Page 312 of 875 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412812 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    agreed. wasn't a fan of Fraction's Fantastic Four run but kept reading cause i love the F4.
    Thanks for the warning, I was actually curious to try it. It seemed almost fun.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ok, if everyone really thinks Marvel is destroying the X-Men because of Fox, instead of boycotting Marvel (their birthplace) why dont you boycott the Fox films instead? I for one, dont want to support a film franchise that makes almost every character play second fiddle to Wolverine anyway. Supporting Fox will just keep Marvel trashing the X-Men. It doesnt seem like a logical plan. I dont see how it would help the X-Men in the comics. It would just do the opposite.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-31-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Ok, if everyone really thinks Marvel is destroying the X-Men because of Fox, instead of boycotting Marvel (their birthplace) why dont you boycott the Fox films instead? I for one, dont want to support a film franchise that makes almost every character play second fiddle to Wolverine anyway. Supporting Fox will just keep Marvel trashing the X-Men. It doesnt seem like a logical plan. I dont see how it would help the X-Men in the comics. It would just do the opposite.
    Well because the films are entertaining and Fox isn't doing anything other than living up to their contract deal. In fact Fox is paying big bucks for years of movie entertainment such as Ian Mckellan, Hugh Jackman, and Patrick Stewart just to name a few. Marvel is the one being pissy and taking things away from fans. Which one of these is giving fans entertainment?

Because A) the rights were purchased lawfully B) some of us like the FOX films and feel they are moving in the right direction C) FOX isn't going to just give the rights back in our lifetime and D) Disney-Marvel are purposefully holding back IP they own in other media (which they could still make money on) because they don't want to help another studio in any way. It's not like they hurt their other properties by allowing X-men and FF characters to appear in video games, cartoons or on merchandise. The current market is big enough for both Marvel Studios and the FOX Marvel films, and all of those characters. They're are just being a greedy corporation and the people getting screwed are the fans who have supported them over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Thanks for the warning, I was actually curious to try it. It seemed almost fun.
    i will say that his run of Future Foundation is really enjoyable.

BANNED

I know someone thought we should have a hashtag. What about #makeminemutant?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I know someone thought we should have a hashtag. What about #makeminemutant?
    That or #mutantandproud

Quote Originally Posted by natevegas View Post
    That or #mutantandproud
    prefer this one

Quote Originally Posted by natevegas View Post
    Well because the films are entertaining and Fox isn't doing anything other than living up to their contract deal. In fact Fox is paying big bucks for years of movie entertainment such as Ian Mckellan, Hugh Jackman, and Patrick Stewart just to name a few. Marvel is the one being pissy and taking things away from fans. Which one of these is giving fans entertainment?
    Well you are speaking to the wrong person because I wasnt a fan mostly because the X-Men films were more like a Wolverine film with everyone else as supports and cameos. Fox is giving fans of Wolverine (and Magneto) entertainment not really the X-Men IMHO.

But thats beside the point, you want the comics back then you have to sacrifice the Fox films or deal with Marvels "pettiness." Continuing to support a film franchise that you "know" Marvel is being spiteful about then complaining about it seems wasteful. Getting what you want back means sacrificing the films. Are you saying you wouldnt enjoy and X-Men film made by Marvel Studios? Foxs deal is to turn out any crap in time to retain rights. Thats why they are always so in a hurry to make their films in such a short amount of time. Fox doesnt care more about the quality of the X-Men they just want to make money too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Because A) the rights were purchased lawfully B) some of us like the FOX films and feel they are moving in the right direction C) FOX isn't going to just give the rights back in our lifetime and D) Disney-Marvel are purposefully holding back IP they own in other media (which they could still make money on)
    because they don't want to help another studio in any way. It's not like they hurt their other properties by allowing X-men and FF characters to appear in video games, cartoons or on merchandise. The current market is big enough for both Marvel Studios and the FOX Marvel films, and all of those characters. They're are just being a greedy corporation and the people getting screwed are the fans who have supported them over the years.
    Again, you like the Fox films, thats fine, but that means you will have to sacrifice the comics or decide to sacrifice the films. Just waving our fists at how unfair it is is doesnt work. And acting like Fox isnt a greedy corporation does not ring true as they are known for the opposite. Plus, thats why they are trying to churn out so many films so quickly. Why one companies greed is worse than anothers doesnt really make sense to me or seem to help anything. Fox may give the rights back once they see that the films are no longer making money. Because thats what they care about. Not the fans.

The fans think Marvel owes the fans something for sticking by them for so long, why is that? Marvel is the company that created the X-Men. Its ok for Fox to want to make money, why not Marvel, the ones that created the characters?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-31-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Because Fox isn't trying to destroy the x-men., Marvel is. Marvel-Disney is so stupid they don't realise they can't hurt Fox. Insted they are hurting us their customers who support them since forever. I didn't believe that they are trying to undermine the X-men at first but after everything that has happened the last year Marvel is dead to me.

Exactly. Not sure why this is hard for people to comprehend. Disney-Marvel has lots of options besides "bury the X-men and FF in other media to hurt FOX" (which ultimately hurts the fans more than FOX anyway). They could pony up a massive amount of money to buy the rights back. Sure, it would have to be a large sum, but they paid $4 billion for Marvel and $4 billion for Star Wars. And both of those investments are sure to pay off (Marvel already has I think). I'd imagine the X-men and FF rights would ultimately pay off too, even if they had to pay billions for them. Or, and this is more likely, they could try to do a deal like they've done with Sony over Spider-man. Why not? This whole strategy of screwing over properties they own in every conceivable way save the film rights just isn't going to do anything but alienate longtime fans. Again, it's short-sighted and petty, driven by executive egos and corporate greed.

FOX is giving the fans something. More X-men films. Disney-Marvel is consciously taking away. Very, very different.

BANNED

Well you are speaking to the wrong person because I wasnt a fan mostly because the X-Men films were more like a Wolverine film with everyone else as supports and cameos. Fox is giving fans of Wolverine (and Magneto) entertainment not really the X-Men IMHO.

But thats beside the point, you want the comics back then you have to sacrifice the Fox films or deal with Marvels "pettiness." Continuing to support a film franchise that you "know" Marvel is being spiteful about then complaining about it seems wasteful. Getting what you want back means sacrificing the films. Are you saying you wouldnt enjoy and X-Men film made by Marvel Studios? Foxs deal is to turn out any crap in time to retain rights. Thats why they are always so in a hurry to make their films in such a short amount of time. Fox doesnt care more about the quality of the X-Men they just want to make money too.

Again, you like the Fox films, thats fine, but that means you will have to sacrifice the comics or decide to sacrifice the films. Just waving our fists at how unfair it is is doesnt work. And acting like Fox isnt a greedy corporation does not ring true as they are known for the opposite. Plus, thats why they are trying to churn out so many films so quickly. Why one companies greed is worse than anothers doesnt really make sense to me or seem to help anything. Fox may give the rights back once they see that the films are no longer making money. Because thats what they care about. Not the fans.

The fans think Marvel owes the fans something for sticking by them for so long, why is that? Marvel is the company that created the X-Men. Its ok for Fox to want to make money, why not Marvel, the ones that created the characters?
    Because they are losing money by denying publishing and toy rights. They can still make money from that without Fox making a dime. Why are you supporting marvel any way?

You know, I see this a lot on the ComicBookMovie.com site. There are these MCU purists who want the rights to go back to Marvel so badly that they see FOX as the bad guys for exercising their legal and valid right to make films based on Marvel properties that they purchased fair and square. And back when Marvel was in bankruptcy, I might add. If not for that deal there might not be a Marvel Studios. In fact it's highly likely!

Not saying that that's this particular poster's position, as I honestly don't know. But it does make me scratch my head when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    Because Fox isn't trying to destroy the x-men., Marvel is. Marvel-Disney is so stupid they don't realise they can't hurt Fox. Insted they are hurting us their customers who support them since forever. I didn't believe that they are trying to undermine the X-men at first but after everything that has happened the last year Marvel is dead to me.
    Exactly. Mickey Mouse Marvel is only hurting the X-fans with removing any and all X-merchandise. They could stop publishing X-books tomorrow, and FOX would still have decades and decades of (argualbly superior) stories to mine for their movies.

It's fine that some people don't like Fox's X-Men, but they really aren't the villains here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Because they are losing money by denying publishing and toy rights. They can still make money from that without Fox making a dime. Why are you supporting marvel any way?
    I'm not supporting Marvel. Who says I am? What do you mean by support?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You know, I see this a lot on the ComicBookMovie.com site. There are these MCU purists who want the rights to go back to Marvel so badly that they see FOX as the bad guys for exercising their legal and valid right to make films based on Marvel properties that they purchased fair and square. And back when Marvel was in bankruptcy, I might add. If not for that deal there might not be a Marvel Studios. In fact it's highly likely!

Not saying that that's this particular poster's position, as I honestly don't know. But it does make me scratch my head when I see it.
    What? I'm not a purist. Because I am pointing out Fox is just as greedy a company means I'm a purist? Because I'm pointing out the futility of boycotting Marvel means I'm a purist? I didnt attack you for your preference for the films so why belittle my opinion by just calling me a "purist"? You were practically calling Marvel the bad guys. I just dont understand what a Marvel boycott can possibly do that is positive for the comics. Since I dont know why dont you tell me?

Ah, the heck with it... Since you are going to dismiss me as a "purist" I'll just go back and call you a "tin hats" and call it a day. I'll leave you to scratch your head. I was mostly speaking hypothetical. I wasnt trying to prove anything.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-31-2015 at 06:54 PM.