Page 293 of 875 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393793 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fabulousmax View Post
    So you want it both ways? Sorry marvel is not a charity giving free promotion to a competing property. Movies is where the major money lies.
    Sorry, I thought Marvel comics was about making comics. Not pandering to moviegoers.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I don't like Phyla-Vell, mainly for the same reason I don't like Hulkling (seem to be living off the family name without earning it, unlike Genis who has a fully developed personality aside from who he's sleeping with) but she did play the part Gamora normally played. A wildcard willing to do what it takes (and not being shy about killing) to get things done. That said, you could have plugged Gamora into that role instead of making her a love interest for Rich who occasionally growls that she'd rather not be there and Phyla would have been completely expendable. Mantis I miss like hell though.
    They pretty much dropped Rich/Gamora after Conquest. And Gamora was still Gamora, though. Phyla didn't get all wildcard willing-to-kill until that stupid Oblivion stuff happened.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Marvel would totally ignore what the X-Men stand for in the movies. It would just be another Avengers movie with X-Men. I like what FOX has done for the most part.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Sorry, I thought Marvel comics was about making comics. Not pandering to moviegoers.
    Weren't we talking about tshirts? Marvel is still making dozens of xcomics so i dont see your point.
    What's wrong with pandering to moviegoers? They pay the bills.

BANNED

well its not much of a competition in terms of quality now. considering how fox recent feature films has made the MCU films look completely childish. I mean comparing days of future past to age of ultron is like comparing the rolling stones to one direction.

I think the only way marvel now feels they can win this little war is to start reshaping the comics to look like their films and by means distorting and weaking the xmen mythology but has it? the answer is no. a perfect example is how no one buys the recton that the twins where never mutants because the average comic readers knows it makes no sense.

marvel disney are the villians here not fox. marvel sold the rights fair and square and under legal circumstances FOX can sue marvel under bad faith and can win the case but I dont think FOX will stoop that low. so marvel is the petty one here.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    Marvel would totally ignore what the X-Men stand for in the movies. It would just be another Avengers movie with X-Men. I like what FOX has done for the most part.
    The only thing I really like about the Fox-Man movies is they don't have SHIELD in them.
    They are not that great or awful to really care but they are increasing output....So good for Fox owning a worthwhile rights they should enjoy it and try improve as they go.

BANNED

Well its nice if the complex would move on too.
    When you keep repeating:"oh jeez, get over it" and trying to quiet people it's really just thinly disguised trolling.
    It's fine to disagree and come up with counter arguments, calling for a thread to be closed is not.
    Last edited by pro; 05-23-2015 at 12:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I don't think bleedingcool is completely off base or that they are being disingenuous with their readers. It is a site I respect and enjoy reading.

But

1) bleedingcool have already formed a working theory regarding the FF and X-Men based on an e-mail from a high ranking Marvel official and some artists working on licensing merchandise. At this point they are attempting to tie in any circumstantial evidence to that theory. Which is different from objectively evaluating information in light of new developments. Case in point, the fact that 32 titles were cancelled along with the FF. That doesn't invalidate the fact that the FF was cancelled or that we don't know when the title will return, but makes the reason for the title's cancellation a little less obvious.

2) bleedingcool rarely reaches out to any party for comment, confirmation, or denial. Case in point, the t-shirt story was based on finding the t-shirt on the seller's website and quoting TB from his tumbler. Neither Marvel nor the t-shirt makers were contacted for a comment. Which doesn't make the absence of the FF and X-Men characters any less real. It only makes the reason for their absence not clear cut.

Edit: bleedingcool also tends to have a very cynical and negative outlook towards the industry in general... nobody is saying they should print press releases from comic book companies, but there is a line between being objective and constantly pointing to the negative while glossing over or ignoring the positive... if the criticism to some sites is that they rely on the positive spin of press releases, well, bleedingcool appears to overcompensate and somehow we often end up with negative spins
    I'm not a huge supporter of Bleeding Cool (only very occasionally visit their website, and then almost exclusively because someone posts a link to a specific story on these boards) but I'd like to address these points. First bolded: "rarely reaches out for comment, confirmation, or denial". Ask yourself what you think Bleeding Cool is. Is it the online comic book equivalent of the New York Times? Or is it a "news and rumors" site about the comic book industry?

It's clearly the latter, and part of what differentiates rumors from confirmed facts is the lack of confirmation. Also consider that many in the industry work for very large, very powerful corporations (or at least smaller subsidiaries of those massive corporations, who lately are keeping a close eye on some very profitable IP farms). Many will not want to comment because they're scared of retaliation or losing their jobs.

Second point, "they tend to have a very cynical and negative outlook towards the industry in general". Of course they do, that's what the audience they're catering to wants. The hardcore, spends their time reading news and rumors about comic books and registers to talk about them in their free-time fans. Those people tend to complain a lot (don't believe me, take a stroll across these boards). And as with real news, "if it bleeds, it leads". Hearing about office drama, controversy, legal battles, price increases, etc. is going to get more clicks (and generate more revenue) than talking about a really neat indie book that just came out, or about how great the newest issue of "fill-in-the-blank" was. That's not on BC, they're catering to a market. That's on us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Superman fans arguably have it worst. Everyday it seems there's at least one thread on the front page of the forum decrying that Superman is ruined/obsolete/has no good writers. It's truly depressing.
    Then they're missing the wonderful "Action Comics" by Pak and Kuder, and that's a shame for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fabulousmax View Post
    Mass-consumed as in popular and sells? Sure

And you sound happy that marvel is not producing xmen. Shouldn't you be happy about the the so called conspiracy?
    Exactly, just like McDonalds. "Billions served", not "the highest quality burgers in the world".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    They pretty much dropped Rich/Gamora after Conquest. And Gamora was still Gamora, though. Phyla didn't get all wildcard willing-to-kill until that stupid Oblivion stuff happened.
    She was Gamora, but all she did was fight and occasionally grumble. She was background, for the most part. Which is a shame, I like her character in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    So good for Fox owning a worthwhile rights they should enjoy it and try improve as they go.
    Hopefully Deadpool will be a step in the right direction. With it's release, the upcoming New Mutants, and maybe an X-Men reboot when Hugh Jackman quits playing Wolverine, we might have a shot at some great films...

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by dales View Post
    well its not much of a competition in terms of quality now. considering how fox recent feature films has made the MCU films look completely childish. I mean comparing days of future past to age of ultron is like comparing the rolling stones to one direction.

I think the only way marvel now feels they can win this little war is to start reshaping the comics to look like their films and by means distorting and weaking the xmen mythology but has it? the answer is no. a perfect example is how no one buys the recton that the twins where never mutants because the average comic readers knows it makes no sense.

marvel disney are the villians here not fox. marvel sold the rights fair and square and under legal circumstances FOX can sue marvel under bad faith and can win the case but I dont think FOX will stoop that low. so marvel is the petty one here.
    I won't ever see Fox as not the villains until they do the X-Men right and stop hating on the Summers family.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-23-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

There are some posters that make their best nascar impersonation running circles. I want to know who gets a quarter out of every X-Men Kotobukiya that were announced a while back. Because if a company licenses those characters it has to be with someone. Is it Marvel? Fox? Because they are post Marvel Now designs. If they are licensed by Marvel, than Brevoort is telling half truths.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    There are some posters that make their best nascar impersonation running circles. I want to know who gets a quarter out of every X-Men Kotobukiya that were announced a while back. Because if a company licenses those characters it has to be with someone. Is it Marvel? Fox? Because they are post Marvel Now designs. If they are licensed by Marvel, than Brevoort is telling half truths.
    It's all DisMarvel - none of thbats tied to the films and there's no Fox logo on it. All that money goes straight to DisMarvel.

Brevoort was trying to smudge the lines, to take some of the heat off over the t-shirt thing. It's common PR stuff.

If Marvel didn't own the rights then nothing would be get made.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 05-23-2015 at 06:26 AM.