Page 519 of 875 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

BANNED

WHAT a waste this inhumans book is just to give people a little perspective from a retailer who works at a comic shop.....we once again had probably at 10 to 20 people begging for some sort of x-book to buy with none in sight. WE easily sold about twice as many aoa # 5 as uncanny inhumans # 1 today. And i would say the majority of people who purchased uncanny inhumans was primailry for mcniven on art and the only people who bought karnak were warren ellis fans and his mo is he only stays for 6 issues on any marvel book no chance that book gets an issue 7 unless they bring in a super a plus creative team. Also a no matter how marvel spins it and i actually dont mind the inhumans in small dosesthere is ZERO buzz for the book. And our owner has voiced his concerns to marvel sales reps about this.
    Last edited by bishop88; 10-21-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

LMAO. Heroic!Beast joining the Heroic!Inhumans so he can protect them from EviiiilClops and make everything better with SCIENCE. What a shocker. Lucky break for the other x-sellouts, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop88 View Post
    WHAT a waste this inhumans book is just to give people a little perspective from a retailer who works at a comic shop.....we once again had probably at 10 to 20 people begging for some sort of x-book to buy with none in sight. WE easily sold about twice as many aoa # 5 as uncanny inhumans # 1 today. And i would say the majority of people who purchased uncanny inhumans was primailry for mcniven on art and the only people who bought karnak were warren ellis fans and his mo is he only stays for 6 issues on any marvel book no chance that book gets an issue 7 unless they bring in a super a plus creative team. Also a no matter how marvel spins it and i actually dont mind the inhumans in small dosesthere is ZERO buzz for the book. And our owner has voiced his concerns to marvel sales reps about this.
    Good. If Extraordinary X-men whups Uncanny Inhumans in sales with Ramos on art versus McNiven (and I happen to like Ramos, but he's no McNiven), then that should send a message.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Good. If Extraordinary X-men whups Uncanny Inhumans in sales with Ramos on art versus McNiven (and I happen to like Ramos, but he's no McNiven), then that should send a message.
    Marvel won't listen. They have more characters they can use until they find someone that can minimize the X-men.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    LMAO. Heroic!Beast joining the Heroic!Inhumans so he can protect them from EviiiilClops and make everything better with SCIENCE. What a shocker. Lucky break for the other x-sellouts, I guess.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you (and several of the people chiming in here) didn't actually read the book.

That specific panel is taken slightly out of context. There was a clear, mutual discomfort between Medusa and Beast. Neither seemed to like the fact that they were working together (or trust one another). And there was an implication that -in the gap since Secret Wars ended- some physical altercation between the X-Men and Inhumans is what caused this tension.

What this book did seem to be hinting at something I think a lot of complexers will find interesting. Iso (a NuHuman working as Beast's lab assistant) seemed to be very fond of him and his cause. If a war broke out, I think it's very likely it wouldn't be XvsI, but rather a Civil War of sorts, with most NuHumans siding with mutants and some X-Men siding with Inhumans due to the complexities of this storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I predict it will. The point of the current Inhumans push is to draw in more readers of all types (new to comics, fans of other comics, fans of the Inhumans, fans of other properties, etc.). It's a slow process to try to get the buzz going with a property -especially when there's an active movement against said property. Of course Extraordinary would be more likely to beat it out. It's arguably the biggest comic franchise in the world. Even now.

Odds are the Inhumans will never be as big as the X-Men (same for Guardians, etc. because, realistically, what is or has ever been as big?) but Marvel is still going to try to get them as close as possible to the sales potential of ALL their current top-tier franchises. And there's nothing wrong with that. Inhumans still haven't taken mutant's core theme, so...
    Last edited by redrunner97; 10-21-2015 at 11:13 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you (and several of the people chiming in here) didn't actually read the book.

That specific panel is taken slightly out of context.
    Better get used to that if you intend to continue posting here.

BANNED

That specific panel is taken slightly out of context. There was a clear, mutual discomfort between Medusa and Beast. Neither seemed to like the fact that they were working together (or trust one another). And there was an implication that -in the gap since Secret Wars ended- some physical altercation between the X-Men and Inhumans is what caused this tension.

What this book did seem to be hinting at something I think a lot of complexers will find interesting. Iso (a NuHuman working as Beast's lab assistant) seemed to be very fond of him and his cause. If a war broke out, I think it's very likely it wouldn't be XvsI, but rather a Civil War of sorts, with most NuHumans siding with mutants and some X-Men siding with Inhumans due to the complexities of this storyline.

I predict it will. The point of the current Inhumans push is to draw in more readers of all types (new to comics, fans of other comics, fans of the Inhumans, fans of other properties, etc.). It's a slow process to try to get the buzz going with a property -especially when there's an active movement against said property. Of course Extraordinary would be more likely to beat it out. It's arguably the biggest comic franchise in the world. Even now.

Odds are the Inhumans will never be as big as the X-Men (same for Guardians, etc. because, realistically, what is or has ever been as big?) but Marvel is still going to try to get them as close as possible to the sales potential of ALL their current top-tier franchises. And there's nothing wrong with that. Inhumans still haven't taken mutant's core theme, so...
    The problem is that they aren't putting as much effort into the X-Men. That's always been the problem. So many delays, so many cancelations, avengers and inhumans face none of that. It's clear as day where their priorities lie.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Just when I thought Beast couldn't sink any lower...

I wonder if this is repercussions over what happens in 600 and his trial... yeah, like that will be of any consequences.

I really don't like the airs of XvI this gives.
    Hero vs Hero again...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Hero vs Hero again...
    Provided you consider the Inhumans heroes...

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Marvel won't listen. They have more characters they can use until they find someone that can minimize the X-men.
    They won't find anybody. If the Avengers can't do it nobody else will. Maybe they can get enough Spider-Man books on the market to kill the X-Men's sales...

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

That specific panel is taken slightly out of context. There was a clear, mutual discomfort between Medusa and Beast. Neither seemed to like the fact that they were working together (or trust one another).
    If Uncanny Avengers is any indication, Beast will end up with an Inhumans team of his own. He'd probably whine about folks not appreciating Science!!! rather than complain about not getting his Inhumans paycheck, though.

And there was an implication that -in the gap since Secret Wars ended- some physical altercation between the X-Men and Inhumans is what caused this tension.
    Way ahead of you. Some of us have been joking about Bendis' (or is it Hickman's?) off-panel revolution for months.

We're thinking long term, here. Medusa could accidentally blow up 25k innocent civilians while trying to take down Cyclops and his Friends (lulwhat? Is that what those SW rewrites are about?) and yet the side with the most sellouts on it would still canonically "win".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    They won't find anybody. If the Avengers can't do it nobody else will. Maybe they can get enough Spider-Man books on the market to kill the X-Men's sales...
    You know that and I know that but Marvel is still going to keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Provided you consider the Inhumans heroes...
    With who are members of the X-men nowadays, I'm not so sure about the mutants either.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Better get used to that if you intend to continue posting here.
    I guess I'll just have to. Because I'm here to stay.

Believe it or not, I too am a complexer. I feel the X-Men are getting unfair treatment in comparison to the rest of the Marvel comics universe as a whole, but in my mind there's no logical way I can connect Inhumans being pushed to the X-Men being put on the back burner. Or this myth that they're overtaking elements of mutants story-wise or in theme.

I'd like to add that I'm genuinely shocked no one has brought up (for the 20th time) that Grogon is in a wheelchair in Uncanny Inhumans #1, or that Nur/Frank McGee gets a special lens that allows him to shoot lasers from his light-eyes. I figured that'd be a dead giveaway that they're clearly ripping off Prof. X and Cyclops (or better yet, Oracle and Superman... no... President Roosevelt and Krypto the Superdog)! lol
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

nice try but no cigar.

you don't get to guilt people into paying money to support something they dislike or do not want just to make them feel like they can have an opinion on it. furthermore, nothing is being taken out of context from what i can see.

what does it matter anyway?

it seems like nowadays, one cannot have a negative opinion about that comic unless it's contained within here. read it or don't read it, when it comes to actual discussion of the books themselves, either come here to air your criticism or don't post at all.