Page 2 of 875 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: The Complex

BANNED

I want to confirm. if Marvel make and sell xmen toys, do fox get a percentage profit from it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I want to confirm. if Marvel make and sell xmen toys, do fox get a percentage profit from it or not?
    If they are purely toys based on the comics, Fox doesn't see a dime, but if they are movie based both parties share the profit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    If they are purely toys based on the comics, Fox doesn't see a dime, but if they are movie based both parties share the profit.
    I see. Thanks a lot.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Bleeding Cool Reports: Tom Brevoort Semi-Confirms Reduction In Prominence Of X-Men At Marvel
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...edium=facebook
    Remember you heard it here first folks!

Damm you Fox! give back the rigths!

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    Is it just me or are they fast tracking a Guardians cartoon super fast? I feel like that show will be on the air super soon and we barely found out about it.

Shame we can't get an X-Men cartoon so quickly!
    There was a logo for a new animated Wolverine project at a pre-SDCC marketing show, so there could be something on the way on the cartoon front.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Was just about to post this.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Was just about to post this.
    Yeah, I saw it posted somewhere else and wanted to share

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Yeah, I saw it posted somewhere else and wanted to share
    It's pretty much the first time someone's come out and said "Yea, that's kind of what's happening." While most others try to humorously dance around it.

BANNED

Now we know. The X-Men's days are numbered.

BANNED

Why should Fox have to give the rights back? They saved Marvel from going out of business in the first place.

Killing Wolverine has nothing to do with furthering ''the agenda'' imo. His character had flatlined ever since the schism. However, they won't be as quick to bring him back as they were with Cap/Peter.

So I expect this time next year that the top sellers for the X-Men line will be doing good to hit 40k and we'll have maybe half the titles we have now. UXM is already as low as it's ever been, I believe. They'll use it to justify the reboot that Bendis has already hinted at on Tumblr for next summer for a few months of increased sales, but if something doesn't change drastically (I'd suggest against continuing to alienate fans of the CC era and characters, among other things), I expect the X-Men to be about as relevant to Marvel as the FF by then, which is to say, not very.

Fantastic Member

I'm starting to see some upsides to this. Assuming the X-line isn't eventually erased or subsumed into the Inhumans, I think it could somewhat benefit the books as far as consistency of story and characters I like if they avoided "movie cross promotion synergy" and somewhat forceful Avengers NOW-ish reinventions.

BANNED

I knew it, no wonder the X-men been having bad luck in their stories lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    So I expect this time next year that the top sellers for the X-Men line will be doing good to hit 40k and we'll have maybe half the titles we have now. UXM is already as low as it's ever been, I believe. They'll use it to justify the reboot that Bendis has already hinted at on Tumblr for next summer for a few months of increased sales, but if something doesn't change drastically (I'd suggest against continuing to alienate fans of the CC era and characters, among other things), I expect the X-Men to be about as relevant to Marvel as the FF by then, which is to say, not very.
    Maybe if that's the case, they'll put all their "big name" talent on Avengers, Inhuman, etc. stuff and we'll get more books by Asmus, Hopeless, Spurrier, PAD, Duggan, and the like. Those books will be relevant to me.. and that's all I give a crap about. Who cares about Marvel's "big picture" at that point?