microtransactions.

It's as sweet a deal as any company can hope for, giving permission and then just letting the money pour in. If Marvel gives up THAT, then you know they're being obscenely petty. No more conspiracy theory needed. It will be confirmed after that.
    It's great that you have a 3 year plan. LOL

Im pretty sure that people is going to keep insisting that it's just paranoid.