Page 372 of 875 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472872 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

UNCANNY x-men has stood, for decades, representing minorities of all races, all walks of life, all denominations, ALL.

on the same day that SCOTUS rules on behalf of equality for all, marvel comics lets out a press release to de-legitimize that same champion who has STOOD UP for equality despite controversy.

classy. real classy. remember this day, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    UNCANNY x-men has stood, for decades, representing minorities of all races, all walks of life, all denominations, ALL.

on the same day that SCOTUS rules on behalf of equality for all, marvel comics lets out a press release to de-legitimize that same champion who has STOOD UP for equality despite controversy.

classy. real classy. remember this day, everyone.
    What????????????????

BANNED

So, Beast will apparently be featured in Uncanny Inhumans. I guess Marvel realizes that the Inhumans aren't a very interesting group so their shoving some X-MEN in there to attract readers.

on what planet did marvel comics think it was a good idea to send out press releases de legitimizing the x-men in favor of the inhumans on today of all days? charles Xavier literally endured a hate crime all the way back in the 1980s standing up for minorities and this is how marvel celebrates him and his cause? saying inhumans have a more legitimate claim to uncanny than them?

i remember, as a child, reading a letter of hatred in the letters pages by a fan enraged that charles xavier stood up in front of an angry mob in defence of gays. this letter saying that the gays are outrageous to compare themselves to blacks. and i remember marvel comics standing up for their story and telling that enraged fan, in a published book, that x-men stands for all minorities.

what a pitiful day for them now.

I think they're trolling the X-Men fans. I like it. Hate the Beast, but love the trolling.

on what planet did marvel comics think it was a good idea to send out press releases de legitimizing the x-men in favor of the inhumans on today of all days? charles Xavier literally endured a hate crime all the way back in the 1980s standing up for minorities and this is how marvel celebrates him and his cause? saying inhumans have a more legitimate claim to uncanny than them?

i remember, as a child, reading a letter of hatred in the letters pages by a fan enraged that charles xavier stood up in front of an angry mob in defence of gays. this letter saying that the gays are outrageous to compare themselves to blacks. and i remember marvel comics standing up for their story and telling that enraged fan, in a published book, that x-men stands for all minorities.

what a pitiful day for them now.
    No de-legitimization, and no one really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post

1. I can't imagine anyone who gives half a s##t about the X-Men missing any version of Hank McCoy post-Morrison. Addition by subtraction hasn't had a better example in comics.
    Not totaly true: There is ANXM Hank. If they keep him and send the other to the Inhuman, that's fine... lol

Beast is only going to Inhumans because Scott's hanging around there after SW. Can't have that without someone reminding Scott he was committing genocide.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

The cynical in me thinks the only reason gay marriage is legal is an economic reason. It feels like everything is less diverse than it was in the 80s-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Beast is only going to Inhumans because Scott's hanging around there after SW. Can't have that without someone reminding Scott he was committing genocide.
    Was going to say... Scott and Hank with Inhumans. There is only no adult Jean around and adult Angel is a vegetable. They just need to send adult Bobby to the Avengers and there will be only the O5 version of those characters in the X-Book.

Fantastic Member

I can't say I'll miss Beast all that much, and there's a decent chance he'll just be pulling multi-title duty anyway. Though despite these attempts, I'd say Naja the spotted green flying squirrel girl is still a bigger draw for me than Beast. And while I know they're obscure, as long as the Inhumans are getting promoted I wish the Dark Riders could return to bask in some of that definitely-forthcoming Inhuman glory.

LMFAO, they chose the right X-Men. I hope they kick him out of the school.

Also Soules work is souless not only on the Inhumans, but on his Death of Wolverine was crap too so not missing out on anything.

BANNED

I guess on the plus side, we are rid of Beast!

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Copy/paste my post from the main Marvel thread on Beast defection for time:

"I wouldn't count myself as a "Complexer", but I'm a long-time fan of the X-Men and credit them for my starting to buy monthly issues many, many years ago so my take is the following:

1. I can't imagine anyone who gives half a s##t about the X-Men missing any version of Hank McCoy post-Morrison. Addition by subtraction hasn't had a better example in comics.

2. Shoots a hole in the Terrigenesis-gas being poisonous to mutants and leading to a mass exodus off-planet theory. So that's a plus.

3. If you're going to ape the Bendis Avengers era and shove heroes from more popular franchises to try and prop up your failing "flagship" title, make sure you do it right. Using Spider-Man and Wolverine helped turn the Avengers into a powerhouse. Beast and the Human Torch are your draws? Good luck with that whole "replacing the X-Men" thing."
    Well, given Wolverine is dead, and Laura is taking the name, besides that Spiderman is now Miles Morales; so Beast and Torch are as good option as any.