Page 1 of 875 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: The Complex

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Default The Complex

Welcome brothers and sisters. This thread is for all things related to our so-called persecution complex. This is the place to post interviews, snippets, quotes, pics, etc that further underscore the marginalization of the X-Franchise. In this thread, you can feel safe to discuss how you feel about the way the X-Men and X-Fans are being treated without persecution. This is a place of love and understanding.

Last edited by LeonardEugenius; 06-09-2015 at 06:12 PM.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Marvel's Senior Vice President of Publishing Confirms X-Men Aren't Being Promoted/Marketed as Heavily Due to Movie Rights

How do you feel now that the cat is out of the bag?

BANNED

How do you feel now that the cat is out of the bag?

This just confirms what we already know. It pains me to say this, but Marvel is a business and there's no point investing time/money into something that won't pay off.

BANNED

None of which says they're deliberately trying to sabotage the brand, either. All he's saying is that they're putting the bulk of the focus where they make the most money.

I'm predicting a very short life for this thread.

Extraordinary Member

That confirms what I have been thinking since the whole FF/X-Men getting snubbed to spite Fox talk picked up. Other people can spin it however they want, but I honestly think, that if it came down to it, if Marvel could put out however many books they decide is what they need to keep their marketshare, once they have built up enough 100% owned brands, that X-Men could be all but gone. I also think Marvel would actively try to guide readers from the X-Men to other brands through somewhat dishonest means as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    None of which says they're deliberately trying to sabotage the brand, either. All he's saying is that they're putting the bulk of the focus where they make the most money.
    Actually, offing the X-Man with the most selling power(Wolverine) -- their Spiderman, as it were -- does rather speak of them sabotaging the brand, at least if they leave him dead. Some hardcore fans may be sick of him due to his poor characterization and over-saturation since Schism, but he's still a character every kid knows and probably the top X-Men character that new or casual readers pick the books up for. Leaving him permanently or even on a long-term basis out of the equation is very bad business sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Actually, offing the X-Man with the most selling power(Wolverine) -- their Spiderman, as it were -- does rather speak of them sabotaging the brand, at least if they leave him dead. Some hardcore fans may be sick of him due to his poor characterization and over-saturation since Schism, but he's still a character every kid knows and probably the top X-Men character that new or casual readers pick the books up for. Leaving him permanently or even on a long-term basis out of the equation is very bad business sense.
    They killed Spiderman not too long ago, were they trying to sabotage that property? Nope.

The books dealing with Wolverine's death will sell like hotcakes, that's most likely why they're killing him. The character is becoming stagnant and unlikable, why not make a quick buck off his death, give people a break from the character, and then make even more money off the books dealing with his resurrection. Seems like good business sense to me.

As for leaving Wolverine dead....you really think they're gonna permanently kill an A-lister like him?
    Last edited by sprior93; 08-01-2014 at 12:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    The books dealing with Wolverine's death will sell like hotcakes, that's most likely why they're killing him. The character is becoming stagnant and unlikable, why not make a quick buck off his death, give people a break from the character, and then have him come back and make even more money off the books dealing with his resurrection. Seems like good business sense to me.
    Hell, just look at the sales by ASM #1. The issue that brings Wolverine back from the dead his going to make bank for Marvel when they're ready to pull the trigger.

I feel that Marvel putting the X-Men in the back seat could allow the X-Books to flourish creatively. If, for instance, the X-Books are allowed to ease away from the "NEXT BIG EVENT MOVIE SYNERGY" cycle that kills momentum every 6-12 issues, the X-Book writers could have more creative freedom.

Of course, Marvel will probably take the opposite route, using the X-Books to lead readers to their more profitable franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    They killed Spiderman not too long ago, were they trying to sabotage that property? Nope.

The books dealing with Wolverine's death will sell like hotcakes, that's most likely why they're killing him. The character is becoming stagnant and unlikable, why not make a quick buck off his death, give people a break from the character, and then make even more money off the books dealing with his resurrection. Seems like good business sense to me.

As for leaving Wolverine dead....you really think they're gonna permanently kill an A-lister like him?
    I think they'd be crazy if they left him dead, but so far, there's no sign of a replacement like there was for Spiderman, or am I mistaken that the role was filled in the interim time? (Sincere question, as I don't read Spiderman.)

I agree he needs a reset, but it won't do much good if Cyclops isn't given one at the same time, since he was the one given Wolverine's schtickt. As far as I know, they have the first months tied up with aftermath stuff, but we'll have to see, after that.

BANNED

Doc Ock took over Peter's body. Peter was also still around as a ghost with ample pagetime for the first 9 issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Doc Ock took over Peter's body. Peter was also still around as a ghost with ample pagetime for the first 9 issues.
    Who knows how long it will take all of the various series to start catching up? Not to mention the many tie-ins in various X-Books (and outside them, for that matter, considering we already know X-23 is guesting in Black Widow's book for a Death of Wolverine tie-in, and the Deadpool/Cap team-up). Or the Logan's Legacy and Weapon X miniseries, and however other many spinoffs will be resulting.

So Wolverine isn't exactly going to be gone completely right away, either.

Is it just me or are they fast tracking a Guardians cartoon super fast? I feel like that show will be on the air super soon and we barely found out about it.

Shame we can't get an X-Men cartoon so quickly!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

BANNED

So Wolverine isn't exactly going to be gone completely right away, either.
    That's too bad. Lots of things need to go away now.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Hell, just look at the sales by ASM #1. The issue that brings Wolverine back from the dead his going to make bank for Marvel when they're ready to pull the trigger.
    Silk is the best character i've read about this past month. Besides Pig Richards from the Ultimate FF.