Page 822 of 875 FirstFirst ... 322722772812818819820821822823824825826832872 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

"Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"

They actually said this. Someone actually said this in an interview.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"

Great minds. Here's the interview with the ridiculous statement;

https://pvplive.net/c/marvel-vs-capc...-men-exclusion
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Someone was forced to say that BS, yes. It's a damn shame because none of them believe it. They're just being scapegoated by Marvel/Disney.

lol and those same fans apparently know Captain Marvel and Nova. This game is gonna be trash. I'll pass

Spectacular Member

Yeah its that phrase that I can't even comprehend. He should have just said no comment or we shall see...Instead he just embarrassed himself in trying to justify their exclusions. He is pretty much insulting Marvel fans in thinking that they are dumb enough to believe him.

I love that someone finally had to guts to ask about the Xmen and put them on the spot. I can't wait to hear the excuse from the Lego Marvel superhero guys.

Those same modern Marvel fans made Deadpool one of the highest-grossing superhero movies of all time. Seriously, that movie outgrossed every Thor movie, every Captain America movie, and the first two Iron Man movies. People remember the X-men, enough to make movie studios a lot of money. This guy isn't just wrong. He's wrong in a way that's mathematically provable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It's crap like that statement from Capcom that shows that the Complex is very much real, as if there were still any doubts.

Putting down my fanboy hat for a moment... from a business perspective, I absolutely get what Disney is trying to do with the X-Men. I might not agree with it, but I'm sure downplaying the mutants in toys, videogames and cartoons does have SOME impact on Fox's movies, keeping awareness of the characters very low. I get it. But surely that impact is ultimately only minimal on the movies' success, as most of them have ranged from profitable to very profitable.

And then on the other side, Disney has agreed to let Fox do 2 TV shows and a cartoon which are surely an excellent way to once again increase awareness of the property on television. So I wonder what Disney's endgame with all this is. I'm sure they would love to start making money with X-licensing again, as leaving it to languish doesn't really hurt their competitor much and doesn't make financial sense for them either.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    It's crap like that statement from Capcom that shows that the Complex is very much real, as if there were still any doubts.

Putting down my fanboy hat for a moment... from a business perspective, I absolutely get what Disney is trying to do with the X-Men. I might not agree with it, but I'm sure downplaying the mutants in toys, videogames and cartoons does have SOME impact on Fox's movies, keeping awareness of the characters very low. I get it. But surely that impact is ultimately only minimal on the movies' success, as most of them have ranged from profitable to very profitable.

And then on the other side, Disney has agreed to let Fox do 2 TV shows and a cartoon which are surely an excellent way to once again increase awareness of the property on television. So I wonder what Disney's endgame with all this is. I'm sure they would love to start making money with X-licensing again, as leaving it to languish doesn't really hurt their competitor much and doesn't make financial sense for them either.
    Look at what they've allowed though. All prime time shows NOT directed or created towards younger audiences. Disney and Marvel are having their cake and eating it by reaping the royalties from these licenses but are still keeping the X-Men as a whole away from the eyes of children (not creating new fans). This ensures that while interest in the property will never disappear completely, but buzz and excitement that gives movies it's "legs" is drained away. No movie makes all their money in the first weekend, but over the weeks to come. So when a string a not to great movies come down the pike, Fox will inevitably come to the table. Disney is playing a long game, something they can do. So the cake could be sweeter, but they'll take what they can until the real desert comes in.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Yesterday, Marvel Puzzle Quest asked players to take a poll about what character they'd like to see in the game. For the first time in years, X-characters were included, and quite a few at that.

Kitty
    Rogue
    Apocalypse
    Cable
    Mr. Sinister
    Emma Frost
    Gambit
    Nightcrawler
    Magik
    Dazzler
    Omega Red
    Archangel

And probably a bunch more I can't remember. For new variants, they included all the X-characters already in the game, IIRC. Doesn't mean any will actually show up, but maybe it's their way of acknowledging that players want X-characters in the game. *shrug*

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/87...astic-four.htm

Thought I'd post this here too, looks like Brevik and his team at Gazillion got into some 'hot water' over their promotion of X-Men and FF back in 2015.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Those same modern Marvel fans made Deadpool one of the highest-grossing superhero movies of all time. Seriously, that movie outgrossed every Thor movie, every Captain America movie, and the first two Iron Man movies.
    Deadpool did not make more then captain america civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Deadpool did not make more then captain america civil war.
    Well, i think that it mean only the First Avenger; because the other two are more like Avengers movies, especially civil war.

And the Complex is just made up stuff.

I feel like that may be good news for X-Men though. They're not included here, and Gazillion confirmed it's due to license changes, so maybe that + mutants showing up in Future Fight recently means they're changing things so F4 are the only banned ones on games from now on?