Page 3 of 875 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Why should Fox have to give the rights back? They saved Marvel from going out of business in the first place.

Killing Wolverine has nothing to do with furthering ''the agenda'' imo. His character had flatlined ever since the schism. However, they won't be as quick to bring him back as they were with Cap/Peter.
    I totally agree - I want Fox to keep the rights at all cost. I don't want the X-Men anywhere near Disney's plothole-verse!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Y'know, I havent really given much thought to these rumors, I dint think they were wrong but I wasnt adamant that they were right either.

I really dont care if they alter the X-Franchise out of mutants or X-Men to get their rights back, they can always change it later. Besides, we may get some interesting stories out of it and when thats done perhaps the franchise can be restored to Marvel.

That said, I'm disgusted with Marvel, for years its been presented on message boards and they scoffed and insulted fans and pretended they were crazy to cover it up and thats damn low, they didn't want us to know that they aren't putting their all in their books because we might think twice about shelling out 4 bucks for something that is lessened in quality. I'm close to dropping all Marvel books. No wonder the x-Men have been jobbing to the Avengers if they let us know then we wouldn't spend all that money on their big events that go nowhere. I'm glad I haven't spent my money on them myself. "Persecution complex" indeed...

I posted this is another thread and then I found this one, so here it is again.

As a former X-reader, it's a little sad to see the state of the X-books now. Little support from the company, Wolverine in almost every book (seriously, I hope when they "kill him" that he actually stays dead), the creation of fantastic characters (New X-Men) only to phase them out and bring in nonsense characters like Eye Boy and Shark Girl or more Wolverine. Really? Marvel can't find a place for the New X-Men kids besides just having them as useless background characters?

Bendis is mostly hit or miss with me and he's leading the franchise right now. It's hard for me to get into the books and characters again. Not to mention the constant relaunches of the same title with a new #1 and the high $3.99 price for most (all?) books. Those are more general Marvel complaints, I guess, but they certainly contribute to my feelings. And the Fox X-movies have all sucked badly except First Class and DoFP--and even those are nothing compared to the other Marvel movies. The over-the-top costumes, the cheesy effects when a character is being tossed around, killing important characters like Cyclops or de-powering others...then re-powering them without explanation in the next film...having an actor play a character in one film and another actor play the same character in another film (Sabretooth, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost). There's just very little foresight in the X-films; almost no planning ahead...at least until recently, and then it's only somewhat.

I stopped being an X-fan around the time they moved the team to San Francisco. Everytime I try to get back into the books again, I'm disappointed with whats there. It's quite sad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I totally agree - I want Fox to keep the rights at all cost. I don't want the X-Men anywhere near Disney's plothole-verse!
    Care to explain Xavier's resurrection between The Last stand and DofP?

Plot-holes, indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Damm you Fox! give back the rigths!
    Why? Yes it would be better for us. But it's not Fox's fault. Marvel sold Fox the right's fair and square. Nobody forced there hand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Care to explain Xavier's resurrection between The Last stand and DofP?

Plot-holes, indeed...
    X3 post-credit scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Wolverine in almost every book (seriously, I hope when they "kill him" that he actually stays dead)
    Haters gonna hate
    I'm tired of people like you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    X3 post-credit scene.
    Um...the person in Moira's care?

The one who looks exactly like Charles Xavier?

Must be a coincidence, right?

BANNED

It was his twin brother

BANNED

It's his twin brother as confirmed by the director in the commentary.

BANNED

It's his twin brother as confirmed by the director in the commentary.
    So we need director commentary to understand a movie's logic?

BANNED

I just realized that this site no longer has avengers board/ forum because anything about avengers can be discussedin marvel comics board.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Bleeding Cool Reports: Tom Brevoort Semi-Confirms Reduction In Prominence Of X-Men At Marvel
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...edium=facebook
    Remember you heard it here first folks!
    This response is the same as the one in your second post. Any reason to post it twice?

As for what he said, I don't see the problem. Companies have finite resources. Marvel spending more on Avengers makes perfect sense if people actually care about keeping their job. Or are X fans going to pay their salaries when they get fired because they are not maximizing shareholders' investments?
    Last edited by remydat; 08-02-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

So we need director commentary to understand a movie's logic?
    Maybe they should explain in the Winter Soldier's commentary how Tony Stark hacked out all of SHIELD's secrets in The Avengers except a pretty important one...

BANNED

Maybe they should explain in the Winter Soldier's commentary how Tony Stark hacked out all of SHIELD's secrets in The Avengers except a pretty important one...
    Look, I'm not defending the "Marvel Universe" movies and saying that they don't have holes. In fact, every movie of every sort probably has at least one error of some kind or another.

It is rather (dare I say) hypocritical, however, to dismiss one set of movies purely on their plot holes, yet ignore the ones of another set of movies.

For your reading convenience, I shall repeat what I commented towards:

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post