Page 240 of 875 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340740 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Defensive? Marvel has given information and hints to X-fans but it seems that you not want to believe it or simply want to ignore it.
    Bendis said he had big plans for the X-men. Wonder whatever happened with those. Same thing here. All we know is that they have "Big plans".

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Look we all know the X-Men will be around - what we're wondering is why we haven't heard anything about the X-Men post SW - like who's gonna be the new editor for the x-line (kinda important...)? Or what form will that team take? Bendis(?) did say it would be a whole new take on the franchise...
    "No post SW X-men titles yet, which is weird" is what I responded to... followed by a "No post-SW X-titles have been announced" in the follow-up comment.
    Not "No post SW X-Men editor" or "No post SW X-Men writer or "No post SW X-Men team line-up" who, at least to me, aren't remotely the same things.

We are allowed to speculate, right? Or are we no longer allowed to ask any normal questions without being accused of paranoia?

(Also, fans have been asking these kinds of questions long before this thread. When CC and Lee's X-Men was announced a similar thing happened. Fans always speculate over why certain things are done - it's the nature of fandom.)
    Please.
    This is a forum. Nothing short of the moderators and administrators can force you to do or not do something here, so...yeah.
    My point was, why being so insecure about the X-Men titles existence when Marvel management confirmed the X-line will still exist post-SW and the X-Men aren't going anywhere ?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Bendis said he had big plans for the X-men. Wonder whatever happened with those. Same thing here. All we know is that they have "Big plans".
    They're probably too busy finishing up the Generation X anniversary celebration that Alonso and Marts said they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    "No post SW X-men titles yet, which is weird" is what I responded to... followed by a "No post-SW X-titles have been announced" in the follow-up comment.
    Not "No post SW X-Men editor" or "No post SW X-Men writer or "No post SW X-Men team line-up" who, at least to me, aren't remotely the same things.

Please.
    This is a forum. Nothing short of the moderators and administrators can force you to do or not do something here, so...yeah.
    My point was, why being so insecure about the X-Men titles existence when Marvel management confirmed the X-line will still exist post-SW and the X-Men aren't going anywhere ?
    OK...I wasn't responding to you specifically...which is why I didn't quote you.

I said nothing about the X-Men not being around post SW.

I'm starting to think the pro-Marvel brigade are starting to get way more hyper sensitive than the pro-complexers...it's kinda funny to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They're probably too busy finishing up the Generation X anniversary celebration that Alonso and Marts said they were doing.
    LOLOLOL.....Hands down quote of the day!

You sir, deserve something awesome!

(As long as its not a GenX Anniversary issue)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 05-04-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Safe to say corporate got in the way. At this stage they don't want to promote x-men and can't have anything take away from the constant avengers lineup changes. Sabertooth is a avenger everyone is one it seems.. Its really getting sad now how much promotion and segmentation is present at marvel comics right now.
    Last edited by natevegas; 05-04-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Did I miss Brevoort retracting on the X-Men post-SW or something ? Why the sudden insecurity ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    There is speculating about the future and there simply not believing anything marvel says. They have stated there is X-men books after SW, remember Brevoort comments.

"The X-Men office is taking the opportunity of "Secret Wars" to build an entire new world for the characters — to create a shared universe within the X-books that's set off by a huge event/incident/surprise. At that point, they're going to introduce a new team that feels unlike anything you've seen before. It'll be... "extraordinary." So instead of ignoring the Extraordinary X-men that has been hinted to be happening post SW why not start talking about it.
    Did i miss the confirmation ?. Because the above part is all we have about the Post-SW X-men.

Let's remember when Bendis promised a revolution, or when we were promised a GenX anniversary issue, or when Marion Cotillard said this about the rumours that she was Talia Al Ghul:

"Otherwise, Cotillard is coy about the picture, whose storyline has fueled pages of Internet speculation. All she'll confirm is that, contrary to some fans' belief, she does not play Talia, the vengeful daughter of Liam Neeson's character, Ra's Al Ghul (who also appeared in Batman Begins), and that she takes the role of Miranda Tate, an ecologically minded businesswoman who "is fascinated by Wayne Enterprises. They go through difficulties, and she wants to help provide the world clean energies. She's a good guy." But does she stay that way? "Yes," she insists.".
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-321515?page=2

I'm starting to think the pro-Marvel brigade are starting to get way more hyper sensitive than the pro-complexers...it's kinda funny to watch...

LOLOLOL.....Hands down quote of the day!

You sir, deserve something awesome!

(As long as its not a GenX Anniversary issue)
    So now the anti-complex poster have a complex, too ?.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Oh goodness, I can see the "never before seen" team now.

No Cyclops, Rachel, Emma, Beast, Magik, Kitty, Storm, X-23, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, 05, or the such.

Only students and new characters we never heard of.... Kill the X-Men the perfect way, ditch all the real X-Men then blame the fans for not buying the books.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-04-2015 at 03:32 PM.

At this point, only 3 confirmed post Secret Wars titles. Uncanny Inhumans, ANAD Avengers, and A-Force. While nothing X-related is announced, I suspect we'll find out more soon. Along with who is taking over for Marts and any new writer(s).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    And just to avoid endless discussions on how unreasonable someone might be for speaking up: I don't loathe Marvel as a whole. For most of my life I wanted to draw for Marvel, it was a childhood dream but I don't feel like that anymore since my favorite franchise has gone from flagship franchise to redheaded stepdaughter for business reasons. (Well and I'm more into 3d animation than comic drawing these days). I enjoy the movies more these days than the books. Both the Fox and the Disney/Marvel movies. They're not perfect but i like both the Fox and Marvel movies enough that i seen most of them more than once. I love seeing all those characters from the comics come to life in life action movies.

It's also not that I don't understand Marvel's policy from a business perspective though i do believe it is bad policy because it is at least in part is because of personal preferences and grudges on the part of Quesada and Perlmutter.

But i don't have to like it. And I don't need people telling me I'm a whiner and a nagger and petty for being disgruntled at having something I used to love ruined to the point where i no longer buy the books. As a consumer I don't have to swallow their policies regarding a product that I enjoyed for 20 years and now no longer enjoy. I'm not on Marvel's board, I don't give a crap how much money they're making. I want what I want and what I want is a good x-men stories that make me want to buy the books again. My only choices aren't either buy them or shut up. I can discuss the matter, I can point out the problems i foresee. and I've been telling people this was coming years before anyone actually realized Marvel was doing this.
    At the time everyone told me i was nuts. Well no longer. Cat's out of the bag. How much the damage is going to be in the long run I don't know exactly but so far nothing that has happened since has really surprised me and my deductions for the past decade has been largely correct. I do hope the fact this has since been brought to light made Marvel realize they have to tread a little more careful.
    What fact has been brought to light that will make Marvels tread more carefully? What does tread more carefully even mean? Marvel is going to make decisions that are based on the bottom line. That's how business works. It makes perfect business sense for them to invest heavily into the IPs they own the movie rights to. Why would they make an Xmen cartoon when the can make an Avengers or GoTG cartoon sell the same amount of advertising and get young people interested in those IPs. Then those kids will want to see the movies and buy the toys and just maybe buy the comics. That's a lot of potential revenue. Yeah they could make an Xmen cartoon and get kids interested in buying toys and comics but they won't ever see the all important box office money. Not to mention the possibility of having to split revenue from merchandise. It makes much more sense to build a following for the IPs they fully own. As for the Inhumans taking the Xmens role in the movies I don't know where that's been confirmed by reputable sources but even if that were the plan I can't see it as a bad thing. Marvel pioneered using comic characters to explore social issues like racism and bigotry with the X-Men. I guess that since they can't use the X-Men they can't explore those issues in their movies? To me I don't see why that has to be the case. I feel that with all that is going on in the country and world that it would be a good thing to see these issues addressed whenever and wherever possible. If that means the Inhumans fill in for the X-Men in the MCU I don't have a problem with that. I came to comics through the X-Men cartoon and have always considered myself an Xfan. I still buy those books and see the movies. Hell I bought the 3-D blue Rayray of DoFP. But I've also found that I enjoy the Avengers books and movies. I think GoTG was the best comic book movie ever made. So I can't fault Marvel for doing what they feel is necessary to secure their long term future.
    Last edited by chaosfist; 05-04-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Ah. Questionning the Complex = "pro-Marvel brigade"... and you still wonder why some people bring up the paranoia angle so much when talking about the Complex-ers? Funny indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Did i miss the confirmation ?. Because the above part is all we have about the Post-SW X-men.

Let's remember when Bendis promised a revolution, or when we were promised a GenX anniversary issue, or when Marion Cotillard said this about the rumours that she was Talia Al Ghul:

"Otherwise, Cotillard is coy about the picture, whose storyline has fueled pages of Internet speculation. All she'll confirm is that, contrary to some fans' belief, she does not play Talia, the vengeful daughter of Liam Neeson's character, Ra's Al Ghul (who also appeared in Batman Begins), and that she takes the role of Miranda Tate, an ecologically minded businesswoman who "is fascinated by Wayne Enterprises. They go through difficulties, and she wants to help provide the world clean energies. She's a good guy." But does she stay that way? "Yes," she insists.".
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-321515?page=2

So now the anti-complex poster have a complex, too ?.
    So...Because Bendis and Marion Cotillard happened, Tom Brevoort must be lying too! is what you are implying with your comment...

Sorry Beezi, here's another reason why paranoia starts being associated so much when referring to this thread by some: the tendency to consider people (generally, people at Marvel) GUILTY by association...
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

You said it was weird, as if it was some bad omen or something...ignoring what Brevoort said multiple times.
    That's not showing a lot of confidence, sorry.
    Again, why ? What would be "weird" ,IMO, would be if Marvel made announcements for everyone else barring the X-Men. Is that what you say is actually happening ?
    I said it was weird, because it is weird. How long has it been since Martz announced his departure? It's weird that there's been no news on replacement.

As far as Marvel's announcement goes, They have made announcements for the Avengers AND Inhumans, so yes, factually, that is actually happening.

BANNED

Please.
    Why do you think pointing out a simple observation is being 'insecure'? It sounds like you're just being really defensive.

Here are the facts: As of 5/4/2015, Marvel has not announced a single post-SW X-title, any new post SW creative teams for X-men, or a new head X-editor.

I just find it odd. Nothing insecure about it.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    What fact has been brought to light that will make Marvels tread more carefully? What does tread more carefully even mean? Marvel is going to make decisions that are based on the bottom line. That's how business works. It makes perfect business sense for them to invest heavily into the IPs they own the movie rights to. Why would they make an Xmen cartoon when the can make an Avengers or GoTG cartoon sell the same amount of advertising and get young people interested in those IPs. Then those kids will want to see the movies and buy the toys and just maybe buy the comics. That's a lot of potential revenue. Yeah they could make an Xmen cartoon and get kids interested in buying toys and comics but they won't ever see the all important box office money. Not to mention the possibility of having to split revenue from merchandise. It makes much more sense to build a following for the IPs they fully own. As for the Inhumans taking the Xmens role in the movies I don't know where that's been confirmed by reputable sources but even if that were the plan I can't see it as a bad thing. Marvel pioneered using comic characters to explore social issues like racism and bigotry with the X-Men. I guess that since they can't use the X-Men they can't explore those issues in their movies? To me I don't see why that has to be the case. I feel that with all that is going on in the country and world that it would be a good thing to see these issues addressed whenever and wherever possible. If that means the Inhumans fill in for the X-Men in the MCU I don't have a problem with that. I came to comics through the X-Men cartoon and have always considered myself an Xfan. I still buy those books and see the movies. Hell I bought the 3-D bluesy if DoFP. But I've also found that I enjoy the Avengers books and movies. I think GoTG was the best comic book movie ever made. So I can't fault Marvel for doing what they feel is necessary to secure their long term future.
    We all get this. It's the foundation for the Complex. The anti-complex crowd disagree with you. They seem to think that the publishing side isn't just an IP factory for Disney. They will argue that nothing different is happening. It's all in your head and that Marvel is still supporting the X-books and X-characters the same as always.

As for confirmation of the inhumans new role in the MCU, Clark Gregg's quote is a pretty good one. He obviously got that from somewhere official, calling them mutants, then talking about X-themes that the inhumans never had, like registration, fear, bigotry, etc.

BANNED

Anti complex fans are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Anti complex fans are right.
    Nah, I find the truth lies somewhere in the middle...