Page 321 of 875 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421821 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    So, how long before Quicksilver is killed in the comics?
    Gambit will be next on the hit list.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    OMG, this one is the best! Even in the description of the "Expansive 2015 plans" that is on the other page, there isn't a single mention of the X-Men or the FF. lol
    Yeah read that part about Spidey toys among others reached 1 billion in retail sales. There goes the movies are the only money maker argument.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by natevegas View Post
    Gambit will be next on the hit list.
    His future looks grim, but Quicksilver's MCU death makes his existence in the comics on very shaky ground.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Snyderman View Post
    This thread is facepalm worthy.
    I will leave as i please.
    Are you talking about us or about Marvel ?.

And until about two years ago, only about a handful of people knew who GOTG were.
    And most of those people were familiar with the old rooster anyways.

His future looks grim, but Quicksilver's MCU death makes his existence in the comics on very shaky ground.
    Well, Deadpool already kicked the bucket, so..................................

Spectacular Member

I thought Scarlet Witch put a curse out to effect on her family line and Quicksilver fell but Magneto didn't retcon happen? I thought her spell killed him but who knows I can't keep track.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, Deadpool already kicked the bucket, so..................................
    The more I think about it, the more Deadpool's death is possibly the most perfect example of the Complex. He was well on his way to becoming a top-tier Marvel character, then out of the blue, he's killed. It made no logical sense.

I thought Scarlet Witch put a curse out to effect on her family line and Quicksilver fell but Magneto didn't retcon happen? I thought her spell killed him but who knows I can't keep track.
    You may be right. I know that neither are considered the children of Magneto anymore.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

It definitely did not kill him, just "struck him down."
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Are you talking about us or about Marvel ?.
    You guys. Duh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    That's fine. I just didn't want you to hurt your head with all your facepalming. We need insightful posters like yourself.
    Damn right y'all do.

So, how long before Quicksilver is killed in the comics?
    Eh, I don't buy that he's gone for good. That's what Joss wants, sure, but the Russos are in charge now & they're pros at reviving people (Fun Fact: Joss was against reviving Bucky for Winter Soldier). If I recall, the guy has 2 more movies on his contract (which could have been a "just in case" thing more than anything else). Plus you have an OP twin sister with the potential to bend reality & a Time Stone just waiting to be used.

Marvel Comics: Where nobody dies for good except Uncle Ben.

As for the comics, both of the Twins are getting a push in Uncanny Avengers, so there's that.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Damn right y'all do.
    You're adorable. Ignorant as hell, but adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It definitely did not kill him, just "struck him down."
    Which is one of the reasons why her whole "my spell didn't affect you, you're not the daddy" thing is suspect. She meant to kill them both. Her spell didn't work on Pietro, and it obviously didn't work on Magneto; does that mean Pietro isn't really her brother, either? Why oh why couldn't Marvel have just said, Wanda hexed away her relationship to Magneto from that point on, because her powers are still wonky and she's still insane? I still don't understand why they had to create a completely ludicrous High Evolutionary story to cover the retcon. My theory is that a certain editor vp of publishing wanted the extreme version of a retcon; Marvel higher ups could've been satisfied with a cosmetic fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Which is one of the reasons why her whole "my spell didn't affect you, you're not the daddy" thing is suspect. She meant to kill them both. Her spell didn't work on Pietro, and it obviously didn't work on Magneto; does that mean Pietro isn't really her brother, either? Why oh why couldn't Marvel have just said, Wanda hexed away her relationship to Magneto from that point on, because her powers are still wonky and she's still insane? I still don't understand why they had to create a completely ludicrous High Evolutionary story to cover the retcon. My theory is that a certain editor vp of publishing wanted the extreme version of a retcon; Marvel higher ups could've been satisfied with a cosmetic fix.
    Well, maybe Quicksilver is only her half-brother, and that's why he was knocked out instead of being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i do not expect him to say anything that will put his career in jeaopardy.
    Indeed. I guess it's unrealistic to expect that the real-life people who edit and write about super heroes might be a little more heroic themselves.

I mean hypothetically speaking, if an editor has sat in the same chair in the same job for 25 years, and never worked at another company, never edited anything but the same comic books, wouldn't such a hypothetical editor be terrified of change, of losing his job even to be promoted to another Marvel position? So logically, wouldn't such an editor pander as if his life depended on it?
    Last edited by Rivka; 06-02-2015 at 03:41 PM.

BANNED

I don't understand why Brevoort keeps fielding those questions. It does more damage to his reputation than help.