Page 629 of 875 FirstFirst ... 129529579619625626627628629630631632633639679729 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Inhumans have been put into the situation where they HAVE to exterminate an entire species to save another. And can you really blame them for picking their own species as the one that gets to live?
    burning the terrigene out of the air would NOT exterminate the inhumans LOL. it would just prevent any inhumans from going through terrigenesis which is their religion.

they are not dependent on terrigen gas for survival. they WORSHIP it like it's their savior. mutants and other humans however, are susceptible to the gas and it is known to maim, disfigure, and kill them!

the inhumans are choosing their religion and super powers over the lives of the rest of planet earth. the only race at risk of extermination here are the mutants who are poisoned to death by this toxic chemical day by day.

every day they let this gas hang in the air without doing anything about it, they show how evil they truly are.

they are the face of pure evil. and marvel are promoting them like saints in their own franchise.
    Last edited by AcesX1X; 03-04-2016 at 07:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    There is no Inhuman threat to replace the X-Men!!

The Inhuman books are exploring different themes, they aren't stealing ANYTHING from the X-Men; the fact that so many X-fans are apparently under this impression shows both ignorance and lack of respect for the X-Men themselves. Conflating characters like Prof. X and Gorgon is unwarranted and an insult to the rich history of both of them, as individual characters that have existed for over half a century.

The only real-world threat the X-Men are facing by Inhumans is that the InBooks are being written better. And that sucks, but lets channel our collective frustration to get GOOD X-books instead of tearing down a franchise that is being written well, out of misdirected frustration and jealousy. It's beyond petty and won't solve anything.
    What's your excuse for Medusa being such a raging bitch? I mean, do you think her statement that HER people's religion is worth more than the lives of mutants was in good nature?
    Last edited by Complexed; 03-04-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Inhumans have been put into the situation where they HAVE to exterminate an entire species to save another. And can you really blame them for picking their own species as the one that gets to live?
    So we're just gonna forget that X-Men were placed in a similar situation in AvX and were pretty much told that it wasn't worth the risk and to just lay there and die out?

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    What's your excuse for Medusa being such a raging bitch? I mean, do you think her statement that HER people's religion is worth more than the lives of mutants?
    That's a direct message from editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Surely it was clear they are saying the inhumans are here to stay and it is not a temporary situation the same about the inhuman mist around the planet that will not change anytime soon.

To tell the truth I think understand the position of Medusa but certainly not act like an arrogant jerk when talking to potential allies.

I wonder how mutants and Inhumans will interact in Civil War II?

I don't have a picture, but I recently saw a new poster for Marvel comics (you know, a group thing with a crapload of characters) and the X-Men and Fantastic Four were left out. Black Bolt's dog was even on there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    So we're just gonna forget that X-Men were placed in a similar situation in AvX and were pretty much told that it wasn't worth the risk and to just lay there and die out?
    my dawwwg Cyke
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

they are the face of pure evil. .
    Demonize an entire community?
    Be sensible. This kind of talk really diminishes the argument of this thread's intention.
    Its Trumpy.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-04-2016 at 09:30 AM.

BANNED

I'll give Synapse a pass since she stood up to that shitty queen.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

So the Inhumans are allowed to release a toxic death cloud over the Earth that harms it's inhabitants. How does this make them any better than any vilian that has tried to exterminate lifeforms on Earth.The Inhumans are far worse than most threats on the planet at the moment.Whether it was intended or not is of little consequence,Medusa has made it clear that their Eugenicist Dogma is much more important than all other lifeforms on Earth.The Inhumans are a group of royals that care only about themselves.The Inhumans are not heroes they are the complete opposite.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 03-04-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

What's your excuse for Medusa being such a raging bitch? I mean, do you think her statement that HER people's religion is worth more than the lives of mutants?
    I call it part of a story and Medusa is a bitch, that's kinda her thing... But the Inhumans don't have a "religion", the use of that word is proof that if one complexer says it, this thread has a way of regurgitating the same faux-point over and over until it become a fact even when it's not. It also proves my point that most of my fellow complexers are so disconnected to what is actualy going on in the Inhumans books that they've created some fantasy of how the Inhumans are being morphed into the X-Men. It's absurd, but since no one will read the books I completely understand how it's happening.

But if you really wanted to know what I think about her retort to Synapse, you'd have read the post I made about it on the last page.
    Don't worry, I'll quote it here for you:

Firstly, Inhumans aren't just powered people like mutants. They're a millennia-old civilization with their own distinct culture, traditions, and societal hierarchy. Their entire world is designed to function only with terrigenesis and only with powers (from the lowest class to the highest). Terrigenesis is seen as the true form, the final form of life. It's their heredity and without the mists individuals would be deprived of heredity, therefore deprived of meaningful life as an Inhuman --not just deprived of life with powers. It's much more than that, and it's the most important thing in the entire universe to the Inhuman people. It's the one constant in a world full of variables. To suggest she would erradicate it without at least TRYING to find a neutral solution that would save mutants -and not essentially exterminate Inhumanity in the process- is not radical, nor should it be controversial. She is a Queen of an empire that's been around since pre-historic times and she cannot simply allow it to end because of what amounts to an insignificant blip on the millions of years old timeline of Inhuman society. The importance of terrigenesis must be measured with the lens that everyone in her society is powered, and thus they're not "super heroes" in the tradition, cookie-cutter sense. Inhumans are more than just people with powers, the powers MAKE the person.

Secondly, Queen Medusa absolutely does care about mutants and their plight. She left her husband and king, Black Bolt, because of the T-Cloud and the seemingly blatant disrespect of the terrigen he showed by using in as a bomb instead of as a birthright. The Inhuman people are split on the matter, still respecting their King but also feeling betrayed by him. This plays into mutants because they are embarrassed as a society to have caused the T-Cloud, and they are empathetic of what mutants are going through and feel deeply responsible (and guilty) for the current stage of mutant suffering. She has opened Attilan and every advanced resource they have to a mutant; Beast, in an attempt to resolve the M-pox and the cloud itself in a way that respects both sides of this argument. How is that suddenly viewed as uncaring? The fact that terrigen is considered the most sacred thing in the universe to be preserved by Inhumans at all cost is not news, it's been cannon since the 60's. Inhumans will do everything in their power to save both themselves and mutants (emphasis on the "and"), but you can't seriously expect Queen Medusa (or any Queen) to voluntarily allow for her people die off in the process.

Thirdly, if the shoe were on the other foot and mutants had accidentally poisoned Inhumans, of course they'd feel bad about it. How could they not? But they would not trade their lives (and the very existence of every mutants to ever come) in order to save Inhumanity and that's perfectly fine, expected, and acceptable. Why would they when they can seek out a neutral solution to appease all sides? That's what anyone would do. A bipartisan solution (like discovering a way to replicate terrigen, finding more terrigen crystals, or extracting the terrigen from the T-Cloud), one that doesn't kill off "them or us" shouldn't be controversial. The Inhumans have done nothing wrong, and while this senseless villainization of them does rile up the complex base, it's unwarranted and almost always factually inaccurate to the story or elements working in the real world, outside of said stories. Neither side wants anyone else to die! Medusa and Storm shared the notion that they're sick to death of all this death.
    Furthermore I don't get how anyone thinks the Inhumans are replacing the X-Men. They aren't treading over any ground of the X-Men and they're in their own corner of the Marvel U. Just because they're having a conflict IN-STORY doesn't mean they're literally replacing them in any way.

I mean, seriously, there are two Wolverines, two Angels, two Beasts, and two Icemen! If Marvel was gonna completely uproot the X-Men to position the Inhumans as the new mutants, why would they have multiple incarnations of them running all over the universe? This is just an inflated conspiracy theory to somehow explain away the fact that Marvel is developing properties they fully own outside of comics, while simultaneously sidelining the X-Men. The two are related, but one is not causing the other; why is that so difficult to grasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Surely it was clear they are saying the inhumans are here to stay and it is not a temporary situation the same about the inhuman mist around the planet that will not change anytime soon.

To tell the truth I think understand the position of Medusa but certainly not act like an arrogant jerk when talking to potential allies.

I wonder how mutants and Inhumans will interact in Civil War II?
    Technically she didn't say it to any mutant, she said it to Synapse who was being a bit bitchy herself, since we're throwing that word around. But just like Medusa, Synapse's bitchiness was justified. Medusa helped Hellion, why is that being overlooked? She took him to their highly advanced hospital. Maybe he'll even be the key to finding a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    burning the terrigene out of the air would NOT exterminate the inhumans LOL. it would just prevent any inhumans from going through terrigenesis which is their religion.

they are not dependent on terrigen gas for survival. they WORSHIP it like it's their savior. mutants and other humans however, are susceptible to the gas and it is known to maim, disfigure, and kill them!

the inhumans are choosing their religion and super powers over the lives of the rest of planet earth. the only race at risk of extermination here are the mutants who are poisoned to death by this toxic chemical day by day.

every day they let this gas hang in the air without doing anything about it, they show how evil they truly are.

they are the face of pure evil. and marvel are promoting them like saints in their own franchise.
    You sound like the same type of person who would decided to build giant a robot to control mutants... I suppose that's the grand irony in this situation.

And again, humans aren't being affected by terrigen. NuHumans aren't ever human, from birth to death. They're a separate species before the mists, after the mists, and if they never go through the mists.

You'd know that if you actually familiarized yourself with the Inhumans, but nooooooo. Like those ignorant racists who hate ____(insert minority here)_____; many are unwilling to even try and see things from any persepective other than JUST one side. Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, both sides have extremely valid points? Mutants and Inhumans are both complex group and there's no one consensus among either of them. And neither are completely right. That's the point of complex story telling!!

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Statements like this make it virtually impossibly for any of you to defend this Inhuman hatespeech as anything more than a conspiracy!

That's sad, because this thread could do a lot of good for the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I don't have a picture, but I recently saw a new poster for Marvel comics (you know, a group thing with a crapload of characters) and the X-Men and Fantastic Four were left out. Black Bolt's dog was even on there.
    And that sucks. It does. Anyone would say it does. And Marvel should absolutely stop this petty seclusion of the Fox properties.

BUT the implication along with it that somehow the Inhumans don't deserve to be on the poster is boggling! Why can't BOTH be on the damn poster?

Lockjaw has been around for 50 years. Why can't this thread advocate that "Black Bolt's dog", Storm, Groot, Mr. Fantasic, Vision, you name it all have a place in every poster?

I do think it's important to point out these injustices, but everyone saying "they even included Inhumans" like THAT is the scandalous part, every time a poster comes out, is ridiculous! The part that should be forefront is how the X-Men WEREN'T included. That's what should be focused on, not making everything about the Inhumans all the time. It's a villainization that has to stop or it's going to just keep tainting the complex movement, which could actually help us do a ton of good for the X-books!

I'll give Synapse a pass since she stood up to that shitty queen.
    Your judgement of Medusa aside, you should really look into more Inhumans. Princess Crystal, who has a half-mutant daughter, practically hates Black Bolt for unleashing the T-Cloud. It's not like these topics aren't be explored in the Inhumans books, not that many of you would know.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

Yes, while the X-Men wanted peaceful co-existent and were willing to sacrifice themselves to defend the humans, Medusa and the Inhumans are good with everyone else just getting ill and dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    So the Inhumans are allowed to release a toxic death cloud over the Earth that harms it's inhabitants. How does this make them any better than any vilian that has tried to exterminate lifeforms on Earth.The Inhumans are far worse than most threats on the planet at the moment.Whether it was intended or not is of little consequence,Medusa has made it clear that their Eugenicist Dogma is much more important than all over lifeforms on Earth.The Inhumans are a group of royals that care only about themselves.The Inhumans are not heroes they are the complete opposite.
    Inhumans didn't release anything.

ONE Inhuman....ONE released the terrigen bomb. ONE.
    He did so without permission or consultation.

ONE person's actions should never result in condemning an entire community that individual is associated with.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

And that one Inhuman (and his crazy brother, Maximus) did it to save the planet from Thanos and had no knowledge of any mutant implications or repercussions, and has opened every resource his people have a mutant (Beast) to help solve it!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Your judgement of Medusa aside, you should really look into more Inhumans. Princess Crystal, who has a half-mutant daughter, practically hates Black Bolt for unleashing the T-Cloud. It's not like these topics aren't be explored in the Inhumans books, not that many of you would know.
    No chance in hell. and for the record, I don't think they are replacing the X-Men. Nothing will ever be able too. And no one is claiming ALL the Inhuman's agree on everything. It's just easier to say "Inhumans" than "all the Inhumans but Crystal and sometimes Lockjaw". And yes, I know there are multiple of some X-Characters and I hate that concept. Stop bringing it up. I am also quite capable of reading this site if I want to know what's happening in Inhuman, and I do occasionally look if I feel like boring myself to tears. I'm not interested in their plight. I'm not interested in Marvel promoting them as a new franchise and I do feel slighted that the X-Men have been cut back in almost all form of media. Is it the Inhuman's fault? Well they are fictional, so it can't be. But I'm not interested in the group of characters that are being set up as an antagonist to the X-Men. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

I DON'T THINK THE INHUMANS ARE THE X-MEN, IF I DID, I WOULD LIKE THEM AND READ THEIR COMIC.