Page 454 of 875 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 13124

Thread: The Complex

Astonishing Member

goddamnit Black Bolt

no wonder medusa thinks johnny's the better option

BANNED

Killing off the mutants won't force me to read about the cheap knockoff characters.

Even if the X-Men were entirely at a different company, I wouldn't spend money on a plagiarized concept just like it.

I'll pick up the X-books more consistently and widely than ever but I'm leaning away from buying any other Marvel now.

Them being bitter is just not the way to get me to support their little movie pet characters. I'm just not that into you, Inhumans. Go away!

it's one thing when it's all just speculating, but seeing it all like that makes it super depressing. This wouldn't be upsetting if it wasn't Inhuman related, but this is taking meta too far.

And this is announced on 9/11. Sadly fitting.
    Didn't the X-Men spend the better part of the 2000s getting over sterilization and imminent extinction? *grumbles*
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    it's one thing when it's all just speculating, but seeing it all like that makes it super depressing. This wouldn't be upsetting if it wasn't Inhuman related, but this is taking meta too far.
    Marvel isn't even trying to be subtle about destroying the X-Men to build up the Inhumans. Looks like Bendis and Remender saw what was coming down from editorial and jumped ship. It makes me wonder why writers like Bunn and Lemire would come on at a time like this. The paycheck? It certainly can't be creative freedom or editorial support for anything non-mandated.
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-11-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Only if you choose to see it as such rather than what it is:

A story
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Marvel isn't even trying to be subtle about destroying the X-Men to build up the Inhumans. Looks like Bendis and Remender saw what was coming down from editorial and jumped ship. It makes me wonder why writers like Bunn and Lemire would come on at a time like this. The paycheck? It certainly can't be creative freedom or editorial support for anything non-mandated.
    Do you honestly believe this?

Its like saying there is a meeting where a bunch of guys sit at a table and discuss ways to destroy the xmen like cackling supervillains.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Do you honestly believe this?

Its like saying there is a meeting where a bunch of guys sit at a table and discuss ways to destroy the xmen like cackling supervillains.
    How about this... A bunch of guys sitting around a table formulating ways to diminish the X-Men brand that also push the Inhumans brand. The X-Men franchise is now dealing almost entirely with Inhumans-related issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    How about this... A bunch of guys sitting around a table formulating ways to diminish the X-Men brand that also push the Inhumans brand. The X-Men franchise is now dealing almost entirely with Inhumans-related issues.
    As is the Marvel Universe in general. The Inhumans movie is propelling the plot. This happened to the Avengers as well which is why we had the Infinity and Inuhumanity crossovers. Also why DnA's run on Guardians and Nova ended so that Bendis and Loeb could start fresh in anticipation of the Guardians movie.

They are trying to make the Inhumans popular by using the Xmen cause the Xmen are popular. It doesnt diminish Xmen, it males them central to stories that the MU are focusing on if anything.

Only if you choose to see it as such rather than what it is:

A story
    AvX was a story.

I don't know why you think repeating that its a plot diminishes anything we're saying. They can use plot points to diminish and marginalize them the way they have the last few years. Thats fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    AvX was a story.

I don't know why you think repeating that its a plot diminishes anything we're saying. They can use plot points to diminish and marginalize them the way they have the last few years. Thats fact.
    But not one thats created as a scheme to destroy a franchise that makes them money. Lemiere and Bunn didnt just pitch ideas on how to diminish the xmen. They simply pitched stories to tell.

And Marvel is pushing the Inhumans and they are doing that by using a fan favorite franchise like xmen.

It remains to be seen if it will work. The Inhumans have never been popular. But neither uad Guardians until the movie.

But not one thats created as a scheme to destroy a franchise that makes them money. Lemiere and Bunn didnt just pitch ideas on how to diminish the xmen. They simply pitched stories to tell.

And Marvel is pushing the Inhumans and they are doing that by using a fan favorite franchise like xmen.

It remains to be seen if it will work. The Inhumans have never been popular. But neither uad Guardians until the movie.
    Of course that Lemire and Bunn didnt came up with is, this is Dis-Marvel's idea, so they will have to follow editorial orders.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Of course that Lemire and Bunn didnt came up with is, this is Dis-Marvel's idea, so they will have to follow editorial orders.
    Which as I said above is to push the inhumans into storylines. First with Avengers during Infinity and now with Xmen.

Which as I said above is to push the inhumans into storylines. First with Avengers during Infinity and now with Xmen.
    So what bad thing happened to the Avengers in Infinity ?.

BANNED

"They simply pitched stories to tell."

Implying this isn't editorially-driven garbage. This story that Lemire and Bunn pitched is the same Inhumans mandate that managed to run Remender off.

Lemire's and Bunn's contributions will be marginal at best. The story "they pitched" was decided before they got the job and it was decided before Remender quit because he didn't want to be forced to destroy something he loves when his name is big enough to make a living on without having to attach that name to some "Corporate says these characters have to go" story.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So what bad thing happened to the Avengers in Infinity ?.
    The Avengers already had things going on. Hickmans run which had quite a few bad thing happen to them leading to failing to save the multiverse from complete destruction.

In the Xmens case, bad stuff ALWAYS happens to them. Thats Xmen. They rarley ever have happy endings. Just par for the course.