Page 785 of 875 FirstFirst ... 285685735775781782783784785786787788789795835 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,775 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Holy cow! That's the most blatant example of the Complex yet.

"Inhumans: Protecting a World That Hates and Fears Them!" *vomit*
    Lol stop they haven't actually said that yet, have they?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agronac919 View Post
    How can we forget gems like " I think the Inhumans, thematically, they also work for us because of kids. They look like everybody else, but they’re different. They feel different, they have different powers, but sometimes it’s not visible to the naked eye. Lots of kids feel different. There are a lot of kids who don’t necessarily feel like everybody else. It shows how to embrace who you are and sometimes people don’t always understand you but you’re special. You have your own gifts and that also plays into the Inhuman story as well. Thematically, it’s a great story for kids."
    They're just so! FREAKING! ORIGINAL!
    Yup. At least they are admitting it.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Lol stop they haven't actually said that yet, have they?
    Give it time... they're going into space, they'll have plenty of planets from which to choose. They'll pick one, it will hate and fear them, then they will choose to protect it.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yup. At least they are admitting it.
    Pretty sure they're saying stuff like this while also calling anyone who thinks they're trying to turn the Inhumans into the X-Men a "conspiracy theorist," lol.

Doesn't sound like they're admitting it to me.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Give it time... they're going into space, they'll have plenty of planets from which to choose. They'll pick one, it will hate and fear them, then they will choose to protect it.
    Well played!

It looks like the complex will not die anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Well played!
    Haha. ;D Maybe I should be writing for the House of Ideas. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It looks like the complex will not die anytime soon.
    Not till we get an X-Men-centric video game on a main console (like PS4) and an X-Men cartoon, at the very least.

But like I said, there's been a few positive signs... like... X-Men toys seem to be coming back in some form. And the April 2017 "True Believers" line featuring $1 reprints of X-Men franchise #1s.

==========================

So, in the first ten minutes of Part 1 of Marvel's Avengers: Ultron Revolution four-part finale:

1. Black Widow said one word ("Maximus?") then drove around on a sky-cycle, mostly with her back to the audience, then stood there silently at a briefing. Meanwhile, the male heroes all fought and had speaking parts. To be fair, outside of Iron Man, those speaking parts weren't much better than BW's. *to the episode's credit, BW DOES step up in a big way later on.

Watching the rest of the episode:

2. A terrorist (Maximus the Mad) attacks Las Vegas. Hardliner Government Man wants to register all Inhumans, including innocent NuHumans (which seem to be mostly kids ala Xavier's School), thereby criminalizing an entire culture for one terrorist's actions. An Inhuman registry... does that remind you of anything in the news lately? This is unintentionally hitting a little too close to home, for most Americans right now. "Wherever you come from, they don't trust you. They'll hunt you down." Part 2: "I came to study in the U.S. because I thought I'd have freedom here. Turns out I was wrong."

3. Random Background NuHumans include: a teleporter, a little girl with super strength (not Molly Hayes), a man with metal gauntlets, a telekinetic, a man who can turn his arms into metal stabbers (see picture below for an example of the concept), blue-flame throwing gal, and a sunglasses-wearing man who shoots pink lasers out of his eyes (I really shouldn't have to explain that one, lolz). There's even a moment where Eye-Lasers is shooting at a Flyer who is hovering in the air in front of him (again, see picture below).

I know you can argue that most X-Men's superpowers are pretty generic so they're not necessarily purposefully ripping off the mutants to show kids "look how neat it is to be an Inhuman!" but come on...

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 01-28-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

those filthy disgusting inhumies are so fetch

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/interview-marvel-...il-war-finale/

Steve Wacker talks about the "Inhuman Registration Act" (sound original?) and indoctrinating young kids to make them love the Inhumans. This is the same person who insists on not using the X-Men because they are not popular.
    This just made me roll my eyes. Seriously, does he not think fans will pick up on this? That kids won't be aware of the three X-men cartoons that have come out over the last 25 years? This is probably the most blatant example of Marvel playing favorites over movie rights. But there's really nothing anyone can do about it at this point. The fact he goes out of his way to never mention the X-men is a clear sign that there's a policy in Marvel Animation. The X-men, from their perspective, don't exist. They favor the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners. The fact they think one team can basically replace another in terms of theme shows just how little they actually care. And say what you will about the the X-men cartoons, but at least those involved clearly cared.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This just made me roll my eyes. Seriously, does he not think fans will pick up on this? That kids won't be aware of the three X-men cartoons that have come out over the last 25 years? This is probably the most blatant example of Marvel playing favorites over movie rights. But there's really nothing anyone can do about it at this point. The fact he goes out of his way to never mention the X-men is a clear sign that there's a policy in Marvel Animation. The X-men, from their perspective, don't exist. They favor the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners. The fact they think one team can basically replace another in terms of theme shows just how little they actually care. And say what you will about the the X-men cartoons, but at least those involved clearly cared.
    Well... they're kids. So probably not. But yeah, the longtime fans will notice.

It's really more like the Superhuman Registration Act that kicked off Civil War than the Mutant Registration Act (which, as I recall, was already passed into law at that point (for decades), so mutants weren't specifically required to register for the SHRA.

It does continue to irk me that Marvel higher ups go out of their way to avoid mentioning the X-Men, yes.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Seriously, does he not think fans will pick up on this?
    I'm flabbergasted anyone figured out the connection! How did you do it? Inside tips?

SW
    Last edited by Stephen Wacker; 01-29-2017 at 07:35 PM.

*sigh*

I miss the X-Men being in videos, TV shows and video games.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    *sigh*

Me, too.

The X-Men are the only reason I started playing MAA (now discontinued) and Marvel Heroes as well as the only reason I even tried Contest of Champions (didn't like it) and the only reason I continue to try to stay interested in Marvel Heroes 2016 (sigh). I think they're in Marvel PuzzleQuest, too? I don't play that one.

There's no X-Men cartoon to watch or -- more importantly -- introduce our kids to, though! There will be a live action one upcoming on Fox though, you can check that out.

I mean, certainly there are more important things in life, but if we didn't care about the X-Men, we wouldn't be on a messageboard about them, so meh, I want my X-Men shows/games. :P
    Prεtty Pεnny

Don't expect Square-Enix to make an X-Men game anytime soon, their 2nd Marvel game is rumored to be for Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    *sigh*

Well we do have Legion and an unnamed X-men show in the works. I think if those shows are successful, then Marvel will have more incentive to use them. It may take a while, but Marvel is a business last I checked. They want to make money. If these new X-men shows turn a profit for them, then they'll definitely look to make more. So in that sense, supporting shows like Legion is the best way to send a message to Marvel that you want more X-men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Question is:
    Can Fox shows create new comic fans?
    I am not sure.
    This series is not about X-men.

People (if this show will be good) will care about new characters not X-men.
    I don't think that we will have Syd Barrett, Melanie Bird or others in the comics.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-30-2017 at 06:51 AM.