Page 631 of 875 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,465 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    But that's just it. Non-powered Inhumans aren't "people". Inhuman life begins with terrigenesis, that's the crux of Inhuman culture.

It's kinda hypocritical that the new consensus in this thread over the last two day is now that Inhumans should allow their own extinction so mutants won't go extinct, which is counter-intuitive to the argument being made against Inhumans for months now.
    The Mutants have already been steralized, so I don't know how Beast plans to fix that. The Inhumans can continue to have regular babies that go through terrigenesis. Some Inhumans have chosen not to in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    Medusa - "Hold on guys, I need more superpowered hair, sorry if you die while I trust Beast (the biggest screw up in the Marvel Universe) to solve the problem my ex-husband and former leader of our people made! Don't worry, if all the mutants die, Beast will go back in time and replace with versions who don't remember what a big douche he is!"
    he's not even working to solve the problem. she's tasked him with treating the symptom, not the cause.

But that's just it. Non-powered Inhumans aren't "people". Inhuman life begins with terrigenesis, that's the crux of Inhuman culture.
    Okay, I guess it's cool to let people keep dying, then. Cause they're racist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    he's not even working to solve the problem. she's tasked him with treating the symptom, not the cause.
    Oh I see, so she can take over the pharmaceutical world for the Inhumans and make everyone rely and bow down to her demands. What a tyrant.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

seriously? how much inhumans have you actually read over the years? terrigenesis is NOT the crux of the inhuman life.

many inhumans over the centuries make the conscious choice to NOT undergo terrigenesis. even members of the sacred royal family. choosing to undergo terrigenesis was some religious thing that was done on a person-by-person basis with careful thought.

it doesn't make them any less than inhuman.
    First of all, I don't see why you're resorting to questioning my fandom just because we disagree on this issue. I've been called not a real X-fan several times, now I'm apparently not a real Inhumans fan either...

Secondly, how can you say it's not the crux of Inhuman life? The lives of Inhumans lead up to the point of terrigenesis. It's the most important part of being Inhuman, and yes, while some have chosen not to embrace their heredity, most do. And those who don't have been viewed as social outcasts or defective in some manner - - so yes, it does make them "less Inhuman".

for someone who professes to love the inhumans so much, you have a fatal misunderstanding of inhuman culture.

the gasses are not essential to their survival. they are essential to their culture as it exists today.

and since they've been introduced, the process of terrigenesis has always been a VOLUNTARY procedure, and not taken on by all members of the inhuman society.

that's it. but as you see, their culture has already undergone a massive shift.

making claims that they need it to survive borders at best on the woefully inaccurate.
    The Inhuman Empire cannot exist as it does now without terrigen, it's the thing that makes them unique, they're a race where powered people greatly outnumber the unpowered. It's an inverse of the Marvel Universe itself, where only a rare few are powered.

the fact that this needs to be explained to you says it all in terms of the usefulness of this debate.
    Nothing needs to be explained to me, I know exactly what I'm talking about. You're the one who seems to be confused about the Inhumans.

Anyone who would say terrigenesis isn't the center of Inhuman life is just factually incorrect. Your gift dictates your place in Inhuman society, it's the most important element of their society. In fact, it IS their society.

But we do agree on one thing: this debate is useless.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

Secondly, how can you say it's not the crux of Inhuman life? The lives of Inhumans lead up to the point of terrigenesis. It's the most important part of being Inhuman, and yes, while some have chosen not to embrace their heredity, most do. And those who don't have been viewed as social outcasts or defective in some manner - - so yes, it does make them "less Inhuman".
    Wow, calling the social outcasts of a group "defective" and "less than" the rest? Seems to me like these non-powered Inhumans are the mutants of their world and clearly the Inhuman's think less of them. Seem's like these powered, bigoted "Inhumans" are very "Human" to me.

Please continue though, everything you've said just makes them seem worse and worse from condemning mutants to death so they can have power to them looking down on their own non-powered members.
    Last edited by Complexed; 03-04-2016 at 10:41 AM.

the inhumans who undergo terrigenesis do not cast out the ones who choose not to.

they live in harmony with each other. once again, not undergoing terrigenesis does not make them any less inhuman than their people who choose to do it.

karnak for example, did not undergo terrigenesis.

the only 'outcasts' in the inhuman society are the alpha primitives - inhumans who go through terrigenesis and get devolved into mindless slavelike beings.

And that one Inhuman (and his crazy brother, Maximus) did it to save the planet from Thanos and had no knowledge of any mutant implications or repercussions, and has opened every resource his people have a mutant (Beast) to help solve it!
    Would not be so sure about Maximus.
    I would not trust him if my life depends of it.

The situation at the moment between mutants and inhumans only get worse until the true causes involving the change in inhuman mist be revealed unfortunately.

It would help if BB had at least a trial or anything like that because losing the crown seems more a move to distract opponents as he continues behind the scenes pulling the strings acting in the shadows.

Will leave one thing clear not hate Inhumans or want them to die but hate this situation while mutants are being hunted and killed and thrown into pits in Europe have to read about how the Inhumans lament the situation but will not help to eliminate the mist as it has a sacred significance to them.

Not exactly the best kind of argument to use for more than understand their side.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Wow, calling the social outcasts of a group "defective" and "less than" the rest? Seems to me like these non-powered Inhumans are the mutants of their world and clearly the Inhuman's think less of them. Seem's like these powered, bigoted "Inhumans" are very "Human" to me.

Please continue though, everything you've said just makes them seem worse and worse from condemning mutants to death so they can have power to them looking down on their own non-powered members.
    the inhumans who undergo terrigenesis do not cast out the ones who choose not to.

they live in harmony with each other. once again, not undergoing terrigenesis does not make them any less inhuman than their people who choose to do it.

karnak for example, did not undergo terrigenesis.

the only 'outcasts' in the inhuman society are the alpha primitives - inhumans who go through terrigenesis and get devolved into mindless slavelike beings.
    You guys are still thinking of them as a super-friends "team" or something. They're not super heroes, they are just regular citizens who happen to be royalty. The Royal Family is considered no more "super" than Inhuman maids, chefs, or bus drivers would be. That's the appeal, they're a completely different take on the premise of having super powers.

Inhumans are an ancient empire of powered people, where being powered is as normal as eating breakfast. It's only natural that people would be branded "freaks" for not having powers, just like it's only natural that humans would be fearful of powered people. Doesn't make it right though, and the Royal Family doesn't condone the treating of non-powereds as outcasts, they care about all their millions of subjects. Lord Karnak of the Royal Family isn't powered, yet he is still highly viewed although he has struggled with feeling lesser than his brother or others in his society because of being denied terrigenesis.

As for the argument you're making about harmonious living, yes they live in harmony (meaning without violence, in relative peace) with non-powered Inhumans (of which there are comparatively fewer), but Inhuman society is a caste system where people are ranked based on their powers. Having no powers automatically puts you at a disadvantage and, thus, at the bottom of the caste. This is basic Inhuman knowledge and has been explored in almost every Inhumans book to date, but most famously in Jenkins/Lee's run in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Would not be so sure about Maximus.
    I would not trust him if my life depends of it.
    Neither would I, it wouldn't surprise me if he tainted the mists somehow without the King's knowledge before Black Bolt detonated the bomb.

Won't undo the hate Inhumans have racked up though.

Marvel really blew it by making putting them at odds as the first story in their Inhumans push. Can we all at least agree on that? lol
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

As for the argument you're making about harmonious living, yes they live in harmony (meaning without violence, in relative peace) with non-powered Inhumans (of which there are comparatively fewer), but Inhuman society is a caste system where people are ranked based on their powers. Having no powers automatically puts you at a disadvantage and, thus, at the bottom of the caste. This is basic Inhuman knowledge and has been explored in almost every Inhumans book to date, but most famously in Jenkins/Lee's run in the 90's.
    show me any examples of where the inhumans ostracise other inhumans based on the fact that they didn't undergo terrigenesis. it is not a requirement that they do so. and as you've admitted, it is certainly not essential to their very survival.

even royal family members choose not to undergo terrigenesis. karnak sits on the royal council, and he made the choice to not undergo terrigenesis. it didn't cause him to fall in rank within the caste system. luna, crystal's daughter, was meant to NOT undergo terrigenesis ever, and that would not have ostracised her. the only reason luna went through terrigenesis is because quicksilver violated an agreement between him and his estranged wife!

case in point, the nuhuman. their inhuman genetics have carried on through the generations with a complete lack of terrigen corruption. taking away the terrigen out of the atmosphere will not change that.

what will change unless someone cleans the pollution in the atmosphere is all the mutants around the planet who are trying to survive and not die.

the inhumans religious hangups are not more valuable than the lives of all the mutants on the planet!

marvel treating them as any sort of equals (or shining the inhuman in a positive light) only reinforces the so-called "persecution" complex.

applied in any logical setting, a cult of people prioritizing their religious beliefs over those of actual living beings survival would be the height of evil and would be dealt with using nothing less than extreme prejudice.

BANNED

You guys are still thinking of them as a super-friends "team" or something. They're not super heroes, they are just regular citizens who happen to be royalty. The Royal Family is considered no more "super" than Inhuman maids, chefs, or bus drivers would be. That's the appeal, they're a completely different take on the premise of having super powers.
    No, No we are not. I don't ever think them of them as a "team" and never have I stated otherwise. You keeping insisting we don't know or understand what the Inhumans are when we actually do.

Inhumans are an ancient empire of powered people, where being powered is as normal as eating breakfast. It's only natural that people would be branded "freaks" for not having powers, just like it's only natural that humans would be fearful of powered people. Doesn't make it right though, and the Royal Family doesn't condone the treating of non-powereds as outcasts, they care about all their millions of subjects. Lord Karnak of the Royal Family isn't powered, yet he is still highly viewed although he has struggled with feeling lesser than his brother or others in his society because of being denied terrigenesis.

This makes them pretty horrible to me. Caste systems aren't something to be looked up to or aspired in my opinion.

Marvel really blew it by making putting them at odds as the first story in their Inhumans push. Can we all at least agree on that?
    I'll agree to that. And Medusa is making things worse.
    Last edited by Complexed; 03-04-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Now that you put it that way the Inhumans follow a Dogma not that different from En Sabah Nur. Also most Inhumans are naturally born with abilities that are more advanced than normal humans.The terrigenesis is a enhancement it is not a necessity to Inhuman survival.

not the entire community, the ones in attilan. the ones who are prioritizing their religious beliefs over the lives of innocent people.
    This essential clarification is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Now that you put it that way the Inhumans follow a Dogma not that different from En Sabah Nur. Also most Inhumans are naturally born with abilities that are more advanced than normal humans.The terrigenesis is a enhancement it is not a necessity to Inhuman survival.
    all inhumans are born with enhanced physical strength, stamina, and resistance to injury. the ones who go through the gasses get something extra. but it certainly doesn't make the other ones "less than" as some would have you believe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    This has been previously explored in an X-Factor arc back in the day when the O5 made up the team. I'm sure the Inhuman books will try to cash in on this X-Men villain again though.