Page 242 of 875 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

BANNED

I think it's hilarious that some posters think that pointing out the simple fact that there have been no X-titles announced after SW, no X-men creative teams announced, and no new X-editor announced is 'being insecure.'

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I think it's hilarious that some posters think that pointing out the simple fact that there have been no X-titles announced after SW, no X-men creative teams announced, and no new X-editor announced is 'being insecure.'
    About as hilarious as Marvel taking Inhumans and subbing them in to X-men origin and story lines from the past.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Please.
    This is a forum. Nothing short of the moderators and administrators can force you to do or not do something here, so...yeah.
    My point was, why being so insecure about the X-Men titles existence when Marvel management confirmed the X-line will still exist post-SW and the X-Men aren't going anywhere ?
    This particular round of discussion on the X-Men's post-SW future began a few pages ago, so it's probably done, but I just wanted to say...

All-New All-Different Avengers got a Free Comic Book Day issue -- in addition to this, both ANAD Avengers and Uncanny Inhumans got splashy news releases to get people talking about the team books and the members of their respective teams. Now compare that to what we know about the post-SW X-Men book.

Do we know its title?

Do we know who's writing it?

Do we know who the members of the team are?

Okay, then. If certain x-fans are insecure about it, I feel it's perfectly reasonable and understandable.

What I disagree with is your characterization of people even just MENTIONING that we don't know anything about the X-Men's post-SW book as "being insecure."

Around the same time, maybe even the same week as the ANAD and Uncanny news releases if I recall correctly, Axel Alonso had this to say about the X-Men's future:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...et-wars-future

Speaking of speculation, one of your answers to a fan question last week in this very column, about the future of the X-Men books after "Secret Wars," got a lot of people talking, with some folks concluding it literally meant that the X-Men will now be existing in their own separate universe. Can you respond to that reaction?

Alonso: I tried to address that in one of my rare tweets responding to fans. [Laughs] No, we're not segregating the X-Men into their own universe. The X-Men are an integral part of the Marvel Universe. They play a big role in "Secret Wars," and those mutants that survive the event will be crucial building blocks for the Marvel Universe moving forward.

I'll bet I just said something that's going to fuel the conspiracy theorists, but whatever...
    So that's what we get. Could that be any more vague?

Can you imagine him responding to fans of the Avengers or Inhumans in such a manner?

And frankly, I'm fine with waiting till after Secret Wars to know the X-Men's future. But when you look at all the press the Avengers and Inhumans have gotten about their post-SW books, I think it's fair to point out the lack of material regarding the post-SW X-Men.

I don't think the X-Men are going to suddenly disappear post-SW, but there is an obvious comparative lack of promotional push when it comes to the X-Men these days and that's no more apparent than when they borrow traditionally X-Men-related adjectives for their hot new properties, while remaining mum about the specifics of the X-Men's post-SW future every chance they get to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Funny. Looking at Secret Wars, it seems like Marvel's future strategy for the X-line is becoming clear. They want to maximize revenue from the decreasing, but still sizable number of existing X-fans without generating any new intellectual property for Fox or creating any new X-franchise fans (e.g., cartoons, games, accessible books).

They're doing this in two ways. They're restricting X-franchise books to riffs on past events that Fox already owns and will mainly appeal to existing fans. As well, they're leveraging x-characters to launch Marvel-owned titles, such as A-Force, Runaways and Masters of Kung-Fu. If any of these take off, the mutant characters can easily be replaced for other media. See also making 616 Scott Summers the most prominent character on an Uncanny Inhumans poster. They know who sells and who doesn't.

So, personally, I fully expect X-books to be produced in the near-term until the franchise is diminished so much they feel that they've milked all the money out of it.
    Eh, this sounds about right.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Marvel's bitchslapping of the X-Men is not really All New, All Different, but has reached Astonishing levels of Uncanny. Names associated for a long time to mutants are now all over the MU. I find it hysterical. And yes. I'm drunk. So I go back to my little corner to curse Marvel for not giving me what I want, but what I deserve.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Marvel's bitchslapping of the X-Men is not really All New, All Different, but has reached Astonishing levels of Uncanny. Names associated for a long time to mutants are now all over the MU. I find it hysterical. And yes. I'm drunk. So I go back to my little corner to curse Marvel for not giving me what I want, but what I deserve.
    That is surprisingly clever and coherent for an inebriated man.

Much like Hunter S. Thompson, you might do some of your best work while under the influence. I'd recommend buying a ticket to the nearest gambling town immediately to start your career in gonzo journalism.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 05-05-2015 at 11:24 AM.

I dont think there's any more point in debating wether Marvel is screwing over the X-men. I think most of us can agree, wether your a complexer or not, that its a property that is no longer a top priority for them.

now it just comes down to which fans care and which fans dont give a crap about it.

We all get this. It's the foundation for the Complex. The anti-complex crowd disagree with you. They seem to think that the publishing side isn't just an IP factory for Disney. They will argue that nothing different is happening. It's all in your head and that Marvel is still supporting the X-books and X-characters the same as always.

As for confirmation of the inhumans new role in the MCU, Clark Gregg's quote is a pretty good one. He obviously got that from somewhere official, calling them mutants, then talking about X-themes that the inhumans never had, like registration, fear, bigotry, etc.
    Besides, that their leader is Jean Grey, and that they live in a place called the Afterlife, and their only médium of transportation is the resident teleporther, who goes around the world saving more of their kind from being gutted.

So... 3 books = everyone else barring the X-Men. Gotcha.

Given what Marvel management said repeatedly about the X-books, sorry, it really is being insecure IMO.

I won't talk for anyone else but I am just asking for actual evidences that Marvel is terminating the X-Men: mail, memo, recordings etc. A lone poster "NoMoreMutants" word of mouth doesn't cut it for me, sorry. That's why I treat speculation for exactly what it is: speculation.
    Also, no one is arguing about the X-Men not being Marvel's first priority, fact is people are saying it makes business sense for them to have more focus on the IP they fully own. Marvel themselves admitted it.
    Doesn't mean the X-Men don't get focus as well, both things are not mutually exclusive.

I agree with chaosfit, I don't see why the MCU could not explore those issues with the properties they have access to.
    Racism = X-theme = off-limit ? Please.
    So do you ask for proof about that Marvel is destroying the X-men but do you take being vague in that interview as proof that they are not ?; definitely you are a true native of this thread.

Anyways, some should check out WikiLeaks.

Well...

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Spidey had a book announced post-SW ? Did the Guardians ? What about the Defenders ? What about everyone else ?
    Given the rest of Marvel's catalogue didn't get anything at all, whether in term of "announcement" or with the management directly answering to people on social media, I already consider the X-Men better off than most: there will be X-books and X-Men post-SW.
    That's what transpired of Brevoort response.
    So again, why the insecurity ?
    The way I see it, it boils down to whether one take Brevoort's words at face value...or not, because Marion Cotillard happened or something.
    Well, Marvel is marketing "Renue Your Vows" as the last story of Spidey, we know that Bendis is not leaving Marvel, and did the Defenders even had a book ?; besides, that we all know that all of the newly launched (i.e. this year) books (which neither of them is a X-book) still exist after Secret Wars.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    I hereby award this post a no-prize for pure Awesome-ventiveness. This post should be the bench mark for all posts from hereon on these boards.

Just an opinion!
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

FRED VAN LENTE TAKES "MARVEL MIGHTY HEROES" GAME ON A COSMIC ADVENTURE

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...smic-adventure

No X-men/FF
    "Marvel Mighty Heroes" features a number of different Marvel characters, but there's some conspicuous absences, including any X-Men or the Fantastic Four, and some curious inclusions, such as Black Bolt. How much input do you have in deciding who makes it in the game and who doesn't?

Marvel lets a developer know which heroes are available for which storylines, and from that list DeNA selected the ones that seem best suited for the story we're trying to tell, or which have the most awesome powers and abilities we want to get in a gamer's hands as soon as possible.

That said, there will be new characters introduced in each storyline of "Marvel Mighty Heroes," which is one of the best aspects of working on it -- and, for that matter, playing it.

So, personally, I fully expect X-books to be produced in the near-term until the franchise is diminished so much they feel that they've milked all the money out of it.
    Maybe, if it ever reaches that point, Marvel will just sell the X-Men to Valiant. I'm pretty sure they would do a much better job with the franchise than Marvel has been lately...

Spectacular Member

Marvel will keep releasing x-men comics. I am not worried about that, I am more worried about how important marvel thinks the x-men are in the grand scheme of things. Clearly they are building up the inhumans and there will come a moment the inhumans will take the place the x-men had in the marvel universe. Anybody that doesn't see that is blind. The question is not if it happens, the question is what happens to the x-men corner of the marvel universe once the takeover is done. I don't care that Marvel didn't give me anything post SW x-men news yet. I know they will somewhere during the summer. I would smear out all the big announcements over the entire summer too to keep all comic reader eyes and ears pointed my way. That is not any issue for me. The issue is that I am scared for the forceable future we x-fans will get noting but incestual infighting between the x-characters with no real villains and second rate story lines and "new" mutants like shark tits and eye boy. Just because marvel doesn't want to put in more effort to come up with something new and exciting because that would mean the x-men will remain popular as ever and that will impede their plans for the inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Marvel will keep releasing x-men comics. I am not worried about that, I am more worried about how important marvel thinks the x-men are in the grand scheme of things. Clearly they are building up the inhumans and there will come a moment the inhumans will take the place the x-men had in the marvel universe. Anybody that doesn't see that is blind. The question is not if it happens, the question is what happens to the x-men corner of the marvel universe once the takeover is done. I don't care that Marvel didn't give me anything post SW x-men news yet. I know they will somewhere during the summer. I would smear out all the big announcements over the entire summer too to keep all comic reader eyes and ears pointed my way. That is not any issue for me. The issue is that I am scared for the forceable future we x-fans will get noting but incestual infighting between the x-characters with no real villains and second rate story lines and "new" mutants like shark tits and eye boy. Just because marvel doesn't want to put in more effort to come up with something new and exciting because that would mean the x-men will remain popular as ever and that will impede their plans for the inhumans.
    That's fine and all, but the editor announcement is important.

The "brand" editor sets the tone of the series and the franchise as a whole. Knowing who that will be, gives us an indication of how much Marvel values the brand and what we can expect to see in the future. The editing on the X comics have been pretty sloppy lately, which damages the franchise as a whole and moves it further down the Marvel totem pole - it leads to weird storytelling errors, embarrassing (albeit funny) mishaps, and fluctuating quality in the writing.

All of these damages sales at the end of the day.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    That's fine and all, but the editor announcement is important.

The "brand" editor sets the tone of the series and the franchise as a whole. Knowing who that will be, gives us an indication of how much Marvel values the brand and what we can expect to see in the future. The editing on the X comics have been pretty sloppy lately, which damages the franchise as a whole and moves it further down the Marvel totem pole - it leads to weird storytelling errors, embarrassing (albeit funny) mishaps, and fluctuating quality in the writing.

All of these damages sales at the end of the day.
    I agree with you, that's why I do not care who the editor is right now and do not want to know. The longer it takes I am fine with it as long as they make the right choice and not a quick choice to please fans who are demanding to know now. I hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So do you ask for proof about that Marvel is destroying the X-men but do you take being vague in that interview as proof that they are not ?; definitely you are a true native of this thread.

Anyways, some should check out WikiLeaks.
    Your Marion Cotillard comment didn't convince me that Brevoort was lying, to say the least.
    Sorry.
    And please, if I were to act like some posters actually do here, I wouldn't ask for proofs to ease my mild skepticism: I'd just consider rampant speculation for the ultimate, unquestionnable TRUTH...

Obviously, I'm still skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, Marvel is marketing "Renue Your Vows" as the last story of Spidey, we know that Bendis is not leaving Marvel, and did the Defenders even had a book ?; besides, that we all know that all of the newly launched (i.e. this year) books (which neither of them is a X-book) still exist after Secret Wars.
    So, Spider-Woman post-SW title is a certainty for example ?
    Do you work at a top position at Marvel by any chance, like Brevoort ? I mean, I'd like to believe you - I have no reason to think you are lying because Marion Cotillard happened, right ? - but given I didn't see any announcement nor any Marvel official going on social medias saying her title was making it post-SW...I might be compelled to ask for the dreaded evidence I'm sure you have ?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Complex isn't real. Glad everyone now agrees.