Page 551 of 875 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

BANNED

just thought id way in with a little sales info and a few tidbidts i heard,,,,our store today sold around 55 copies of all new x-men and about 50 copies of ex x-men.... as for all new inhumans no lie when i tell you we barely sold 10 copies. We had a few regulars shaking their head on why there is another 2nd inhumans book for no reason a few others that said without the mcniven art and a 4.99 price point no chance, You saw how marvel made sure to put out the press release about the important spider man apperance in issue 5 for march beacuse this is only what i heard is the number preorder wise came in very low for all new inhumans one and the drop to issue 2 is what my one source told me dangerously low. Marvel is still gonna promote the hell out of and mention the x-men guest stars as much as possible and no disrepect to the creators would love to see asmus on a x-type book again but hopefully they end this travesty by issue 6

Quote Originally Posted by bishop88 View Post
    just thought id way in with a little sales info and a few tidbidts i heard,,,,our store today sold around 55 copies of all new x-men and about 50 copies of ex x-men.... as for all new inhumans no lie when i tell you we barely sold 10 copies. We had a few regulars shaking their head on why there is another 2nd inhumans book for no reason a few others that said without the mcniven art and a 4.99 price point no chance, You saw how marvel made sure to put out the press release about the important spider man apperance in issue 5 for march beacuse this is only what i heard is the number preorder wise came in very low for all new inhumans one and the drop to issue 2 is what my one source told me dangerously low. Marvel is still gonna promote the hell out of and mention the x-men guest stars as much as possible and no disrepect to the creators would love to see asmus on a x-type book again but hopefully they end this travesty by issue 6
    these sorts of reports from the front-lines are always welcome.

thank you for keeping the community updated, bishop88.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

The Inhumans suffer as Marvel is trying to create demand for them in the comics when it just isn't there. Issue is that comic readers are pretty hardcore fans and already know what they want and it's mostly Spider-Man, X-Men and the Avengers. We also aren't dumb, we see what Marvel has done to the Mutants amd their desperate Inhuman pushes.

On another note, Cyclops is hated for attacking the Inhumans over the Inhumans killing most Mutants and doing nothing about stopping the Mists. Really?

No wonder Rachel isn't chilling in limbo with those hypocrites and tools.

Marvel at least makes so much money elsewhere that they can afford to shoot themselves in the door repeatedly on pushing the Inhumans while not pushing the much demanded X-Men.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Do we really know Inhumans are suffering? Obviously the X-Men are more popular, they've been Marvel's #1 team for decades and everyone and their momma knows about them -plus they have a lot of older fans who might not buy digital copies online instead of physical ones. Whereas the Inhumans are coming to light in a more modern era where newer/younger fans (and myself, personally) almost exclusively buy comics online.

Regardless, I can't stress this enough: if the Inhumans fail it won't make the X-Men get treated any better. And it's not a "symbolic" victory either.

We need to collectively focus on organizing, doing something to maybe get Marvel's attention so we can get someone who respects the X-Men in a position to make the most of the property, not just in comics, but in other mediums as well.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

This Inhumans push needs to fall flat on its face.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Do we really know Inhumans are suffering? Obviously the X-Men are more popular, they've been Marvel's #1 team for decades and everyone and their momma knows about them -plus they have a lot of older fans who might not buy digital copies online instead of physical ones. Whereas the Inhumans are coming to light in a more modern era where newer/younger fans (and myself, personally) almost exclusively buy comics online.

Regardless, I can't stress this enough: if the Inhumans fail it won't make the X-Men get treated any better. And it's not a "symbolic" victory either.

We need to collectively focus on organizing, doing something to maybe get Marvel's attention so we can get someone who respects the X-Men in a position to make the most of the property, not just in comics, but in other mediums as well.
    Well, just check Comixology or Marvel's app. Inhumans are not even in the top 50 sold books.

Sorry but Inhumans are caught in this mess Marvel is making and I don't see this turning out good for them. It is backfiring and they are wasting the opportunity to develop a cool franchise.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

After reading Ex-Xmen ANAD X-men and ANAD Inhumans i am thinking that some X-men will become apart of a X-men + Inhuman squad. I'm starting to believe Beast is with the Inhumans to make sure they do not develop advanced weaponry to use against mutants and learn their tech. Frenzy could be working with the Inhumans to communicate with Inhumans that might be sympathetic to the X-men. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    After reading Ex-Xmen ANAD X-men and ANAD Inhumans i am thinking that some X-men will become apart of a X-men + Inhuman squad. I'm starting to believe Beast is with the Inhumans to make sure they do not develop advanced weaponry to use against mutants and learn their tech. Frenzy could be working with the Inhumans to communicate with Inhumans that might be sympathetic to the X-men. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Excuse me while I go vomit.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Beast is a traitor, that is all.

I doubt we get an Inhuman/X-Men team.

What we'll get is like the Uncanny Avengers. Pro-Avenger/Inhuman team with X-Men written as traitors who worship those that nearly wiped them out while apologizing for not going extinct as they're filthy mutants.

Oh, and randomly whining about Cyclops.

Still haven't forgiven them for what they did to Rogue.

Just throwing it out there, if the Inhumans movie is successful, then it's all over for the mutants. Much like with the Guardians, Marvel's gonna go full steam ahead once Inhumans makes bank at the box office. And given Marvel Studios' batting average with their films, I'd be concerned. All of Marvel's struggles to make the Inhumans happen will come together in the event that the Inhumans film succeeds.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

You have to consider that another book could include
    X- characters not being featured in X-books.Besides the mist thing can only last till the summer till the big event.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    Just throwing it out there, if the Inhumans movie is successful, then it's all over for the mutants. Much like with the Guardians, Marvel's gonna go full steam ahead once Inhumans makes bank at the box office. And given Marvel Studios' batting average with their films, I'd be concerned. All of Marvel's struggles to make the Inhumans happen will come together in the event that the Inhumans film succeeds.
    But the Movies have no bearing on publishing."Sarcasm"

If that happens, well, it's been a good run. I'll jump over to DC I guess. And continue to enjoy the FOX X-men films. Marvel will be dead to me.

But I don't think moderate or even wild success at the box office of an Inhumans movie will translate into comic sales, nor will it turn X-men readers into Inhumans readers. Even if they kill the X-men comics entirely. So they can keep trying to make the Inhumans happen. Doesn't seem like anyone's eating the dog food.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-02-2015 at 11:09 PM.

my goodness. i know i've been absent lately, but my head is spinning. welcome to the complex, neoxon.

BANNED

Marvel didn't destroy the X-men when guardians came out. They got some solos and a little push and kitty and the thing but their books aren't selling bigger numbers. Publishing still has to make money. They are stable and that's about it.