Page 6 of 875 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: The Complex

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    funny. and where are all the commenters in here to call us crazy and delusional now. everything is just a rumor from the fringe until it's a press release. but we're just aggressive and full of it right?
    Oh don't worry you're still crazy, delusional, aggressive, and full of it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    funny. and where are all the commenters in here to call us crazy and delusional now. everything is just a rumor from the fringe until it's a press release. but we're just aggressive and full of it right?
    I thought that!
    I know it sounds insane but I'd love it if they sold X Men comics to an independant owner - someone like Chris Claremont!

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    Oh don't worry you're still crazy, delusional, aggressive, and full of it.
    The one's who can't take a hint till it smacks them in face aren't any better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The one's who can't take a hint till it smacks them in face aren't any better.
    What's the hint exactly? That Marvel doesn't promote the X-men as much as their other properties? And because of this they're going to snuff out the X-books? *sigh*

Marvel has been neglecting the X-men for over a decade. Yet in that time, we've had some of the best runs/crossovers since the Claremont days, and we've also had some of the worst. Every property has their ups and downs. X-books are in a rut right now because Bendis is writing them, not because Marvel is trying to sabotage the property(as some eccentric people like to think).

Marvel hasn't killed off groups of X-men, hasn't turned them into Inhumans, and hasn't cancelled their books. So I ask again, what are your opinions based on(besides irrational fear), what's your evidence? No toys? No tv-shows? Half baked theories? Like I said, it's been this way for quite a while.

I understand the frustration, but seeing people bitch and moan about things they can't change(at least on a forum) is infinitely more frustrating.

all that "bitching and moaning" is what got someone at marvel to finally come clean. sorry you are so frustrated.

I don't see much value in dwelling on the plotholes of a film as universally derided as X-Men 3.

I understand the frustration, but seeing people bitch and moan about things they can't change(at least on a forum) is infinitely more frustrating.
    I don't particularly like Dazzler as a character. So I don't read the Dazzler Appreciation thread.

BANNED

I don't particularly like Dazzler as a character. So I don't read the Dazzler Appreciation thread.
    Your loss.

What's the hint exactly? That Marvel doesn't promote the X-men as much as their other properties? And because of this they're going to snuff out the X-books? *sigh*

Marvel has been neglecting the X-men for over a decade. Yet in that time, we've had some of the best runs/crossovers since the Claremont days, and we've also had some of the worst. Every property has their ups and downs. X-books are in a rut right now because Bendis is writing them, not because Marvel is trying to sabotage the property(as some eccentric people like to think).

Marvel hasn't killed off groups of X-men, hasn't turned them into Inhumans, and hasn't cancelled their books. So I ask again, what are your opinions based on(besides irrational fear), what's your evidence? No toys? No tv-shows? Half baked theories? Like I said, it's been this way for quite a while.

agreed. while i may not be a fan of Bendis he is a big shot at Marvel and having him write X-books is kind of a big deal. the books are still selling just fine.

as for no toys...uh there is the upcoming Legends Jubilee wave and the previously released Original X-Men set. doesn't matter if those are Toys R Us exclusives...they're X-Men toys and they're out there for you guys to buy. or not buy. or ignore if its convenient for ya.

if you guys really are so butt hurt then just stop reading X-Men and move on to something else. i mean, in your mind the books are as good as dead in a few months right?

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

All this moving of the goal posts needs to stop.

First, people vehemently rebuked the idea of Marvel promoting the Avengers at the cost of the X-Men.
    Then, people were riddled with disbelief when talk of Marvel decreasing the X-Men's prominence because of film rights
    Next, people ignored all evidence to the contrary and insisted that Marvel would never cancel,diminish, or shunt the X-Men comics off into some cheap janitor's closet of a universe
    After that, the aforementioned people scoffed at the idea of Marvel turning mutants into humans
    Later, when Marvel transformed Torro into an Inhuman, more people lifted their heads from the sand only to bury them again after insisting that Torro's conversion was inconsequential
    Now, after years of Marvel Editorial denying that there was ANY sort of anti-X agenda, Tom Brevoort finally tells the truth.
    However, those very same people are still insisting that we move along because there's nothing to see here.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

yep Toro, one of the most loved mutants in X-Men history, was turned into an Inhuman. how dare they...oh......

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    yep Toro, one of the most loved mutants in X-Men history, was turned into an Inhuman. how dare they...oh......
    Yes Toro, a character most X-fans didn't know a month ago and whose mutancy was a retcon established in a five year old miniseries which not that many people read in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The problem is simply this: we, as X-men fans, want X-men merchandise and for them to appear in other forms of media besides just the movies and comics. I don't think anyone doesn't understand why Marvel is doing it. It makes business sense. Of course. But as an X-men fan it sucks.

That's all. I'm kind of over it at this point, though. Once they kill Wolverine and finish milking his death for all it's worth with all these limited series, I'll be down to Uncanny X-men and X-Force as my only two Marvel purchases each month. So I'm almost out the door completely at this point anyway.
    Sure but at some point it just becomes crying over spilled milk. Not you personally but X men fans generally. There are enough X men comics and movies out there to be getting all worked up over the lack of toys and cartoons.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I wonder if it's cross-promotion so much as cross-contamination. Tying X-Men events closely with properties Marvel has the complete rights to might just be a way of making those stories more difficult (or impossible) for Fox to adapt.
    Not really. If they can leave Rachel out of DOFP they can replace any non mutant with a mutant or even the FF. Fox isn't that concerned with a 100% adaption.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.