Page 822 of 875 FirstFirst ... 322722772812818819820821822823824825826832872 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

  1. #12316
    BANNED planetxmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    364

    Default

    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"

    They actually said this. Someone actually said this in an interview.

  2. #12317
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Miami... the good one.
    Posts
    4,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"

    They actually said this. Someone actually said this in an interview.
    Great minds. Here's the interview with the ridiculous statement;

    https://pvplive.net/c/marvel-vs-capc...-men-exclusion
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

  3. #12318
    X-Force Member SomeCBFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"

    They actually said this. Someone actually said this in an interview.
    Someone was forced to say that BS, yes. It's a damn shame because none of them believe it. They're just being scapegoated by Marvel/Disney.

  4. #12319
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"

    They actually said this. Someone actually said this in an interview.
    lol and those same fans apparently know Captain Marvel and Nova. This game is gonna be trash. I'll pass
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  5. #12320
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"

    They actually said this. Someone actually said this in an interview.
    Yeah its that phrase that I can't even comprehend. He should have just said no comment or we shall see...Instead he just embarrassed himself in trying to justify their exclusions. He is pretty much insulting Marvel fans in thinking that they are dumb enough to believe him.

    I love that someone finally had to guts to ask about the Xmen and put them on the spot. I can't wait to hear the excuse from the Lego Marvel superhero guys.

  6. #12321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"

    They actually said this. Someone actually said this in an interview.
    Those same modern Marvel fans made Deadpool one of the highest-grossing superhero movies of all time. Seriously, that movie outgrossed every Thor movie, every Captain America movie, and the first two Iron Man movies. People remember the X-men, enough to make movie studios a lot of money. This guy isn't just wrong. He's wrong in a way that's mathematically provable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  7. #12322
    Mighty Member psylurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    It's crap like that statement from Capcom that shows that the Complex is very much real, as if there were still any doubts.

    Putting down my fanboy hat for a moment... from a business perspective, I absolutely get what Disney is trying to do with the X-Men. I might not agree with it, but I'm sure downplaying the mutants in toys, videogames and cartoons does have SOME impact on Fox's movies, keeping awareness of the characters very low. I get it. But surely that impact is ultimately only minimal on the movies' success, as most of them have ranged from profitable to very profitable.

    And then on the other side, Disney has agreed to let Fox do 2 TV shows and a cartoon which are surely an excellent way to once again increase awareness of the property on television. So I wonder what Disney's endgame with all this is. I'm sure they would love to start making money with X-licensing again, as leaving it to languish doesn't really hurt their competitor much and doesn't make financial sense for them either.

  8. #12323
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Miami... the good one.
    Posts
    4,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    It's crap like that statement from Capcom that shows that the Complex is very much real, as if there were still any doubts.

    Putting down my fanboy hat for a moment... from a business perspective, I absolutely get what Disney is trying to do with the X-Men. I might not agree with it, but I'm sure downplaying the mutants in toys, videogames and cartoons does have SOME impact on Fox's movies, keeping awareness of the characters very low. I get it. But surely that impact is ultimately only minimal on the movies' success, as most of them have ranged from profitable to very profitable.

    And then on the other side, Disney has agreed to let Fox do 2 TV shows and a cartoon which are surely an excellent way to once again increase awareness of the property on television. So I wonder what Disney's endgame with all this is. I'm sure they would love to start making money with X-licensing again, as leaving it to languish doesn't really hurt their competitor much and doesn't make financial sense for them either.
    Look at what they've allowed though. All prime time shows NOT directed or created towards younger audiences. Disney and Marvel are having their cake and eating it by reaping the royalties from these licenses but are still keeping the X-Men as a whole away from the eyes of children (not creating new fans). This ensures that while interest in the property will never disappear completely, but buzz and excitement that gives movies it's "legs" is drained away. No movie makes all their money in the first weekend, but over the weeks to come. So when a string a not to great movies come down the pike, Fox will inevitably come to the table. Disney is playing a long game, something they can do. So the cake could be sweeter, but they'll take what they can until the real desert comes in.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

  9. #12324

    Default

    Yesterday, Marvel Puzzle Quest asked players to take a poll about what character they'd like to see in the game. For the first time in years, X-characters were included, and quite a few at that.

    Kitty
    Rogue
    Apocalypse
    Cable
    Mr. Sinister
    Emma Frost
    Gambit
    Nightcrawler
    Magik
    Dazzler
    Omega Red
    Archangel

    And probably a bunch more I can't remember. For new variants, they included all the X-characters already in the game, IIRC. Doesn't mean any will actually show up, but maybe it's their way of acknowledging that players want X-characters in the game. *shrug*

  10. #12325
    Mighty Member uebersoldat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/87...astic-four.htm

    Thought I'd post this here too, looks like Brevik and his team at Gazillion got into some 'hot water' over their promotion of X-Men and FF back in 2015.

  11. #12326
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Those same modern Marvel fans made Deadpool one of the highest-grossing superhero movies of all time. Seriously, that movie outgrossed every Thor movie, every Captain America movie, and the first two Iron Man movies.
    Deadpool did not make more then captain america civil war.

  12. #12327
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Deadpool did not make more then captain america civil war.
    Well, i think that it mean only the First Avenger; because the other two are more like Avengers movies, especially civil war.

  13. #12328

  14. #12329
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,038

    Default

    And the Complex is just made up stuff.

  15. #12330
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,108

    Default

    I feel like that may be good news for X-Men though. They're not included here, and Gazillion confirmed it's due to license changes, so maybe that + mutants showing up in Future Fight recently means they're changing things so F4 are the only banned ones on games from now on?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •